Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 3rd, 2010, 12:08 AM
Beginner

Default Constellation's June 9th Baltic sailing

June 2010 - Norovirus outbreak on the Celebrity Constellation
My wife and I were on the Constellation's June 9th Baltic sailing. We were late embarking in Amsterdam because the crew were trying to do a quick clean up after a norovirus outbreak on May Baltic sailing. This was a mistake because we had another outbreak on our cruise in which many were sick. My wife and I were sick for half of the 12 night cruise. I was also not at all impressed with the entertainment and food. It had to be the worst in all of the 16 cruises we have been on. The ship is grand after the refit and the service was great. but that is all I can say that is good about Celebrity. It was not a happy ship compared to our other cruises, no bridge playing, no happy hour, a big beautiful cinema used more as a meeting room. PPV movies on the new flat screen TV's were $12.00 and unwatchable due to very poor picture quality. Too many extra charges for too many functions. I had great expectations for this cruise on this premium cruise line. But was very disappointed. When we returned home, Celebrity is very unwilling to offer proper compensation. All they are offering is 48 hrs toward a future cruise which is a standard form letter.

***Thread title changed by moderator
Sponsored Links
Old July 3rd, 2010, 05:41 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to richsea

There have been many posts regarding that sailing on Cruise Critic. There also was a daily report from a cruiser who was on the ship.
Noro can happen on any ship, & does.
If you have been on 16 cruises, then you should realize this. Of course if you were sick for half of the cruise it would not be among your favorites.
I'm sorry that you got sick & you, but you can get sick on any cruise line.
If you went to a hotel & got sick, would you expect comensation? Get real; sh*t happens in life. Deal with it.
Old July 3rd, 2010, 08:30 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman1940 View Post
June 2010 - Norovirus outbreak on the Celebrity Constellation
My wife and I were on the Constellation's June 9th Baltic sailing. We were late embarking in Amsterdam because the crew were trying to do a quick clean up after a norovirus outbreak on May Baltic sailing. This was a mistake because we had another outbreak on our cruise in which many were sick. My wife and I were sick for half of the 12 night cruise. I was also not at all impressed with the entertainment and food. It had to be the worst in all of the 16 cruises we have been on. The ship is grand after the refit and the service was great. but that is all I can say that is good about Celebrity. It was not a happy ship compared to our other cruises, no bridge playing, no happy hour, a big beautiful cinema used more as a meeting room. PPV movies on the new flat screen TV's were $12.00 and unwatchable due to very poor picture quality. Too many extra charges for too many functions. I had great expectations for this cruise on this premium cruise line. But was very disappointed. When we returned home, Celebrity is very unwilling to offer proper compensation. All they are offering is 48 hrs toward a future cruise which is a standard form letter.
You posted it at least 6 times on cruise critic and there is much discussion on that board. The posts are all still there....
Old July 3rd, 2010, 09:50 AM
Admiral

Changing the title on this thread was not fair to Rich and I who wrote replies. The change makes our posts irrelevent, if you are going to change the title than remove our posts also....

Another possible solution is to change the title to something referring to the other board...