Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 10th, 2010, 11:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default We had a great b2b on the Summit!

Thanks for posting our review, Cruise Mates!

We just returned from another wonderful Celebrity cruise. The first leg was a 7-day Bermuda and the second, a 2-week N.E. / Canada. We had not been on a fall colors cruise since 2005 (remember Hurricane Wilma, anyone?).

The Summit is the second youngest on the M-Class. The service was amazing, as every =X= cruise is for us, though. The stateroom and some public areas are showing wear and tear, but for an older ship, she is STILL classy.

The food rocked the house, I don't care what anyone says. We enjoy many of the finest restaurants in Fog City, and for 21 days we enjoyed the cuisine. Yes, some were repeats as we were on 2 different legs. The entertainment was the best we have seen. The specialty restaurant was, "meh"...nothing new. Nothing special, but again, amazing service and wonderfully prepared. My partner and I were just hoping for some new menu items.

We were not able to connect a You Tube video for our cruise, so am doing it here. This is only the Bermuda portion, as it's about 10-minutes, if anyone cares to see. Takes a few minutes to load in HD format, but worth it.

Oh, incidentally...am traveling on business for the next few days and staying on board the Queen Mary in Long Beach. What an interesting hotel / ocean liner!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjWWGtae_7o&hd=1
Sponsored Links
Old October 11th, 2010, 04:55 AM
Admiral

Wink N.E. Cruises

AS I THOUGHT... the foliage is NOT the best in N.E. this year as is being reported because of the rains... but the apple crop and lobsters are...COME ON BACK!
Old October 11th, 2010, 04:11 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to richsea

Fantastic video, Gary! I wish I had the talent to create that type of video, maybe someone else would watch them besides me! You really captured the beauty of Bermuda. It's too bad that Summit doesn't dock in Hamilton, because sailing into Hamilton Harbor is absolutely beautiful.

And thanks for your review also; it was a pleasure to read. We've never sailed Summit, but have sailed Millennium, Infinity, & Constellation. In fact we'll be on Millie in a few weeks for 11 days & can't wait!

Again, thanks for the video & review! Keep posting!

Rich
Old October 12th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Rich, thanks much. We had a great time. I think the Canada / NE video will be too long to post here.

Hope you enjoy your cruise in a few weeks. Have a wonderful time on the Millie!

Gary
Old October 16th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Admiral

I too enjoyed the video. I'm also a Celebrity fan and It's good to hear that you had a great time on the Summit.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old December 11th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Familiar Face

Cruising Summit Jan 29-Feb 5, 2011. Will be part of a group along with my roomy Susan. Thanks to this site, I have her as a room-share/buddy.
Celebrity is new to many in the group, and those I've heard from are very happy about it.

Thanks for your great review. Somewhere around 50 days....