Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 17th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Familiar Face

Default Constellation Facelift

Are there any photos out there other than the ones on the Royal Caribbean news release, showing the recently completed makeover of Connie?
Sponsored Links
Old May 17th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Admiral

rasul mama,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You View Post
Are there any photos out there other than the ones on the Royal Caribbean news release, showing the recently completed makeover of Connie?
I have not seen any, but there are new deck plans on Celebrity's web site that show the locations of the new facilities.

>> The Cafe al Baccio and Gelateria are in the atrium on the Entertainment Deck, replacing the former Cova Cafe di Milano.

>> The new Bistro on Five Creperie and the new Cellar Masters Wine Bar are respectively on the port and starboard sides of the Promenade Deck between the main dining room and the atrium, in the space formerly occupied by the Champagne Bar and the Martini Bar. Unfortunately, the galley for Bistro on Five blocks the starboard passage from this space into the stair and elevator lobby abaft it.

>> The new Martini Bar is in the starboard side of the atrium on the Promenade Deck, in the space formerly occuped by Celebrity On Line.

>> Celebrity On Line moved to inboard of the amidship elevators, directly above the atrium, on the Penthouse Deck. IIRC, this was originally the lower level of the "Notes" music library.

>> The Tuscan Grill is opposite the amidship elevators at the forward end of the after superstructure on the Sunrise Deck, in the space formerly occupied by The Conservatory.

I'm not sure what has happened to The Conservatory. It seems to have vanished.

But overall, the new "signature elements" look like more opportunities to leave your ca$h behind.

Norm.
Old May 18th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasul mama View Post
Here's a web page on Celebrity with a lot of photos. She really looks great.

Celebrity Cruises - Celebrity Constellation
Old May 18th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Admiral

Default "New Constellation"

Great pictures.. Can't remember what their specialty restaurant was.. have they changed it to the Tuscan Grille...if they have Im really disappointed.. All the reviews I've read and from my own experience it's a major disappointment. Would have loved to have seen Murano installed instead..so elegant, so romantic, so delicious.. Hope to sail her again next year.
Old May 18th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot Mom View Post
Great pictures.. Can't remember what their specialty restaurant was.. have they changed it to the Tuscan Grille...if they have Im really disappointed.. All the reviews I've read and from my own experience it's a major disappointment. Would have loved to have seen Murano installed instead..so elegant, so romantic, so delicious.. Hope to sail her again next year.
There is a Tuscan Grill and a Bistro on 5. They did not put a Murano's on the ship because "Ocean Liners" is basically the same as Murano's, just a different name. I have to respectfully disagree with you about Tuscan Grill, I enjoyed it as much as Murano's and most reviews I have seen rave about it...
Old May 18th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Admiral

Anyone know about the ''thermopool''?
Old May 18th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Admiral

Sandra,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You View Post
No, the ship's specialty restaurant (Ocean Liners), located abaft the atrium on the Plaza Deck, has not changed. The Tuscan Grill occupies the space that was previously "The Conservatory," which is directly above the entrance to the "Seaside Cafe" (buffet area) from the pool area on the Sunrise Deck. Basically, if you take the amidships (glass) elevators one level above the buffet area, you'll now find yourself in the Tuscan Grill.

Norm.
Old May 18th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Admiral

Default Ocean Liners

Have they left the same menu or is it more of Murano.. Sorry Norm, but we were greatly disappointed in Tuscan..but...it could have been an off night for the Chef..boy was it off.. Yes, I know where Tuscan is located now.. Having a problem typing...one of my desr feathered friends "nailed" me today:evil: