Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 17th, 2010, 11:52 PM
Captain

With all of the new and beautiful and reliable ships being introduced by all cruise lines, including Celebrity, IMHO the Summit which is now just short of ten years old, is an older ship.

Since the C-class ships were mentioned in the above post, I can still recall the deplorable conditions on the Celebrity Galaxy which Celebrity allowed to sail for many years with fogged windows in the observation lounge, stained sinks in most cabins, stained and worn furniture, hot tubs that only worked sporadically and just generally a ship that was in poor condition, but this ship was still marketed as a premium cruise ship to passengers who had no idea of what to expect. True it may be good for the bottom line for Celebrity and for stockhlders of Royal Carribean, but IMHO it certainly was not good for the unspectiong passengers.

The only thing I am full of, is valid information about my experiences with Celebrity and the treatment that I and tens of thousands of other pasengers who believed the hype and who were booked on one of these problem M-class cruises, that turned out to be anything but a premium experience.

The biggest problem that I have with Celebrity is how tight lipped Celebrity has been about these problems to the cruising public for almost ten years now. No insults or any amount of spin, from anyone, can ever change that fact.

Debra

Winston Churchill

email: debra2106@yahoo.com
Old July 18th, 2010, 07:37 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Debra View Post
With all of the new and beautiful and reliable ships being introduced by all cruise lines, including Celebrity, IMHO the Summit which is now just short of ten years old, is an older ship.

Since the C-class ships were mentioned in the above post, I can still recall the deplorable conditions on the Celebrity Galaxy which Celebrity allowed to sail for many years with fogged windows in the observation lounge, stained sinks in most cabins, stained and worn furniture, hot tubs that only worked sporadically and just generally a ship that was in poor condition, but this ship was still marketed as a premium cruise ship to passengers who had no idea of what to expect. True it may be good for the bottom line for Celebrity and for stockhlders of Royal Carribean, but IMHO it certainly was not good for the unspectiong passengers.

The only thing I am full of, is valid information about my experiences with Celebrity and the treatment that I and tens of thousands of other pasengers who believed the hype and who were booked on one of these problem M-class cruises, that turned out to be anything but a premium experience.

The biggest problem that I have with Celebrity is how tight lipped Celebrity has been about these problems to the cruising public for almost ten years now. No insults or any amount of spin, from anyone, can ever change that fact.

Debra
Love to see where these tens of thousands of other passengers are. It appears your agenda will now include the Galaxy, were you ever on it, I was and of course you can find little things but nothing as bad as you claim. Every Celebrity ship I have ever been on, I observed workers constantly cleaning and maintaining the ships like no other line I have ever seen and that is one of the reasons I prefer them. My experience is totally opposite yours and I have no agenda which you obviously have had for several years. You have gone beyond informational purposes. You had a bad experience, get over it because you are way beyond credible at this point....

Summit will be receiving the S class treatement next year and will be like a new ship, they are spending a 1.5 billion dollars on the four M class ships. I think perhaps Debra is getting a little frustrated and jealous because Celebrity is doing so well...
Old July 18th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Admiral

I wonder why some people are so quick to exagerate the negative???

I have encountered many many more positives in all my cruises than negatives.
And above all, my Celebrity cruises have allways been Excellent..

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old July 18th, 2010, 03:14 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to richsea

Again I ask; exactly when was it that you were on a Celebrity ship, Nurse Debra? I know that you sailed Summit in 2006, we have heard that tale of woe ad nauseum for over four years. When did you sail on Galaxy? When did you sail Century? When did you sail Mercury? How do you know they do not provide an upscale experience?
Old July 18th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by richsea View Post
Again I ask; exactly when was it that you were on a Celebrity ship, Nurse Debra? I know that you sailed Summit in 2006, we have heard that tale of woe ad nauseum for over four years. When did you sail on Galaxy? When did you sail Century? When did you sail Mercury? How do you know they do not provide an upscale experience?
Richsea, those are great questions. I would like to add one more.

Debra are you a real nurse???????????

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Old July 19th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Admiral

Talking Cannot resist....travel and leisure

Now if your going to tell me that Travel and Leisure is a "snob" magazine...again..what does everybody consider the travel magazine for the "unwashed masses"?

