Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 22nd, 2010, 09:37 PM
Familiar Face

Default Aqua class cabins

What is your opinion of the Aqua class cabins and it's amenities is it worth it.
Sponsored Links
Old May 22nd, 2010, 10:15 PM
Admiral

Cool Aqua class

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorelm2 View Post
What is your opinion of the Aqua class cabins and it's amenities is it worth it.
If you are into spa/massage, etc it's possibly worthwhile..WE just had one and there were always great toiletries, huge soft towels and one of the other items b eside the package with slippers, etc.. was a pitcher of herbal tea. Of course you have acess into the meditation/relaxation rooms. oh yes. the Blu restaurant..where the service was far better than the MDR.. with many healthy choice items on the menu... that made it worthwhile for us.
Old May 23rd, 2010, 07:48 AM
Admiral

The actual cabin is the same as the rest.
Old May 23rd, 2010, 09:25 AM
Admiral

Question Cabin Size

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthed0g View Post
The actual cabin is the same as the rest.
Wonder if the fact we had a handicapped cabin made a difference..as it was huge...even with the king sized bed
Old May 23rd, 2010, 09:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

The main advantages to having an AQ cabin IMO are: 1) dining in Blu, 2) free access to The Persian Gardens, and 3) receiving two cruise credits for a 1-week cruise. The value of the in-cabin perks were less important to us.

Are the AQ amenites "worth it?" It all depends on each person likes and dislikes, and to the costs of an AQ cabin vs. what other cabins classes you are considering. For us, we upgraded from an already booked CC2 cabin to AQ for $200; well worth it to us.
05/89 NCL, Seaward, 1990 Carnival, Topicale, 1991 Carnival, Festivale, 11/93 Wind Star, Wind Song, 01/95 Celebrity, Horizon, 01/96 Celebrity, Century, 01/00 Celebrity, Zenith, 01/01 Princess, Ocean Princess, 01/02 Princess, Ocean Princess, 01/03 Celebrity, Summit, 05/04 Princess, Diamond, 01/05 Celebrity, Galaxy, 01/07 Oceania, Regatta, 01/08 RCCL, Voyager of the Seas, 02/09 RCCL, Voyager of the Seas, 01/10 Celebrity, Solstice
Old May 23rd, 2010, 03:18 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot Mom View Post
Wonder if the fact we had a handicapped cabin made a difference..as it was huge...even with the king sized bed
Probably, handicapped cabins that I have seen are big especially the bathrooms.
Old May 23rd, 2010, 06:50 PM
Admiral

I have had an AQ cabin and just got a fabulous upgrade for one on my upcoming cruise...The extra cost is worth it just for Blu and they do not only have healthy foods. There are three everynight items on the menu and the menu is totally different than the MDR. They also serve a great breakfast. Another minor perk which can add up is free water, our attendent just replaced ours as we took them so we didn't have a limit.

Also, in discussing cabins, there are some on the hump area that have huge verandas. I was lucky enough to get it and the veranda is about 9 x12'.
Old May 23rd, 2010, 09:36 PM
Admiral

Cool Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjretired View Post
I have had an AQ cabin and just got a fabulous upgrade for one on my upcoming cruise...The extra cost is worth it just for Blu and they do not only have healthy foods. There are three everynight items on the menu and the menu is totally different than the MDR. They also serve a great breakfast. Another minor perk which can add up is free water, our attendent just replaced ours as we took them so we didn't have a limit.

Also, in discussing cabins, there are some on the hump area that have huge verandas. I was lucky enough to get it and the veranda is about 9 x12'.

Didn't realize the water in the refrigerator was "FREE". There was less stress in the Blu dining room but I have to tell you we did have a humungus cabin.. and for $29.00 more each.
Old May 28th, 2010, 10:50 AM
First Mate

Default AQ

Solstice just had a big price drop for our July 18 cruise. Feel like I won the lottery

Tulum Mexico Resort Reviews

Splendour of the Seas 97
Veendam 05
Westerdam 06
Serenade of the Seas 07
Liberty of the Seas 07
Jewel of the Seas 08
Westerdam 09
Volendam 09
Solstice 10
Solstice 10
Caribbean Princess 11
Nieuw Amsterdam 11
Oasis of the Seas 12
Queen Elizabeth 12
Eurodam 13
Carnival Valor 13
Carnival Fantasy 14
Constellation 14
Old May 28th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
Solstice just had a big price drop for our July 18 cruise. Feel like I won the lottery
Mike:

Good for you, I had the same thing happen on my Aug. 22 cruise. We went from an inside to an AQ for $150.00 pp.