Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 24th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Admiral

Cool Client Satisfaction

Most of you have already seen t his.. but I want to post this apart. No line is perfect, but when you have so many cruisers say... Celebrity is our cruise line of choice... I guess we are not alone

Press Room Details
Sponsored Links
Old June 24th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Well, that says travel agents like it best.. in the category.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 24th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Admiral

If a client of a travel agent is happy.. then the travel agent must be happy.. In all honesty Kuki.. I haven't found a travel agent yet that I can feel completely comfortable with..knowing I do the ground work.. and they get the commission..and although except for our last cruise I've used the same travel agent for several years and I swear...her cruise on the Epic this week is her FIRST cruise out of the USA.. After this cruise I'm going to interview agents to see if they have been where I want to go. It's pretty sad when the client has to tell the travel agent about the ports. IMO I think most are just sales people...selling cruises.. If you talk to the "sales" people on the cruise line phones they have never been on a cruise..
Old June 24th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

You're making the arguement against travel agents announcing awards to cruise lines for me

I noted this particular award is for a magazine catering to agents in the West only, and also commending Celebrity for their travel agent support.

Sadly, I'd bet less than 25% of travel agents call their customers after their cruise to even ask if they are satisfied or not. They assume if the customer doesn't call to complain, then they're satisfied..... and that's why I wouldn't give much weight to travel agent awards to cruise lines.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 24th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Admiral

Default Now that y ou mention it

Yes, now that you mention it I call my travel agent with a brief report on my cruise when I get back..lol
Old June 24th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Admiral

Parrot Mom, you are not alone. We too are big fans of Celebrity.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old June 25th, 2010, 01:39 PM
First Mate

Default Celebrity

I am a new Celebrity fan and while my cruising experience is still limited I have never had a call from a TA to ask how it went....even the one that lives 3 doors down...

Tulum Mexico Resort Reviews

Splendour of the Seas 97
Veendam 05
Westerdam 06
Serenade of the Seas 07
Liberty of the Seas 07
Jewel of the Seas 08
Westerdam 09
Volendam 09
Solstice 10
Solstice 10
Caribbean Princess 11
Nieuw Amsterdam 11
Oasis of the Seas 12
Queen Elizabeth 12
Eurodam 13
Carnival Valor 13
Carnival Fantasy 14
Constellation 14
Old June 25th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Travel agents should be going....note to self, make sure I call my client after a cruise.......just good customer service...

Years ago, I called my ta [on the west coast] to cancel my cruise, because..the agent I was dealing with left, and I was not getting what I needed...You would have though that an agency, who just lost a a good customer,[I had booked a few cruises] would call to find out why I was unhappy with their service.....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 25th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Admiral

Default Travel agency - group recommendation

Just received a call from a slight acquaintance asking about a tour of Italy..she has never traveled Europe.. After sending her to several tour groups she complained how expensive it was, etc. etc.. and was asking my advice. She asked if I had heard about a local travel company which I did and she had used before.. I told her to see them.. she needs somebody to hold her hand and take her through.. and the only advice I gave her she said they all use that airline.. lol. Okay, lady.. don't say I didn't warn you..lol
Old June 26th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Familiar Face

Read your review which was excellent. we have enjoyed an ultimate Caribbean cruise at Easter on board the equinox.Best we have had, we were joined by a couple who had never cruised before there were no problems it was above our expectations, we would book again with celebrity. Service definitely 5 star and we travel to the states every cruise from England.
Old June 26th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Admiral

Default Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownie77 View Post
Read your review which was excellent. we have enjoyed an ultimate Caribbean cruise at Easter on board the equinox.Best we have had, we were joined by a couple who had never cruised before there were no problems it was above our expectations, we would book again with celebrity. Service definitely 5 star and we travel to the states every cruise from England.
THANK YOU!! No matter how much I prefer a certain line there are thing I must be c ompletely honest about...maybe after 25 years plus of cruising I've discovered certain things are important to me..Decor isn't always one, but on th is ship it was a major factor...food is.. and maybe I'm spoiled by other dining adventures.. Will be interested to compare the Equinox to the Soltice.. I know each ship is different in staff and attitude, but perhaps I should lower my standards since the cruising industry has in this category lowered theirs..lol
Old June 26th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I am very happy with my travel agent but in all my cruises she has never called to ask about the cruise. Does that bother me? No. She knows cruising and has cruised as much or more than I have and isn't a cruise novice.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 26th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki View Post
You're making the arguement against travel agents announcing awards to cruise lines for me

I noted this particular award is for a magazine catering to agents in the West only, and also commending Celebrity for their travel agent support.

Sadly, I'd bet less than 25% of travel agents call their customers after their cruise to even ask if they are satisfied or not. They assume if the customer doesn't call to complain, then they're satisfied..... and that's why I wouldn't give much weight to travel agent awards to cruise lines.
Kuki,

I could not agree with you more in what you said. These so-called awards offered by cruise groups are completely meaningless. My personal experience has been that most Travel Agents know very little about the cruise lines that they like to promote to customers, outside of attending cruise line sponsored events.

