Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 12th, 2010, 11:47 PM
Cruise Maniac
Default Where Is Solstice Off To?

Anyone know where Solstice is heading? She left Cayman heading east instead of towards her scheduled destination of Cozumel. Probably something to do with Hurricane Paula Just curious if anyone has any intel on where she's being rerouted to. We had to blow off St. Maarten last week and instead went to Montego Bay. Even though SXM was the port we most wanted to make (our favorite), it was nice seeing Jamaica as I've never been there. Love those ship tracking sites.
Sponsored Links
Old October 14th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Well, we figured it out. Tracking showed it at Labadee today. But, my wife got an email today from our asst waiter from last week, and he said it's Labadee, then Nassau. So now we know. Funnay that storm did a u-turn and is heading back southeast. Iguess you can run but you can't always hide.
Old October 14th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Celebrity has modified the itinerary. Bypassing Grand Cayman, Costa Maya,and Roatan, Solstice was cruising to Grand Cayman,Montego Bay, Labadee,and Nassau...this was the intent, earlier in the week.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 15th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks. Can I ask where you got the info? I was checking the Celebrity website to see if they had any updated info and they didn't seem to have it anywhere on the site. I know RCI does put weather related itinerary changes on their site....but not always. I wondered if there is a place this info is commonly available that I am not aware of. When we were disembarking on Sunday, I was talking to the assistant (?) cruise director and mentioned that I had seen the depression forming near Honduras and wondered if they had any info. He was surprised and said that they had not been told of any weather issues at that time but that if the weather was going to impact Cayman, it could be a problem as they tender there and it makes for a rough tender ride. Oh well, sounds like they went to some nice places anyway. Thanks.