Travel and Leisure just listed their TOP TEN CRUISE LINES....
1. Crystal
2. Regent Seven Seas
3. Oceania
4. Disney
5. Azamara
6. Cunard
7. CELEBRITY
8. Holland America
9. Royal Caribbean
10.PRINCESS..

Was surprised to see Cunard so low
Old July 22nd, 2010, 08:35 PM
Familiar Face

Wow, I really liked Galaxy. We had two of our very best cruises on that ship, and had no complaints about its condition. I remember some clouded windows in the observation lounge, but that had absolutely zero impact on our enjoyment of that ship. The crew was second to none, and the food & service were just wonderful.
Last Feb, while we were on Constellation, we saw it next to us in Grenada, with its new graffiti-looking paint job as "Mein Schiff"...sad to see it go to Tui. just my opinion...
Old July 23rd, 2010, 07:00 PM
First Mate

Every cruise line is a little different. It depends on what you like or what you expect from you cruise. It all comes down to a personnal choise, and I think everyone has there own personnal experiences on every cruise.
Old July 29th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Beginner

Quote:

Debra
OMG, are you STILL on here trying to beat up Celebrity because you had an unfortunate experience in May 2006?

Although I check out this message board from time to time, I haven't posted here before, but I had to register today to let new cruisers know that Nurse Debra has had an axe to grind with Celebrity since 2006. You simply can't rely on anything she has to say with respect to Celebrity. Her statements such as "tens of thousands of passengers..." are just ridiculous. She would have you believe that there are ongoing problems with Celebrity ships that have existed for ten years. NOT TRUE. This is just complete nonsense from the bitterest poster I have ever encountered on any cruise board.

I have sailed on all of the Celebrity ships, and also on Oceania, Azamara, Princess, RCCL and HAL. Celebrity is my favourite line because they do things well, and they are a perfect fit for my cruising priorities: the service is outstanding, the ships are beautiful in a classy, modern, somewhat lower-key way (no neon, or ultra-vibrant colour schemes). The food in general is great, there are lots of excellent dining options, the entertainment is varied. The cruise passengers are kind, interesting, well-travelled, and friendly. Celebrity provides very, very good value, and is our go-to cruise line, although we will also cruise the others mentioned above.

The Solstice ships are stunning, and the Millennium-class ships are older but still beautiful and they too provide an excellent cruise experience. You can sometimes find very good rates on the M-class ships for a quality cruise.

The key to really enjoying your first cruise is to do as much research as you can, and then choose the cruise line that is the BEST FIT for your preferences. Most people (as opposed to Nurse Debra) contribute to cruise message boards to provide helpful information that will help you to make the best choice.

I wish you fair winds and smooth seas on whatever cruise you select.
Old July 29th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Thanks WaterLily777

Dear, you hit the nail on the head. As a former mod, I seldom visit this board anymore for this very reason - quite sad I think. Unfortunately logical reason, legitimate complaints or the like will not get you (or anyone) anywhere. The moderators welcome her here (as they do everyone though), even though she causes strife and bad feelings for many...trolling in a Celebrity board, when she's only taken ONE =X= cruise, back in 2006. . It's really funny, actually. Kind of like an old ghost who won't give up their haunt.

But wait! This is a "public board"! So we must allow others to express their own experience. So mine is that Celebrity rocks. I have never had a bad experience yet. Oh wait, I did once. Last year cruising the Panama. My DP and I didn't get our table for 2, for two nights we ate "comped" at the specialty restaurant. After the first night, Guest Relations AND the Dining Room Manager sent us a bottle of wine, half dozen chocolate dipped strawberries and flowers to apologize (not to mention 2 nights comped at the specialty restaurant). THAT is customer service.

NurseDebra created such havoc on the other cruise board...they don't want her back...she knows what I'm referring to. How nice for her to bring the constant barrage of negativity to CruiseMates. She hasn't stopped since she's been given carte blanche to air her comtempt, sometimes on a daily basis. That's OK, I along with others have written to Celebrity's CEO regarding this. Maybe it won't do any good, but I'm glad for them to be aware of it...but complaining here, will resolve nothing. Kind of like NPR for the cruise boards, .

