Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 8th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Beginner

Default Eclipse Dining

We are booked on the Eclipse Dec 4th and are on a wait list for the first seating for dinner. We have taken the other option in the meantime to dine at the Open Seating times. I was charged the gratuities ahead of time automatically and they are about $100 USD each so $200 USD for the two of us. I see the recommended tips on here should be about $77 USD (x 2 = $154 USD) for all the tips. I have emailed Celebrity but in a week have not received an answer to the question as to why the higher amount. Does anyone have an update of what the tips should be on Celebrity? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old August 19th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMMBug View Post
We are booked on the Eclipse Dec 4th and are on a wait list for the first seating for dinner. We have taken the other option in the meantime to dine at the Open Seating times. I was charged the gratuities ahead of time automatically and they are about $100 USD each so $200 USD for the two of us. I see the recommended tips on here should be about $77 USD (x 2 = $154 USD) for all the tips. I have emailed Celebrity but in a week have not received an answer to the question as to why the higher amount. Does anyone have an update of what the tips should be on Celebrity? Thanks
i booked a cruise on the eclipse yesterday, the 18th and i choose the same program as you. my travel agency who i have used several times and i like charged us $84. each. i understand that this is the rate for conceirge class stateroom. does this help?
Old August 19th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMMBug View Post
Heres the tipping schedule. I have read there are problems with the exchange rate but I am far from an expert on that...Prepaid are the same as the below tips...

Gratuities
For your convenience, we will automatically add gratuities for your restaurant and stateroom services to your onboard Seapass account on a daily basis in the following amounts, which may be adjusted at your discretion: $11.50 per person per day for guests in staterooms ($12.00 per person per day for guests in Concierge Class and AquaClass staterooms and $15.00 per person per day for guests in Suites). These service gratuities are based on the following recommended amounts:

Restaurant Service*Per Person Per DayWaiter$3.65Assistant Waiter$2.10Dining Room Management$1.00Stateroom Service*Per Person Per DayButler (Suites Only)$3.50Stateroom Service $3.50 ($4.00 for Concierge Class and AquaClass staterooms)Alternative Service*Other Service Personnel$1.25
Beverage Service personnel are acknowledged with a 15% service charge which will be automatically added to the bill.