Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 7th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Familiar Face

Default Trays

Has Celebrity done away with trays at breakfast and lunch as RCCL has?
Sponsored Links
Old September 7th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I hope not...this is one thing that absolutely drives me crazy.....make a passenger, try and carry a plate, or maybe 2 if you have a salad, a drink,and cutlery and get to the table, maneuvering the crowds, just because we can

On The Gem, I asked for a tray,and they brought me one..I may try this on the Eclipse in November...grrrr

I say.to all cruise lines....BRING BACK THE TRAYS!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 7th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Admiral

Default Trays

On the Soltice I noticed there were no trays, but the dishes are square and I used a very large one to carry dishes.. but what a great idea.. asking..lol.. I have found staff falling all over you to carry items..and I love the fact they come around with coffee in the a.m. instead of having to get up and get it yourself
Old September 7th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Admiral

Yes they have, fleetwide...
Old September 7th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Beginner

Just got off the Summit two days ago -- trays available all day....
Old September 8th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Cruise Maniac

Funny, but Parrot Mom & dkjretired were both on the Solstice very recently and they have different opinions on if trays where on the ship or not. We were on the Solstice in early February and I vote that there were trays.

However, I do remember having to go find a table, place my food plate/tray on the table, and then go to the drink station for my glass of water. Lack of trays, or no room for any trays at the drink stations? Not sure which, but there IS a lack of space at the drink stations for trays or much of anything else. The drink stations is the one place that needs a redesign IMO. They are to small and curved leading to constant danger of major train wrecks. You really need eyes on all four sides of your head when in those areas.
05/89 NCL, Seaward, 1990 Carnival, Topicale, 1991 Carnival, Festivale, 11/93 Wind Star, Wind Song, 01/95 Celebrity, Horizon, 01/96 Celebrity, Century, 01/00 Celebrity, Zenith, 01/01 Princess, Ocean Princess, 01/02 Princess, Ocean Princess, 01/03 Celebrity, Summit, 05/04 Princess, Diamond, 01/05 Celebrity, Galaxy, 01/07 Oceania, Regatta, 01/08 RCCL, Voyager of the Seas, 02/09 RCCL, Voyager of the Seas, 01/10 Celebrity, Solstice
Old September 8th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Admiral

Default Trays

We were on the Soltice the 25th of April and I'll be darned if I saw any trays.. and yes, I agree about the drink stations too
Old September 14th, 2010, 04:55 AM
First Mate

We were on Solstice last week and did not see any trays in the buffet area on Deck 14. As one poster has stated, there were waiters who would carry your plate(s) to a table. But then they used to do that when there were trays as well.

Read and post cruise reviews