I've sailed on Cunard, Princess, Celebrity, Carnival and RCL and IMHO Celebrity surpassed them all. We have had wonderful experiences on all of the M-Class ships (including the Summit!). What sets =X= apart is their stellar guest relations. Working in the hospitality industry, one learns to appreciate the extra level of service...polished brass and wood are nice, but a warm smile and heart felt greeting, along with endless handsanitzers are the ticket for us!

Yes, an old, tired story...from 2006 which any regular member here has read over and over again. We're just told to "ignore" her. :eek: If I could recount our Princess and Carnival disasters, it would just be a rehashing of old news, and why go there?

Thanks for your breath of fresh air. I hope everyone enjoys their upcoming cruises, and steers clear of negativity and complainers! Too much of that in life.
Old July 29th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermen View Post
Dear, you hit the nail on the head. As a former mod, I seldom visit this board anymore for this very reason - quite sad I think. Unfortunately logical reason, legitimate complaints or the like will not get you (or anyone) anywhere. The moderators welcome her here (as they do everyone though), even though she causes strife and bad feelings for many...trolling in a Celebrity board, when she's only taken ONE =X= cruise, back in 2006. . It's really funny, actually. Kind of like an old ghost who won't give up their haunt.

But wait! This is a "public board"! So we must allow others to express their own experience. So mine is that Celebrity rocks. I have never had a bad experience yet. Oh wait, I did once. Last year cruising the Panama. My DP and I didn't get our table for 2, for two nights we ate "comped" at the specialty restaurant. After the first night, Guest Relations AND the Dining Room Manager sent us a bottle of wine, half dozen chocolate dipped strawberries and flowers to apologize (not to mention 2 nights comped at the specialty restaurant). THAT is customer service.

NurseDebra created such havoc on the other cruise board...they don't want her back...she knows what I'm referring to. How nice for her to bring the constant barrage of negativity to CruiseMates. She hasn't stopped since she's been given carte blanche to air her comtempt, sometimes on a daily basis. That's OK, I along with others have written to Celebrity's CEO regarding this. Maybe it won't do any good, but I'm glad for them to be aware of it...but complaining here, will resolve nothing. Kind of like NPR for the cruise boards, .

I've sailed on Cunard, Princess, Celebrity, Carnival and RCL and IMHO Celebrity surpassed them all. We have had wonderful experiences on all of the M-Class ships (including the Summit!). What sets =X= apart is their stellar guest relations. Working in the hospitality industry, one learns to appreciate the extra level of service...polished brass and wood are nice, but a warm smile and heart felt greeting, along with endless handsanitzers are the ticket for us!

Yes, an old, tired story...from 2006 which any regular member here has read over and over again. We're just told to "ignore" her. :eek: If I could recount our Princess and Carnival disasters, it would just be a rehashing of old news, and why go there?

Thanks for your breath of fresh air. I hope everyone enjoys their upcoming cruises, and steers clear of negativity and complainers! Too much of that in life.
Well said...
Old July 29th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Admiral

Wink Being positive

If Nurse Debra could say one or two positive comments about her Celebrity cruise it would help.. and if I thought about it.. .i might find one positive thing to say about our Pacific Princess cruise which except for the ports was a below average cruising experience to put it mildly..
Old July 31st, 2010, 08:11 PM
Captain

I see we have some new Celebrity attack dogs.

What happened on my cruise and more than twenty other cruises was a case of a cruise line that made a bottom line decision to sail ships that were not always mechanically sound. It is as simple as that folks, like or hate it!!! I realize that any cruise line can have a problem on any given cruise, but I do expect honesty and fairness from any company that I will trust with my vacation dollars. Because of this problem the passengers on my cruise and many others did not receive either.

I have never said anything against the crew, food or the service on my Celebrity cruise, with the notable exception of the cruise director. As I have said before, the Celebrity showroom was one of the best I have ever seen. I also was a great fan of the sandwich bar that was aft on the Summit.

