CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   Ships water or bottled water? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/375426-ships-water-bottled-water.html)

watchurdiet July 23rd, 2010 12:22 AM

Ships water or bottled water?

This will be our first time cruising on Celebrity Equinox and was wondering about the water on the ship....Normally we cruise with Princess, but wanted to try Celebrity as we've heard so many nice things about it...well...on Princess, we drink the ships water...have an iced cold pitcher sent to our cabin every night...was wondering if we can do the same thing on Celebrity....or should we buy the bottled water? :confused:

Manuel July 23rd, 2010 02:37 AM

The water will be fine, as it is on any other ship. We love Celebrity and that you will also.

TM

Pootersdad July 23rd, 2010 06:56 AM

Water on Celebrity

Yes, you can get a pitcher of water delivered to your cabin every night. You can get room service 24/7. You will love Celebrity.:D

johnthed0g July 23rd, 2010 10:38 AM

We use the tap....

Mike M July 23rd, 2010 10:59 AM

Equinox is a newer ship and the water will probably be just fine.

I used to answer these types of questions by saying: "The ship's water is as good or better than any bottled water or public water supply. Don't bother with bottled water."

While this statement is usually true I have found instances of ships that have an off taste and/or discoloration to their water. The Carnival Pride, HAL Statendam, Radiance of the Seas and Celebrity Century have all had off tasting and/or brown water that made me not want to drink it. The water was perfectly safe but not nice to drink.

The problems occur when the plumbing becomes older and sediment builds up in pipes. The water in the desalination tanks is just fine but it picks up "stuff" on the way to your faucet.

So: If you are fussy about water and sailing on a ship older than four or five years then you may want to use bottled water.

Take care,
Mike

suse July 23rd, 2010 11:20 AM

He's right. Just wait till you get on the ship. Bottled water can be expensive and I prefer to spend my dollars on other beverages..............;)

watchurdiet July 24th, 2010 12:13 AM

Thank u all for ur responses.... Since you're all in agreement, I won't be afraid to drink the ships water....

Nurse Debra July 31st, 2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watchurdiet (Post 1304948)
This will be our first time cruising on Celebrity Equinox and was wondering about the water on the ship....Normally we cruise with Princess, but wanted to try Celebrity as we've heard so many nice things about it...well...on Princess, we drink the ships water...have an iced cold pitcher sent to our cabin every night...was wondering if we can do the same thing on Celebrity....or should we buy the bottled water? :confused:

I agree that the water should be just fine like any other cruise line. That said, I do drink bottled water but it is more of a habit than anything else.

Enjoy your cruise, from what I have heard the Equinox is a brand new and beautiful ship. Please give us a report on how the Princess and Celebrity ships compare in the way of food, service and entertainment.

Debra

Cruise-N-Arky August 3rd, 2010 03:36 PM

I found having bottled water is very convenient, especially if you have kids along for the ride, and if you have medication to take on a regular bases. You don't won't to have to wait for the pitcher to be delivered in the morning, and you don't won't the water that has been sitting all night.

Skipper's Mom August 3rd, 2010 09:08 PM

The only reason I would have bottled water is if I had a dietary problem. Perhaps children should drink bottled water but I would think that we adults would have stronger systems that would not require bottled water.

watchurdiet August 4th, 2010 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nurse Debra (Post 1306643)
I agree that the water should be just fine like any other cruise line. That said, I do drink bottled water but it is more of a habit than anything else.

Enjoy your cruise, from what I have heard the Equinox is a brand new and beautiful ship. Please give us a report on how the Princess and Celebrity ships compare in the way of food, service and entertainment.

Debra

I will do that....I've heard so many lovely things about Celebrity....if it's all true, both Princess and Celebrity will be my ships to cruise on.... ;-)

watchurdiet August 4th, 2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skipper's Mom (Post 1307351)
The only reason I would have bottled water is if I had a dietary problem. Perhaps children should drink bottled water but I would think that we adults would have stronger systems that would not require bottled water.

I agree....

watchurdiet August 4th, 2010 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suse (Post 1305005)
He's right. Just wait till you get on the ship. Bottled water can be expensive and I prefer to spend my dollars on other beverages..............;)

LOL... me 2.....:)

watchurdiet August 4th, 2010 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruise-N-Arky (Post 1307271)
I found having bottled water is very convenient, especially if you have kids along for the ride, and if you have medication to take on a regular bases. You don't won't to have to wait for the pitcher to be delivered in the morning, and you don't won't the water that has been sitting all night.

:-D .... I only want it when I go to my cabin at night.... never mind the morning...

kmm44 August 10th, 2010 04:19 PM

In have sailed 6 times on X, and 4 times on RCCL. On all the ships the water is replaced in the morning and evening. The tap water is safe to drink, but not very cold. I use the water in the pitcher because I hate drinking tepid water. At bedtime I fill my glass with ice and let it melt while I sleep, so that when I get up in the middle of the night I have cold water handy.
At other times I use the cold water in the pitcher to brush my teeth, take meds, rehydrate and sometimes fill a water bottle to take on an excursion. That's really the only time you will need bottled water.
I'm sure you will have a great Celebrity cruise! :D

1/02 Explorer E. Carib. 1/03 Explorer W. Carib. 8/03 Summit Alaska
2/04 Adventure S. Carib. 2/05 Galaxy Panama Canal
6/06 Jewel Brit. Isles/Nor. Fjords 1/07 Mercury Mex. Riv.
1/08 Mercury Aust/NZ 1/09 Galaxy S. Carib. 6/09 Summit Classsical Med.
1/11 Summit S. Carib.

johnthed0g August 10th, 2010 04:26 PM

All you need is a plastic water bottle that you refill........

kmm44 August 10th, 2010 04:54 PM

I refill my plastic bottle with water from the pitcher. Isn't that what I just said? ..."fill a water bottle to take on an excursion."
That way, if I forget to put it in the fridge overnight it still starts out cold.

johnthed0g August 10th, 2010 05:17 PM

Fill the bottle from the tap, no need to have pitchers delivered, where do you think the water in the pitcher comes from?