Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 21st, 2010, 09:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Does a travel agent or transfer help?

Question: when you are in a jam and rushing to get to the ship on time and every moment counts, how can you get yourself and your luggage there quickly? We hung around a long time waiting for our luggage on this trip and wasted precious time. Any way to avoid this?
Sponsored Links
Old May 21st, 2010, 12:37 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

There are ways to pre-arrange to get you rluggage delivered directly to your cruise ship. They pick it up at your home and actually deliver it directly to your stateroom.

Other than that - carry your luggage on the plane so you don't have to wait.

Or do what most of us do - since you never know what could happen, most of us fly in to a cruise a day early and stay in a local hotel. That way even significant air delays generally don't cause us to miss the ship.

Usually, if you can schedule to arrive in your port city by noon you will be okay to make a 5:00 sailing, but most of us don't like to cut it any closer.

Old May 21st, 2010, 12:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for your answer. We have always gone the day before until this May. What were we thinking? Evidently not thinking.
Glad we bought insurance. We always do. Atlanta airport was shut down for hours and we missed connecting flight after connecting flight. Everything that could go wrong did. Even the aircraft crew were late getting aboard. Then, they couldn't open the airplane door to let us out. It was ridiculous. Awful. We recovered nicely though. Staying in Miami for 2 days and caught a flight to Grand Cayman for the rest of the cruise.
Old May 21st, 2010, 04:02 PM
Admiral

I usually fly in two days before the cruise, that way I can unwind and don't have to rush.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old June 2nd, 2010, 06:31 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by suse View Post
Question: when you are in a jam and rushing to get to the ship on time and every moment counts, how can you get yourself and your luggage there quickly? We hung around a long time waiting for our luggage on this trip and wasted precious time. Any way to avoid this?
Yes to talk with your travel agent they help you for luggage and you on that place you rich fast and freely you enjoy your journey fully,because if you take your luggage then your time wasting in this matter and tried also then better to tell your agent that give you a person will do this work,you free from this matter.
Old June 5th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Familiar Face

In 2006, we were booked on Summit, leaving from Vancouver. BC.

Our flight from Philly was delayed 1-1/2 hours leaving for Chicago. Arriving 2 hours late, after deplaning, we heard our names being paged in concourse. We rushed to gate, were practically pushed on board the plane, the door was closed on our heels. The stewardess told us that the flight was delayed in hopes we would make it.

Next time, a day or two in hotel is the way to go!

PapaBear
Old June 30th, 2010, 03:42 PM
First Mate

Default Delay

We always fly in a day or two ahead of departure. No rush, time for luggage to catch up if mishandled. A much more relaxing cruise experience

Tulum Mexico Resort Reviews

Splendour of the Seas 97
Veendam 05
Westerdam 06
Serenade of the Seas 07
Liberty of the Seas 07
Jewel of the Seas 08
Westerdam 09
Volendam 09
Solstice 10
Solstice 10
Caribbean Princess 11
Nieuw Amsterdam 11
Oasis of the Seas 12
Queen Elizabeth 12
Eurodam 13
Carnival Valor 13
Constellation 14
Old June 30th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Admiral

Transfers depends on the port, I would never do tranfers in Fort Lauderdale but some places I might....