My main complaint is with the corporate people at Celebrity and what in my opinion shows a low regard for their passengers and customers. One more concrete example that I can offer is that just a few months after the Celebrity Summit having another propulsion problem, the Celebrity Infinity had the same exact problem starting with the November 19, 2006 cruise. This time Celebrity knowing that a dry dock was already scheduled on May 20 in 2007 decided just to sail on for all those months and at reduced speeds for all those many months and many cruises. This of course resulted in missed ports, shortened port times and late arrivals.

Now for some on this board this is just a rather inspired business decision and a way to enhance the bottom line, but I would challenge the impact of that kind of a decision on the tens of thousands of unsuspecting passengers who were on any of those many cruises that followed the initial cruise when the problem first began.

Is that a game changer for those thinking of booking Celebrity? For heavens sake no, but it is valid information of how sometimes Celebrity can and does handle problems.

As a simple hint to those who for their own reasons don't like to see all facts discussed then perhaps the dark side (CC) is best for them, where they will find any threads discussing any problems on Celebrity closed in short order. Thanks to a great band of moderators, cruisemates remains a true open forum for ALL opinions.

Debra

Winston Churchill

Old July 31st, 2010, 09:05 PM
Beginner

Quote:
I`m sorry, but that is just plain churlish. I am not interested in getting involved in this kind of diatribe.

I posted my position for the benefit of new cruisers so that they wouldn`t be misled by your particular brand of misinformation. I understand that you had an unhappy experience, but I am saddened that you have not been able to move on.

I will decline to respond to this kind of post in future.
Old July 31st, 2010, 09:41 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlily777 View Post
You simply can't rely on anything she has to say with respect to Celebrity. Her statements such as "tens of thousands of passengers..." are just ridiculous. She would have you believe that there are ongoing problems with Celebrity ships that have existed for ten years. NOT TRUE. This is just complete nonsense from the bitterest poster I have ever encountered on any cruise board.

Most people (as opposed to Nurse Debra) contribute to cruise message boards to provide helpful information...
My apologies, if I misinterpreted your comments directed at me. There for a second I thought you were making a personal attack, which unlike some other cruise sites, is not condoned here on cruisemates. .

Also more than twenty of these cruises times 1,950 passengers DOES amount to tens of thousands. To make it worse this figure does not include the times when these ships sailed on for many months with this problem. At least get your facts straight before making such comments about anyone. To be more precise this problem with Celebrity Mclass ships first started in 2001 and has gone on for far too long.

May all your cruise be dependable and trouble free.

Debra

Winston Churchill

Old August 1st, 2010, 04:07 AM
Admiral

Quote:

Debra
Debra are calling yoursef an old dog?????

Ater all you have been attacking Celebrity for many years.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Old September 14th, 2010, 05:16 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Send a message via MSN to HNLGAL Send a message via Yahoo to HNLGAL
Default Carnival

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutiecat View Post
i cruised on the Celebrity Equinox in May, and she was fabulous. the food, the service, the ship~everything was fantastic. Carnival is my hands down favorite line but Celebrity comes in a close second. this was my first Celebrity cruise and we will definitely be back for more!
I was pleasantly surprised to find I enjoyed Carnival and their beautiful Legend, BUT I will most likely never sail again with them as the suite's bed was the worst bed I have ever, in my entire life, had to sleep on. AND they offered to sell it to me! You couldn't have paid me enough money to take it. I even slept on the sofa a few nights as I was so uncomfortable. I have not heard anyone else say anything else about their beds so wonder if it was just mine but you could bounce coins off it! I did!
I would be interested to hear from other Carnival cruisers about this as I swear it has put me off what was otherwise a very pleasant cruise!
Thank you.
Old September 14th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Admiral

As I stated a couple of months ago, Celebrity is pretty well our line of choice now. We will be on Azamara in November and back to Celebrity in December.

However, I must say as much as I want to disagree with her, NurseDebra is quite correct about the propulsion problems the M class have had. We love the Infinity and the Millie but both times they had the same problems. In January 2009 we did Australia on the Millie and one night at dinner the propulsion system boomed so loud it actually shut up everyone in the dining room for a few seconds. She slowed down after that. Because it was near the end of our cruise we did not miss any ports. However there were cruises that were cancelled in Australia after ours because of the propulsion problems that had been ongoing since the ships first came out.

