Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 4th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Eclipse - kids program avail when specialty dining?

I'm sailing on the Eclipse Apr 9 and would like to dine at Murano one evening. Would there be a kids program available at 6pm if we dine there? I don't want to take a 6 year old to the restaurant.
Sponsored Links
Old January 4th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Dining in Muranos, is about a 3 hour delight, but a child would not be able to endure our delight. My dinner in November was about that long..It might depend on how many kids are on board that cruise, but I would think thee would have to be something avaialble.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 4th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Admiral

carlyd,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You View Post
I'm sailing on the Eclipse Apr 9 and would like to dine at Murano one evening. Would there be a kids program available at 6pm if we dine there? I don't want to take a 6 year old to the restaurant.
The children's center does offer evening sessions, but I'm not sure what time they start. IIRC, the thinking is that most families with children prefer first seating in the main dining room, so the evening program normally starts at 7:00 or 7:30 to give both the children and the staff enough time to eat dinner. But IIRC, there usually are a cuple evenings per cruise when the staff arranges a special supper for the children in the children's center. If so, the program would start at an earlier time on those evenings.

The bottom line here is that you'll either need to make your reservation for Murano's later than 6:00 (probably 7:45 or later) or schedule it for an evening when the children's program includes supper for your child. The latter may require waiting until you arrive aboard ship to make your reservation. The specialty restaurants usually have plenty of slots available at the start of the cruise, so not reserving until you get aboard is seldom a problem.

Norm.
Old January 5th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev22:17 View Post
carlyd,

The children's center does offer evening sessions, but I'm not sure what time they start. IIRC, the thinking is that most families with children prefer first seating in the main dining room, so the evening program normally starts at 7:00 or 7:30 to give both the children and the staff enough time to eat dinner. But IIRC, there usually are a cuple evenings per cruise when the staff arranges a special supper for the children in the children's center. If so, the program would start at an earlier time on those evenings.

The bottom line here is that you'll either need to make your reservation for Murano's later than 6:00 (probably 7:45 or later) or schedule it for an evening when the children's program includes supper for your child. The latter may require waiting until you arrive aboard ship to make your reservation. The specialty restaurants usually have plenty of slots available at the start of the cruise, so not reserving until you get aboard is seldom a problem.

Norm.
Norm is correct, I have traveled with my children and they usually close the program during first seating. However, on formal nights they do feed the children and run the program to give the parents a break. If you schedule anytime after normal first seating in the MDR you should be okay. Make sure you attend the orientation for the childrens programs on the first day, also, sign up is usually available at the pier.

If you are uncomfortable with this, Murano does not allow children under the age of 12 but Tuscan grill and other specialty restaurants on the S class ships do.

FAQ Answers

Also, if you wish to make reservations before boarding, on seven day cruises the formal nights are usually days 2 and 6.

Last edited by dkjretired; January 5th, 2011 at 08:51 AM.
Old January 6th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Wink Kids program or babysitter?

Hi. Celebrity also offers in-cabin babysitting for something like $8 an hour. If you're finding it hard to book a night at Murano that corresponds to the kid program, try getting an in-cabin babysitter. We plan to use one on the Eclipse soon. My DS is only three and i'm not crazy about him staying up in the playroom that late. Hopefully we'll find an in-suite sitter. Good luck.
Old January 6th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_us_three View Post
Hi. Celebrity also offers in-cabin babysitting for something like $8 an hour. If you're finding it hard to book a night at Murano that corresponds to the kid program, try getting an in-cabin babysitter. We plan to use one on the Eclipse soon. My DS is only three and i'm not crazy about him staying up in the playroom that late. Hopefully we'll find an in-suite sitter. Good luck.
I believe they eliminated the in cabin babysitting several months ago. NOt 100% sure but those are the reports back from other cruisers...
Old January 8th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to Iamboatman

There are a number of evenings when they have Kid's Dinners. They are not necessarily on formal nights. Also, if there are not many kids, you can always ask the counselors and see if they would create a Kid's Dinner. I have done that, though it was a couple of years ago.