CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   dress code (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/376130-dress-code.html)

newhdogbc August 15th, 2010 10:58 AM

dress code
 
This will be our first cruise on celebrity, please clarify for me the dress code. For an 11 day cruise (southern caribbean) are there only 2 nights that would be classified as formal and are they only in the specialty restaurants that you have to pay extra for? Also, are there ever any happy hour/2 for 1 specials?

dkjretired August 15th, 2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newhdogbc (Post 1309693)
This will be our first cruise on celebrity, please clarify for me the dress code. For an 11 day cruise (southern caribbean) are there only 2 nights that would be classified as formal and are they only in the specialty restaurants that you have to pay extra for? Also, are there ever any happy hour/2 for 1 specials?

You will have two formal nights, the other nine will be smart casual. You only pay extra in the Specialty restaurants, the Main Dining Room is included in the price of the cruise...They do have drink specials and 2 for 1 specials...

newhdogbc August 17th, 2010 09:58 AM

Are the 2 formal nights in the main dining room and is that where you HAVE to wear a suit? Is the dresscode in the specialty restaurants the same as the main dining or do you HAVE to wear a suit to those ones too?

johnthed0g August 17th, 2010 10:49 AM

Dress code is the same in all restaurants, apart from the Buffet but buffet offerings vary on Celebrity. With respect ..have you read the brochure/website or is it this that is confusing you?

dkjretired August 17th, 2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newhdogbc (Post 1310195)
Are the 2 formal nights in the main dining room and is that where you HAVE to wear a suit? Is the dresscode in the specialty restaurants the same as the main dining or do you HAVE to wear a suit to those ones too?

The dress code in the specialty restaurants used to be the same as in the MDR but lately it has been a little confusing based upon what returning cruisers are saying.. Also, Celebrity has totally different statements on their web site. Here are the links..

FAQ Answers

FAQ Answers

newhdogbc August 28th, 2010 11:15 AM

Does the Millinium offer a dinner buffet?

dkjretired August 30th, 2010 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newhdogbc (Post 1313281)
Does the Millinium offer a dinner buffet?

Just returned from Solstice yesterday, no buffet for dinner on any Celebrity ship. I believe I answered it in another thread.

AS far as dress code in Specialty restaurants, it is definitely smart casual every night including in Blu...Nothing to the contrary in the dailies...

johnthed0g August 30th, 2010 03:09 PM

This is what it says on Celebrity's website about speciality dining....

"Proper dining attire is required and per person cover charge applies."

dkjretired August 30th, 2010 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnthed0g (Post 1313754)
This is what it says on Celebrity's website about speciality dining....

"Proper dining attire is required and per person cover charge applies."

Problem is what is proper, I would suggest you check the links I provided in post #5 of this thread....They definitely are going by the one that says the dress code in specialty restaurants is smart casual every night....

johnthed0g August 30th, 2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkjretired (Post 1313763)
Problem is what is proper, I would suggest you check the links I provided in post #5 of this thread....They definitely are going by the one that says the dress code in specialty restaurants is smart casual every night....

How confusing!! two answers to the same question & to me both opposite, one saying dress is the same as the MDR/rest of ship the other saying "smart casual"...do you think they are trying to say "at least smart casual " in case people for some reason think you can wear what you like in there?

dkjretired August 30th, 2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnthed0g (Post 1313766)
How confusing!! two answers to the same question & to me both opposite, one saying dress is the same as the MDR/rest of ship the other saying "smart casual"...do you think they are trying to say "at least smart casual " in case people for some reason think you can wear what you like in there?

I was confused also as anyone would be but after going on the cruise and observing the Specialty restaurants and quite frankly the MDR, I am not confused anymore.

johnthed0g August 30th, 2010 06:17 PM

Apart from one or two (notable) exceptions dress codes seemed to be respected on our Eclipse cruise....but we only had one formal on a short cruise, we chose to dine in the MDR that night, the other nights we experienced the speciality venues.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1