The same thing has happened on Alaskan cruises on the Infinity.

I do agree that NurseDebra has to get over her bitterness with Celebrity. Six years of complaining is only going to get you an ulcer.

We won't stop sailing Celebrity but we are also realistic. Cruiselines do have problems from time to time and in a effort to not have to reimburse passengers they will sail with problems. But that is ALL cruiselines.

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old September 14th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Familiar Face

Location: Southern IN in the middle of a farmer's former cornfield

We've never met a cruise ship we didn't like. Of course some better than other. We've sailed on Carnival, HAL, RCI, Princess, and NCL. There is good and better on all the lines. Maybe we are too laid back and don't let the small stuff ruin our cruise vacation.
We go to have a good time and enjoy each others company--and we do!

Fast dancing is the second best form of exercise,
slow dancing leads to the first!
Old September 19th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix_the_cat View Post

However, I must say as much as I want to disagree with her, NurseDebra is quite correct about the propulsion problems the M class have had. We love the Infinity and the Millie but both times they had the same problems. In January 2009 we did Australia on the Millie and one night at dinner the propulsion system boomed so loud it actually shut up everyone in the dining room for a few seconds. She slowed down after that. Because it was near the end of our cruise we did not miss any ports. However there were cruises that were cancelled in Australia after ours because of the propulsion problems that had been ongoing since the ships first came out.

The same thing has happened on Alaskan cruises on the Infinity.

I do agree that NurseDebra has to get over her bitterness with Celebrity. Six years of complaining is only going to get you an ulcer.

We won't stop sailing Celebrity but we are also realistic. Cruiselines do have problems from time to time and in a effort to not have to reimburse passengers they will sail with problems. But that is ALL cruiselines.
Thanks felix_the_cat for you comments. There are very vocal few on this board who like to pretend that I was on the only cruise that was affected by this long standing problem with the Celebrity Millennium, Infinity and Summit cruise ships.

The fact is that Celebrity did sell me a cruise ticket on a ship that was advertised as a premium ship, that most would say was a lemon. This is proven by the long history of these same repeated failures on the Millennium, Infinity and Summit.

As I have said before all cruise ships can have problems from time to time, but no other cruise line, excluding Celebrity has sailed ships that they admitted in court in their suits against the manufacturers, were fraudulently market to Celebrity. For the most part the crew on my last cruise on Celebrity was very understanding of the situation with this ship, but my problem is that the corporate folks at Celebrity had no problem passing on this problem to tens of thousands of unsuspecting passengers. Now for some this well may be just a clever business decision to increase the bottom line for Celebrity, but for me it speaks volumes about the company itself.

For those who like Celebrity and are willing to take the additional risk on one of these ships that is fine, but for me, after my experience and that of so many other tens of thousands of passengers on these three Celebrity cruise ships, I put the integrity of the company that I am dealing with at the top of my list of priorities in choosing a cruise line that I would do business with.

My whole point is that in all my many years, I have never seen a company that marketed a product that had a specific mechanical problem that they knew would fail, from time to time, and did not at least notify passengers, before they booked, of what could happen on one of these ships.

Debra

Winston Churchill

Old September 19th, 2010, 10:38 PM
Admiral

One needs to get over propulsion problems!

Some years ago I was doing a Pacific crossing, but due to engine problems we had to make a stop in Okinawa for repairs. We arrived at our destination three days late. We got over it and no one complained. We got a late start but the war was still there waiting for us.

I don't hold a grudge against the ship owners. I still respect the US Navy.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Old September 20th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Admiral

Quote:
The fact is that Celebrity did sell me a cruise ticket on a ship that was advertised as a premium ship, that most would say was a lemon. This is proven by the long history of these same repeated failures on the Millennium, Infinity and Summit.

