CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   Changes to Celebrity Silhouette and Reflection (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/378605-changes-celebrity-silhouette-reflection.html)

Paul Motter December 8th, 2010 02:50 PM

Changes to Celebrity Silhouette and Reflection

Change #1: The Lawn Club
Both ships will have what Celebrity is calling "the industry's first outdoor interactive grill" called "The Lawn Club Grill." It will offer interactive demonstrations and classes focused on pizza-making - including the art of dough-tossing. There will be grilling, marinade secrets and more, led by Celebrity's chefs as well as guest chefs from the "Savor Your Destination" program.

The casual lunch menu includes high-end burgers, but for dinner guests will choose from an array of top-quality meats and either grill it themselves, side-by-side with Celebrity's chefs, or have it grilled to order. Complementing the dinner will be wines, beer and sangria, all consistent with the casual nature of the 56-seat restaurant. A $30 dinner surcharge will apply.

Change #2: The Porch
This intimate 48-seat eatery located near the starboard entrance to the Lawn Club will boast a "chic, Hamptons-style design" and offer casual, complimentary, quick and easy breakfasts and lunches; consisting of fresh pastries, salads, Panini and other sandwiches, in addition to specialty coffees, beer and wine.

Change #3: The Alcoves
Nearby the Lawn Club will be "The Alcoves," eight cabanas, each designed for two to four guests to enjoy themed picnic baskets and an a la carte beverage menu (additional surcharge) along with Internet Wi-Fi. The Alcoves will be available as partial or all-day rentals. Adjacent to The Alcoves will be eight hammocks and two whimsical, oversized Adirondack chairs.

Change #4: The Hideaway
Inspired by the live trees suspended within the Grand Foyer of every Solstice Class ship, the design of The Hideaway reflects an upscale, avant-garde tree house, with cozy, intimate lounging "nests," where vacationers can try out a new Apple product from the Celebrity iLounge, or make a low-tech retreat to read a good book.

Change #5: AquaClass Suites
With an additional deck to be added to Celebrity Reflection only, the line's first AquaClass Suites will offer 251 square feet of interior space and 57-square-foot verandas. Reflection will also offer eight additional Sky Suites, 19 additional ConciergeClass staterooms and 11 additional inside staterooms, bringing the new ship stateroom total to 1,515.
Reflection will be one meter wider than the sister ships to accommodate these extra staterooms. Accordingly, there will be 245 more loungers on the expanded pool deck as well as 45 additional seats in the Celebrity Theater, 118 in Oceanview Café, 24 additional seats each in Blu and Tuscan Grille, four more in Qsine, and 40 additional seats in the main dining room.

Trip December 8th, 2010 03:08 PM

I think we better make resevations now for The Lawn Grille Club! [lol] ..Loved The Porch, and the Alcoves and Hideaways,will be uber popular.... I really enjoyed seing all the great innovations Celebrity has in store for their fans.....I know I want to sail them!

Dave Beers December 9th, 2010 09:43 AM

I like the changes since they are more interesting to me than bocce ball and glass blowing, but the obvious fact is Celebrity looked at the Lawn Club and saw a lot of non-revenue generating space. Kudos to them for going with something new though, and also with things that fit perfectly with the lawn theme.

Although Dan Hanrahan said the Corning deal will remain on the first 3 ships of the class, I'd be stunned if they weren't eventually retrofitted if results from Silhouette and Reflection support it.

Trip December 9th, 2010 09:47 AM

Dave I agree. While on the Eclipse, all I could picture was empty seats in the audience...A 90 degree day, in the Caribbean,and people will be by the pool, not watching glass blowing, no matter how interesting it might be...

cgaynor December 13th, 2010 05:25 PM

CONCUR The grass is and glass blowing are great for an hour at the most. Much to valuable space for little use.

Parrot Mom December 15th, 2010 08:34 AM

Glass blowing exhibit

On the contrary having experienced the Corning Glass Show on the Soltice and Equinox there was always standing room only.. But i do look forward to the Grille and the Lawn Club.

lousgal2 January 7th, 2013 08:44 AM

Reflection

The Blu should have been made larger. All they did was squeeze the tables together to add more .
We were on Dec 15 - 22 and there were quite a few loud children and one baby in a highchair.
I love kids,but I do not think Blu is the appropriate
venue for babies.
The Grill should have been enclosed. Ours was a windy voyage and we were blown away,just looking at it.
The hideaway was a delight. So relaxing.
Our favorite of the Solstice class ships is still the Equinox.
Something warm about it.
Thanks for your comments. They are very helful.

Donna January 7th, 2013 09:17 AM

I have to agree the lawn club sounds exciting and something new and different...Now, do they move any of these ships to Alaska for the summer, that would be great?

dkjretired January 7th, 2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna (Post 1460740)
I have to agree the lawn club sounds exciting and something new and different...Now, do they move any of these ships to Alaska for the summer, that would be great?

Solstice will be in Alaska this summer and was the first ship with the lawn club. I have been on her and she is beautiful ship.

dkjretired January 7th, 2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lousgal2 (Post 1460734)
The Blu should have been made larger. All they did was squeeze the tables together to add more .
We were on Dec 15 - 22 and there were quite a few loud children and one baby in a highchair.
I love kids,but I do not think Blu is the appropriate
venue for babies.
The Grill should have been enclosed. Ours was a windy voyage and we were blown away,just looking at it.
The hideaway was a delight. So relaxing.
Our favorite of the Solstice class ships is still the Equinox.
Something warm about it.
Thanks for your comments. They are very helful.

Just so you are aware children have always been allowed in Blu...

Here's a link.. The ad in between is Cruisemates, not me.

Cruise Dining: Cruise Ship Dining Options | Celebrity Cruises

aerospace January 7th, 2013 05:48 PM

Alcoves were a complete waste of space on my transatlantic. In 16 days I saw only one time did anyone have one in use...and they weren't actually there just had their things on one.

Also the lawn club grill was empty at all times except the few days they did lunch there, not sure if that was at a discount. Normal is $40pp.

The glass blowing is awesome though the fact that they can't sell the items sucks. Otherwise you could request something in the colors you want, see it made, and pick it up later. Celebrity donates to Corning so they aren't allowed to sell. They do auction(for charity) 3 items off but it's whatever they pick.