CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   All inclusive drink package (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/376483-all-inclusive-drink-package.html)

newhdogbc August 27th, 2010 11:23 PM

All inclusive drink package
 
Is it possible to get two drinks at a time using the all inclusive drink package? Do you get service at the pool or is it self-serve?

big apple August 27th, 2010 11:34 PM

How can this be a deal unless you stay on ship for the entire cruise?

Mike M August 28th, 2010 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newhdogbc (Post 1313174)
Is it possible to get two drinks at a time using the all inclusive drink package? Do you get service at the pool or is it self-serve?

It is one drink at a time.

Take care,
Mike

robh August 28th, 2010 03:29 AM

Double or Single
 
You could still order a double shot in your glass and be charged or reduced double. ?? :confused:

I'd think the drinks package works the same way as you normally order

Mike M August 28th, 2010 09:33 AM

I'll go a little more in depth now that I have some more time.

The drink package is a per person package and only one drink can be ordered at a time. It is good for any bar venue on the ship including the pool area. There is no self-serv on the ship. All drinks are handled by the bar staff.

There are different packages that allow you to have different drinks. The top package allows you to order just about any drink or brand on the ship. Lower grade packages are limited to beer, well drinks or blended drinks.

Depending on how much you drink per cruise it can be a good deal.

The top shelf package is around $500 per cruise.

Take care,
Mike

Dave Beers August 28th, 2010 12:00 PM

You do need to pay attention to the drink package levels. A friend ordered a beer under the belief his package included it. Nope. He had to pay for beer separately. He also ordered a martini one night, which definitely was included, but it was at a bar where they used larger martini glasses so they charged him for the drink. It seems the package only included martinis served in the smaller glasses which weren't used at the martini bar.

I really don't see it as a good value. I also think Celebrity is deliberately vague in their package descriptions.

rhlaw August 31st, 2010 03:53 PM

Also the beer in the room was not included when my husband had the package in January. Only the beer he got at the bars.

Lombard September 5th, 2010 08:21 PM

I read up about these packages last week on their web site and it is per person, per cruise and since I will be doing a 14 day cruise (Solo) I am considering the top level package.

If Mike is correct at $500 and the drink limit is $12 per serving on this package that's 41 odd drinks to make it to $500.
That's also just under 3 drinks per day and I think it would be good value.

Mini bars in cabin's are definitely not covered which brings me to my question.
If someone has this top level package would it not be the cruise lines advantage to let them bring alcohol (no wine) on board to consume in their cabin as they probably won't be using the mini bar??

Being a smoker as well I would be out of my cabin most of the time anyway so this kind of defeats the purpose of asking the question anyway? LOL ;) ;)

Mike M September 6th, 2010 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Beers (Post 1313275)
You do need to pay attention to the drink package levels. A friend ordered a beer under the belief his package included it. Nope. He had to pay for beer separately. He also ordered a martini one night, which definitely was included, but it was at a bar where they used larger martini glasses so they charged him for the drink. It seems the package only included martinis served in the smaller glasses which weren't used at the martini bar.

I really don't see it as a good value. I also think Celebrity is deliberately vague in their package descriptions.


David,

Celebrity revamped the drink packages in May because of the issues that you sited. It was ridiculous that someone who purchased a top shelf liquor package could not order a beer or Coke without paying extra for it.

Here is a link to the break down.

Celebrity Drink Packages

Take care,
Mike

Jazzbo September 12th, 2010 04:53 PM

The premium package includes all drinks up to $12 (which is almost everything except the martini flight), all wines by the glass up to $12, all beers, all specialty coffees (I can see having a couple of those a day) and teas, all juices, included fresh-squeeze, all soft drinks, and all bottled water. I think we will get our money's worth, and we don't have to lug bottled water onboard!

grjhansen September 12th, 2010 11:46 PM

Celebrity Drink Packages
 
Something to be aware of when ordering drink packages~We just ordered 2 drink packages for our upcomming cruise~One is a Premium Non-Alocoholic Package and the other is a Classic Package. Celebrity Cruises added an additional 15% (service charge) for each package to the prices quoted.

Lombard September 13th, 2010 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grjhansen (Post 1316332)
Something to be aware of when ordering drink packages~We just ordered 2 drink packages for our upcomming cruise~One is a Premium Non-Alocoholic Package and the other is a Classic Package. Celebrity Cruises added an additional 15% (service charge) for each package to the prices quoted.

You are quite correct.

I have actually purchased the premium alcohol package and I have already prepaid the gratuities for my cruise.
Why do I have to pay it again!!!???

What can I do to reclaim the package extra charge??

robh September 13th, 2010 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lombard (Post 1316349)
You are quite correct.

I have actually purchased the premium alcohol package and I have already prepaid the gratuities for my cruise.
Why do I have to pay it again!!!???

What can I do to reclaim the package extra charge??

The Pre-Paid gratuities is to offset the normal AUTOPAY fixed rate gratuity charge to your ship account for each passenger per cabin per day. This does not cover your normal purchase of drinks which have an automatic 15 % added.

So, unless the 15% was buried inside the drink package which I think not , you have been charged correctly. When you order a drink on the ship with your package card, you will not pay 15% as you already did.

Lombard September 13th, 2010 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robh (Post 1316351)
The Pre-Paid gratuities is to offset the normal AUTOPAY fixed rate gratuity charge to your ship account for each passenger per cabin per day. This does not cover your normal purchase of drinks which have an automatic 15 % added.

So, unless the 15% was buried inside the drink package which I think not , you have been charged correctly. When you order a drink on the ship with your package card, you will not pay 15% as you already did.

Thanks Rob for the info.

It is obvious, "I think" that this scheme is design to confuse the ordinary person and to maximise returns for the company???

In the end I will probably be ahead with this being a 14 day cruise anyway.

The one big reason I chose to purchase this package was to remove drinks from the variables involved with this cruise and to minimise my end of cruise charges.

Whoop!

Trackypup September 13th, 2010 01:11 PM

Keep in mind, it is not $500 for a 14 day cruise... $500 was based on a 7 day cruise. It'll be around $900 for 14 days.

Lombard September 13th, 2010 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trackypup (Post 1316424)
Keep in mind, it is not $500 for a 14 day cruise... $500 was based on a 7 day cruise. It'll be around $900 for 14 days.


As per celebrity web site it is based on a per person per cruise.

My costs were based on a circa Australian $750 charge then another exchange rate to NZ$ which made it around NZ$900 then the 15% uuugh.

Trackypup September 13th, 2010 04:57 PM

It's a per person, per day charge. $56.35 per person per day for the Premium package

cruiseVA November 22nd, 2010 01:59 PM

Actually, the current prices for the two Alcoholic drink packages are:

Classic=$39/night (beers up to $5 each; wine, cocktails etc up to $8 each)

Premium=$49/night (all beers; cocktails, etc up to $12 each)

Tack on an additional 15% gratuity to each.

There are also non-alcoholic packages available.

This is all clearly posted on Celebrity's website.

**Edit to remove commercial reference.

Trackypup November 22nd, 2010 02:05 PM

Coming onto Cruisemates and recommending people go to Cruise Critic probably isn't the best way to make friends ;)

shellie62 January 15th, 2011 03:27 PM

Question about the drink packages
 
I just booked a 7 day cruise with my hubby on the Celebrity Solstice for March 20-March 27th, 2011 and I really excited. I am doing some research to see if buying a drink package is worth it or just getting a bill at the end of our cruise. I have read this forum and my question is about the Premium package..what does it mean "up to $12.00/drink" ; if I purchased the Premium package and go to a bar and the drink I ordered totals more than $12.00 does that mean I have to pay for it or do I just get billed the difference from the $12.00. Also I understand you can only order one drink at a time but do you have a limit per bar per day and a limit of how many glasses of wine I have at dinner...how many drinks are over $12.00..most people say that it's really in the martini bar is where you have to watch out for the price difference.

So..if I purchase the premium package for me and my hubby which I think will total something like 700.00-800.00 for both..is it possible we won't have a bill at the end of our trip for drinks.

Thanks Shelley

Mike M January 15th, 2011 05:01 PM

Unless you drink the high end martinis at the martini bar you won't have a bar bill at the end of the cruise.

I am really not sure how it works if you order a drink over $12. I don't think there are too many drinks over $12. A Chopin martini is $12.

Take care,
Mike

Trackypup June 7th, 2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike M (Post 1342794)
I am really not sure how it works if you order a drink over $12. I don't think there are too many drinks over $12. A Chopin martini is $12.

Take care,
Mike

I believe Celebrity has recently put in a policy that if you buy the Premium Package and a single drink costs over $12 (so not the martini flight) you can pay the difference. So a $16 glass of wine, you'll be charged $4


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1