Debra
"Most would say is a lemon", if you check the multitude of reviews on all the Millenium class ships that is an incorrect statement. Hundreds of thousands of cruisers have very happily been on these ships and been extremely pleased and the fact that Celebrity is spending 1.5 billion on the ships proves even further that you have an extreme minority point of view. Please, please, stop it, you were thrown off one board, why do you wish to wreck this board for us....And please don't give me the line that you are informing people, you have gone way beyond that and many of us know your history....
Old September 20th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Admiral

Talking A continuing joke

It is getting to be soooo tiresome that the minute somebody mentions Celebrity this consistent negativity on the part of this particular poster rises up..GET OVER IT!!! Worry about the environment, worry about the education of our children/grandchildren, worry about our soldiers still in the Middle East.. but for heavens sake.. GET OVER your one experience on Celebrity..and stop trying to "educate" cruisers....gezz Don't you have anything else to complain about but your " propulsion problem"!!
Old September 20th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Admiral

Red face My Horrible Experience NOT Shared

On another board I correspond with and exchange tips with several people and one man, at least I think he is a man, is going on the Pacific Princess in he Med...from Rome a few days after we leave, we will miss each other. We have written back and forth on this board for for at least ten years exchanging ideas and hints.. Do you know..I would NEVER, EVER tell him of my bad experience on the grimy Pacific Princess..it would never occur to me.. I may have mentioned it after our experience, but to continue to do so would be in bad taste, don't you think?
Old September 20th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Familiar Face

Celebrity Cruises lines is our cruise line of choice. Our favorite Celebrity Cruise ships are The Solstice, The Constellation and our first Celebrity Cruise ship the elegant Celebrity Century.
Old September 20th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Admiral

Thumbs down

I have enjoyed eight cruises on Celebrity and have another one booked.

Never had any propulsion probems on Celebrity.

If someone wants to WHINE about their problems so be it, but a least give us ( Celebrity lovers) a little respect and don't try to brainwash with the same BS over and over and over again.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Old September 20th, 2010, 06:14 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to richsea

Quote:
There are very vocal few on this board who like to pretend that I was on the only cruise that was affected by this long standing problem with the Celebrity Millennium, Infinity and Summit cruise ships.
Debra
No, you were not on the only one that was affected by the propulsion problems, but you ARE the only one that has harped on it over and over and over ad nuaseum for over four years!
Old September 20th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Admiral

Quote:
No, you were not on the only one that was affected by the propulsion problems, but you ARE the only one that has harped on it over and over and over ad nuaseum for over four years!
Right on Rich!.

Besides only a child would cry if things did not go exactly as he or she would like.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Old September 20th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Exscuse me, Debra, but when have you last been on a Celebrity ship? I would guess that it has been at least since May, 2006, over 4 years ago; & that was on an M class ship. When were you last on on "older" Celebrity ship; ie; the C class.
Your Celebrity experiences are ancient history. Please stop innocently trying to inform your fellow cruisers about anything regarding Celebrity or their ships. After all tihs time, it is appparant that you have an axe to grind with Celebrity, & all but the newbys are aware of it
(Sorry Paul, I tired, but she is just too full of it to ignore.)
I too have tried but the BS is too much to take. Why would someone have such an agenda full of hate

I apologize to Paul as well.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Old September 20th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Captain

I can appreciate the motivation of the group of those who don't want any new readers to know about this problem. I guess I would wonder what would motivate people to be so eager to keep such information from new readers, but that is another story. But in the end it is not "BS" as one poster so "charmingly" chose to put it, but rather a case of a cruise line sailing ships that they knew were defective and not informing prospective passengers of this fact.

I have yet to read a single post from any of the Celebrity Champions who thought there were any problems with fairness, honesty or integrity with a company like Celebrity quietly passing on a known defect (known to Celebrity) of the Millennium, Infinity or Summit, to unsuspecting consumers.

It kind of sounds like politics, when you don't have any good argument against a fact or something that your favorite company has done that was wrong, just make ridicules statements and try to attack the messenger.

For those who love Celebrity or own stock in the parent company, that is great and they should keep right on sailing with that company. For those who are here for information check it out for yourself by doing a search on "Mermaid Pods" and you will see the unvarnished truth about the long, long history of this problem. Only then can you make an informed decision about whether or not this problem is important to you.

Debra

Winston Churchill

Last edited by Nurse Debra; September 20th, 2010 at 09:18 PM.