Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 6th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Are you hooked on S Class or M Class?

Folks seem to almost universally like the new S Class ship from Celeb. Curious if the Celebrity repeaters now are only trying to book the S Class ships, or do you still like to cruise on the M Class ship?
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Sponsored Links
Old December 6th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to Iamboatman

I have cruised (some more than once) on the Mercury, Millennium, Constellation, Solstice and Equinox and am hosting a group on the Century next month, so I have pretty broad knowledge and experience.

I must say that the S Class has really won me over after being on a Pre-Inaugural on the Solstice and a 13 night Med cruise on the Equinox. It would be my first choice without question. I would still book the M Class ships itinerary dependent, but would probably compromise the itinerary so that I could sail on the S Class.

As for the Century...I will let you know!
Old December 6th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Admiral

Loved Connie but then came Eclipse, just loved Celebrity full stop!
Old December 6th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Admiral

Kuki,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You View Post
Folks seem to almost universally like the new S Class ship from Celeb. Curious if the Celebrity repeaters now are only trying to book the S Class ships, or do you still like to cruise on the M Class ship?
My favorite ship is usually the ship on which I happen to be cruising on any given day. I doubt that a cruise aboard a ship of the Celebrity Solstice class would give me reason not to go back aboard a ship of the Celebrity Millennium class. In fact, I'll even try a cruise aboard MV Celebrity Century whenever the opportunity presents itself!

Norm.
Old December 6th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Admiral

Agree with Norm, if the itinerary is right, I'll do any ship even the SS Minnow...
Old December 7th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Admiral

dkjretired,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You View Post
... even the SS Minnow...
Hmmm...

No, I'm not THAT desparate!

But I must say that I was really disappointed when Celebrity suddenly made the vessels originally built as MV R6 and MV R7 of defunct Renaissance Cruises, which came to Celebrity from Pulmantur Cruises in a swap for MV Zenith, the first ships of a new line (MV Azamara Quest and MV Azamara Journey) rather than adding them to the Celebirty Cruises fleet. My last cruise with Princess was aboard a sister, MV Tahitian Princess (now MV Ocean Princess), originally built as MV R4 -- and I have to say that MV Tahitian Princess was a fantastic ship!

It's not about the size of the ship. It's about going to sea!

Norm.
Old December 10th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Admiral

I would be just as happy to sail on the M class as the Solstice class.

I picked our next Celebrity cruise on the Equinox because of the intinerary.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old December 10th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I havs sailed the Century twice, a ship I just cannot get enthused over at all, but, so enjoyed the Mercury..go figure! But stepping onto the Eclipse, she blew the others out of the water for me with 2 more beauties, in the wings, there will be 1000's of happy cruisers,and I know I will be one of them.:-D

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 10th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev22:17 View Post
dkjretired,

Hmmm...

No, I'm not THAT desparate!

But I must say that I was really disappointed when Celebrity suddenly made the vessels originally built as MV R6 and MV R7 of defunct Renaissance Cruises, which came to Celebrity from Pulmantur Cruises in a swap for MV Zenith, the first ships of a new line (MV Azamara Quest and MV Azamara Journey) rather than adding them to the Celebirty Cruises fleet. My last cruise with Princess was aboard a sister, MV Tahitian Princess (now MV Ocean Princess), originally built as MV R4 -- and I have to say that MV Tahitian Princess was a fantastic ship!

It's not about the size of the ship. It's about going to sea!

Norm.
I tend to agree with you, I went this year on a free cruise on NCL to Bermuda and docking at Kings Wharf is nothing like being in Hamilton. Quest and Journey would have been perfect for that trip as well as going into St. Georges. I suspect the money can be made elsewhere as prices are not as high as they used to be in Bermuda. Bermuda has also had contradictory actions as far as the various ports in their jurisdiction.
Old December 11th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Familiar Face

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjretired View Post
Agree with Norm, if the itinerary is right, I'll do any ship even the SS Minnow...
We agree with the above post; we just enjoy sailing on any Celebrity cruise ship.
Old December 11th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I think the Ocean View Cafe, which will get even more seating on the Reflection, is the best of any cafe on any ship I have sailed! Would get my 100%, but it does not have trays..drat! Ok, 99%:-)

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator