CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   Are you hooked on S Class or M Class? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/378533-you-hooked-s-class-m-class.html)

Kuki December 6th, 2010 10:57 AM

Are you hooked on S Class or M Class?

Folks seem to almost universally like the new S Class ship from Celeb. Curious if the Celebrity repeaters now are only trying to book the S Class ships, or do you still like to cruise on the M Class ship?

Iamboatman December 6th, 2010 04:40 PM

I have cruised (some more than once) on the Mercury, Millennium, Constellation, Solstice and Equinox and am hosting a group on the Century next month, so I have pretty broad knowledge and experience.

I must say that the S Class has really won me over after being on a Pre-Inaugural on the Solstice and a 13 night Med cruise on the Equinox. It would be my first choice without question. I would still book the M Class ships itinerary dependent, but would probably compromise the itinerary so that I could sail on the S Class.

As for the Century...I will let you know!

johnthed0g December 6th, 2010 05:07 PM

Loved Connie but then came Eclipse, just loved Celebrity full stop!

Rev22:17 December 6th, 2010 05:54 PM

Kuki,

Quote:

Originally Posted by You (Post 1332710)
Folks seem to almost universally like the new S Class ship from Celeb. Curious if the Celebrity repeaters now are only trying to book the S Class ships, or do you still like to cruise on the M Class ship?

My favorite ship is usually the ship on which I happen to be cruising on any given day. I doubt that a cruise aboard a ship of the Celebrity Solstice class would give me reason not to go back aboard a ship of the Celebrity Millennium class. In fact, I'll even try a cruise aboard MV Celebrity Century whenever the opportunity presents itself!

Norm.

dkjretired December 6th, 2010 09:26 PM

Agree with Norm, if the itinerary is right, I'll do any ship even the SS Minnow...

Rev22:17 December 7th, 2010 06:07 PM

dkjretired,

Quote:

Originally Posted by You (Post 1332900)
... even the SS Minnow...

Hmmm...

No, I'm not THAT desparate!

But I must say that I was really disappointed when Celebrity suddenly made the vessels originally built as MV R6 and MV R7 of defunct Renaissance Cruises, which came to Celebrity from Pulmantur Cruises in a swap for MV Zenith, the first ships of a new line (MV Azamara Quest and MV Azamara Journey) rather than adding them to the Celebirty Cruises fleet. My last cruise with Princess was aboard a sister, MV Tahitian Princess (now MV Ocean Princess), originally built as MV R4 -- and I have to say that MV Tahitian Princess was a fantastic ship!

It's not about the size of the ship. It's about going to sea!

Norm.

Manuel December 10th, 2010 04:54 PM

I would be just as happy to sail on the M class as the Solstice class.

I picked our next Celebrity cruise on the Equinox because of the intinerary.

TM

Trip December 10th, 2010 05:08 PM

I havs sailed the Century twice, a ship I just cannot get enthused over at all, but, so enjoyed the Mercury..go figure! But stepping onto the Eclipse, she blew the others out of the water for me with 2 more beauties, in the wings, there will be 1000's of happy cruisers,and I know I will be one of them.:-D

dkjretired December 10th, 2010 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev22:17 (Post 1333126)
dkjretired,

Hmmm...

No, I'm not THAT desparate!

But I must say that I was really disappointed when Celebrity suddenly made the vessels originally built as MV R6 and MV R7 of defunct Renaissance Cruises, which came to Celebrity from Pulmantur Cruises in a swap for MV Zenith, the first ships of a new line (MV Azamara Quest and MV Azamara Journey) rather than adding them to the Celebirty Cruises fleet. My last cruise with Princess was aboard a sister, MV Tahitian Princess (now MV Ocean Princess), originally built as MV R4 -- and I have to say that MV Tahitian Princess was a fantastic ship!

It's not about the size of the ship. It's about going to sea!

Norm.

I tend to agree with you, I went this year on a free cruise on NCL to Bermuda and docking at Kings Wharf is nothing like being in Hamilton. Quest and Journey would have been perfect for that trip as well as going into St. Georges. I suspect the money can be made elsewhere as prices are not as high as they used to be in Bermuda. Bermuda has also had contradictory actions as far as the various ports in their jurisdiction.

cruise47 December 11th, 2010 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkjretired (Post 1332900)
Agree with Norm, if the itinerary is right, I'll do any ship even the SS Minnow...

We agree with the above post; we just enjoy sailing on any Celebrity cruise ship.

Trip December 11th, 2010 03:31 PM

I think the Ocean View Cafe, which will get even more seating on the Reflection, is the best of any cafe on any ship I have sailed! Would get my 100%, but it does not have trays..drat! Ok, 99%:-)