Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old January 4th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Junior Member
Welcome Newcomer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1
Default Eclipse - kids program avail when specialty dining?

I'm sailing on the Eclipse Apr 9 and would like to dine at Murano one evening. Would there be a kids program available at 6pm if we dine there? I don't want to take a 6 year old to the restaurant.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old January 4th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Trip's Avatar
Moderator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Boston
Posts: 19,665
Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default

Dining in Muranos, is about a 3 hour delight, but a child would not be able to endure our delight. My dinner in November was about that long..It might depend on how many kids are on board that cruise, but I would think thee would have to be something avaialble.
__________________


Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old January 4th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,772
Default

carlyd,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You View Post
I'm sailing on the Eclipse Apr 9 and would like to dine at Murano one evening. Would there be a kids program available at 6pm if we dine there? I don't want to take a 6 year old to the restaurant.
The children's center does offer evening sessions, but I'm not sure what time they start. IIRC, the thinking is that most families with children prefer first seating in the main dining room, so the evening program normally starts at 7:00 or 7:30 to give both the children and the staff enough time to eat dinner. But IIRC, there usually are a cuple evenings per cruise when the staff arranges a special supper for the children in the children's center. If so, the program would start at an earlier time on those evenings.

The bottom line here is that you'll either need to make your reservation for Murano's later than 6:00 (probably 7:45 or later) or schedule it for an evening when the children's program includes supper for your child. The latter may require waiting until you arrive aboard ship to make your reservation. The specialty restaurants usually have plenty of slots available at the start of the cruise, so not reserving until you get aboard is seldom a problem.

Norm.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old January 5th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev22:17 View Post
carlyd,



The children's center does offer evening sessions, but I'm not sure what time they start. IIRC, the thinking is that most families with children prefer first seating in the main dining room, so the evening program normally starts at 7:00 or 7:30 to give both the children and the staff enough time to eat dinner. But IIRC, there usually are a cuple evenings per cruise when the staff arranges a special supper for the children in the children's center. If so, the program would start at an earlier time on those evenings.

The bottom line here is that you'll either need to make your reservation for Murano's later than 6:00 (probably 7:45 or later) or schedule it for an evening when the children's program includes supper for your child. The latter may require waiting until you arrive aboard ship to make your reservation. The specialty restaurants usually have plenty of slots available at the start of the cruise, so not reserving until you get aboard is seldom a problem.

Norm.
Norm is correct, I have traveled with my children and they usually close the program during first seating. However, on formal nights they do feed the children and run the program to give the parents a break. If you schedule anytime after normal first seating in the MDR you should be okay. Make sure you attend the orientation for the childrens programs on the first day, also, sign up is usually available at the pier.

If you are uncomfortable with this, Murano does not allow children under the age of 12 but Tuscan grill and other specialty restaurants on the S class ships do.

FAQ Answers

Also, if you wish to make reservations before boarding, on seven day cruises the formal nights are usually days 2 and 6.

Last edited by dkjretired; January 5th, 2011 at 08:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old January 6th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Junior Member
Welcome Newcomer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1
Wink Kids program or babysitter?

Hi. Celebrity also offers in-cabin babysitting for something like $8 an hour. If you're finding it hard to book a night at Murano that corresponds to the kid program, try getting an in-cabin babysitter. We plan to use one on the Eclipse soon. My DS is only three and i'm not crazy about him staying up in the playroom that late. Hopefully we'll find an in-suite sitter. Good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old January 6th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_us_three View Post
Hi. Celebrity also offers in-cabin babysitting for something like $8 an hour. If you're finding it hard to book a night at Murano that corresponds to the kid program, try getting an in-cabin babysitter. We plan to use one on the Eclipse soon. My DS is only three and i'm not crazy about him staying up in the playroom that late. Hopefully we'll find an in-suite sitter. Good luck.
I believe they eliminated the in cabin babysitting several months ago. NOt 100% sure but those are the reports back from other cruisers...
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old January 8th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Banned
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 185
Send a message via Skype™ to Iamboatman
Default

There are a number of evenings when they have Kid's Dinners. They are not necessarily on formal nights. Also, if there are not many kids, you can always ask the counselors and see if they would create a Kid's Dinner. I have done that, though it was a couple of years ago.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
allowed, celebrity, children, childrens, cruise, dining, eclipse, forum, good, kids, program, reservations, restaurants, ship, specialty

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Celebrity Eclipse - Questions about Kids pgm faithjoy Celebrity 0 September 9th, 2010 09:49 AM
Eclipse Dining YMMBug Celebrity 2 August 19th, 2010 04:34 PM
Qsine: Dining venue unique to 'Eclipse' jleq Celebrity 18 February 28th, 2010 10:44 PM
Specialty Dining kjwitty Princess Cruise Lines 2 October 13th, 2004 12:55 PM
Kids program I have heard RCI is better with kids than Disn ssatterly Disney 2 May 1st, 2004 06:27 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:21 AM.
design by: Themes by Design

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1