In talking to the cruise director of one of the largest Travel Agents in my area, this person with over 25 years experience in the cruise industry had no idea of the recurring problems on some of three of the Celebrity Mclass ships. She was shocked when I told her about the many problems over the years.

While I guess these promotional advertisements make stockholders and a few others feel a happy tingle, they certainly have very little meaning to most cruisers. At the end of the day, it is all about how these cruise lines perform, their honesty with Travel Agents and prospective passengers and if they handle any problems openly and in a fair manner.

Debra

Winston Churchill

email: debra2106@yahoo.com
Old June 26th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Travel agents should be going....note to self, make sure I call my client after a cruise.......just good customer service...

Years ago, I called my ta [on the west coast] to cancel my cruise, because..the agent I was dealing with left, and I was not getting what I needed...You would have though that an agency, who just lost a a good customer,[I had booked a few cruises] would call to find out why I was unhappy with their service.....
I have been using a TA for my cruises for the past couple of years. She never calls me after a cruise to see how it went and we don't get any perks for repeat clients. I worked in a service industry and it was our policy to always check to make sure our clients were happy with our service. Recently, I even had a doctor who actually called me in the evening after an office surgical procedure to see how I was doing. When did you have that happen last? I think it would be in a TA's best interest to call/email their clients after a trip to get feedback on the cruise, etc. I am now so disillusioned with this particular TA that I probably won't use her again.
Old June 26th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Admiral

Default Client Satisfaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper's Mom View Post
I have been using a TA for my cruises for the past couple of years. She never calls me after a cruise to see how it went and we don't get any perks for repeat clients. I worked in a service industry and it was our policy to always check to make sure our clients were happy with our service. Recently, I even had a doctor who actually called me in the evening after an office surgical procedure to see how I was doing. When did you have that happen last? I think it would be in a TA's best interest to call/email their clients after a trip to get feedback on the cruise, etc. I am now so disillusioned with this particular TA that I probably won't use her again.
Skipper's Mom..I have received personal calls from a surgeon (twice within the last three months) and the hospital staff the day of "day surgery" and from the hospital the next day many times. To put it in simplier terms..if you weren't happy with service..would you return to the same company...I did get rid of an agent who after ten years that "she couldn't do anymore for us and we have to help ourselves".. I swear to you we did...and it was directly with NCL and received satisfaction..we no longer use that woman. As far as I am concerned as a cruiser I feel it is partially my responsibility to be knowledgable about what I think I want and what I want..by reading boards and going through the good and bad. This upcoming trip I told the t/a what I wanted for airlines and made her do the work...she did..
Old June 26th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Parrot Mom:

I do a lot of homework before I book a cruise and then call the TA to make the final "arrangements". In spite of this, I feel that this particular agent just doesn't care if we have a satisfactory experience or not. So, when I do book my next cruise, I'll either do it myself with the line or find someone who is really interested in keeping a customer.

I've been cruising since 1987 and am not a novice, but these new "agents" don't seem to have the common courtesy that should be expected.

Thanks for your input.

Skipper's Mom
Old July 13th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Admiral

My travel agent allways call me afer each cruise. And she also asks me call her any time I have some information regarding travel. And I have told each time I have cruises about our experiences.
By the way our Celebrity cruises were all outstanding.

Nurse D. I don't believe that there is anyone out there who is as well versed with the pods as you are. Some of us just have not noticed such priblems.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Old July 13th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I would trust the surveys a lot more if the same cruise lines did not win the same contests year after year - but the same lines never win different contests.

I would tend to trust this one more, I have met Ken Shapiro and it is only the second time Celebrity has won.
Old July 13th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Admiral

We book our cruises through a TA because in the UK they are usually around 10% cheaper....that's it...no advice or planning really required.
Old July 15th, 2010, 06:17 AM
Passenger

Default Client Satisfaction

Celebrity cruises are best of the best cruises. Most of the cruise lovers preferred only celebrity, and it's also suitable for lower class people, not much price. My fav cruise.
Old July 18th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Admiral

Mikemorgan, who exactly are the lower class people ?

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Old July 18th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Manuel ...

Give him a break - he's from Britain. He meant to say "the little people."

Just kidding, I think he meant to say its good for people who generally go on less expensive ships, because it does not cost that much.
Old July 26th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

It's always interesting to read other people's opinion of surveys and feedback, when they don't necessarily agree with the original survey.

Ahhhh....isn't it fun?
Old July 27th, 2010, 11:57 PM
Familiar Face

By lower class people .... u mean.....????? Explain please...
Old July 28th, 2010, 12:01 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
Manuel ...

Give him a break - he's from Britain. He meant to say "the little people."

Just kidding, I think he meant to say its good for people who generally go on less expensive ships, because it does not cost that much.

Perhaps you're right on this one.... it just didn't sound right.....