CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   Aqua class cabins (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/374001-aqua-class-cabins.html)

moorelm2 May 22nd, 2010 09:37 PM

Aqua class cabins

:) What is your opinion of the Aqua class cabins and it's amenities is it worth it.

Parrot Mom May 22nd, 2010 10:15 PM

Aqua class

Quote:

Originally Posted by moorelm2 (Post 1293303)
:) What is your opinion of the Aqua class cabins and it's amenities is it worth it.

If you are into spa/massage, etc it's possibly worthwhile..WE just had one and there were always great toiletries, huge soft towels and one of the other items b eside the package with slippers, etc.. was a pitcher of herbal tea. Of course you have acess into the meditation/relaxation rooms. oh yes. the Blu restaurant..where the service was far better than the MDR.. with many healthy choice items on the menu... that made it worthwhile for us.

johnthed0g May 23rd, 2010 07:48 AM

The actual cabin is the same as the rest.

Parrot Mom May 23rd, 2010 09:25 AM

Cabin Size

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnthed0g (Post 1293339)
The actual cabin is the same as the rest.

Wonder if the fact we had a handicapped cabin made a difference..as it was huge...even with the king sized bed

sptrout May 23rd, 2010 09:31 AM

The main advantages to having an AQ cabin IMO are: 1) dining in Blu, 2) free access to The Persian Gardens, and 3) receiving two cruise credits for a 1-week cruise. The value of the in-cabin perks were less important to us.

Are the AQ amenites "worth it?" It all depends on each person likes and dislikes, and to the costs of an AQ cabin vs. what other cabins classes you are considering. For us, we upgraded from an already booked CC2 cabin to AQ for $200; well worth it to us.

johnthed0g May 23rd, 2010 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parrot Mom (Post 1293360)
Wonder if the fact we had a handicapped cabin made a difference..as it was huge...even with the king sized bed

Probably, handicapped cabins that I have seen are big especially the bathrooms.

dkjretired May 23rd, 2010 06:50 PM

I have had an AQ cabin and just got a fabulous upgrade for one on my upcoming cruise...The extra cost is worth it just for Blu and they do not only have healthy foods. There are three everynight items on the menu and the menu is totally different than the MDR. They also serve a great breakfast. Another minor perk which can add up is free water, our attendent just replaced ours as we took them so we didn't have a limit.

Also, in discussing cabins, there are some on the hump area that have huge verandas. I was lucky enough to get it and the veranda is about 9 x12'.

Parrot Mom May 23rd, 2010 09:36 PM

Water

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkjretired (Post 1293440)
I have had an AQ cabin and just got a fabulous upgrade for one on my upcoming cruise...The extra cost is worth it just for Blu and they do not only have healthy foods. There are three everynight items on the menu and the menu is totally different than the MDR. They also serve a great breakfast. Another minor perk which can add up is free water, our attendent just replaced ours as we took them so we didn't have a limit.

Also, in discussing cabins, there are some on the hump area that have huge verandas. I was lucky enough to get it and the veranda is about 9 x12'.

Didn't realize the water in the refrigerator was "FREE". There was less stress in the Blu dining room but I have to tell you we did have a humungus cabin.. and for $29.00 more each.

Mike L May 28th, 2010 10:50 AM

AQ

Solstice just had a big price drop for our July 18 cruise. Feel like I won the lottery:cool:

dkjretired May 28th, 2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike L (Post 1294417)
Solstice just had a big price drop for our July 18 cruise. Feel like I won the lottery:cool:

Mike:

Good for you, I had the same thing happen on my Aug. 22 cruise. We went from an inside to an AQ for $150.00 pp.