Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 10th, 2010, 02:51 AM
Familiar Face

Red face Equinox beds

Hi.....I'm wondering about the beds on the Equinox..... I would like my bed to face the bathroom.... the pictures I see r of those facing the balcony.... On a post I've read...someone said the cabins with sofa beds always have their regular bed facing the bathroom....does anyone on this board know if this is true or not? ..... I love sitting on the sofa by the balcony with a good book to read .... :-)
Sponsored Links
Old August 31st, 2010, 04:06 PM
Familiar Face

Our bed was next to the bathroom, our sofa was next to the balcony. If that is what you mean. I think it is the room. Ask the cruise line or your agent about the room. Our room number was 8247. Hope that helps.
Equinox 2010
Monarch of the Seas 2010
Voyager of the Seas 2005
Summit 2004
Old August 31st, 2010, 06:06 PM
Familiar Face

I'm just getting ur message...Thanks rhlaw for replying...I've been on the phone with my TA earlier today asking about my cabin and she told me all the beds r facing the balcony on vista deck....I requested that she get in touch with Equinox because that wasn't true... Then I saw ur reply and hurried and sent it to her via email since she has left for the day.... If 8247 is available, I told her I'd take it...crossing my fingers.... I'm so glad I saw u today... now, she'll either get that cabin for me or find another just like it..... U really made my day! ; ) ... u know something? It would actually be funny if my assigned cabin is just like cabin 8247 .... That's all I wanted to know...
Old August 31st, 2010, 06:37 PM
Familiar Face

I'm glad this can help. I had a busy August and just went on today.
I know some cabins are the opposite, with sofa next to bathroom, had one on a Royal Caribbean cruise. I always try to get a cabin in the middle of the ship and this one is in the middle, lengthwise and height. Enjoy your cruise, beautiful ship! And if you have the same cabin boy, he is great!
Equinox 2010
Monarch of the Seas 2010
Voyager of the Seas 2005
Summit 2004
Old September 1st, 2010, 06:54 PM
Familiar Face

Guess what, rhlaw? .... my original cabin has the bed near the bathroom!!!! so, now we know that cabin 8231 and 8247 are the same... I know which cabins to pick the next time.... My TA called and told me the good news this morning and I've requested anytime dinning as well...
Old April 30th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Wink Beds on Solstice class

The beds alternate. We were in Eclipse and our bed was near the balcony, but our friends next door (adjoining our cabin) had the bed near the bathroom. It is a geography issue I think. They vary where the head of your bed faces, toward the front or back of the ship. We were in Cabin 8232 on the Vista deck and our friends were in 8334. I thought I would hate having the bed by the balcony, but it gave us more "getting ready" room when we were rushing to get dressed for our early dinner. I spent more time reclining on the bed looking out at the sea, rather than on the slightly uncomfortable sofa. I think we used the sofa more as another closet than as a sofa.