CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   Visa and Pasport? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/379200-visa-pasport.html)

Cruise-N-Arky January 5th, 2011 12:33 PM

Visa and Pasport?

This will be my first time traveling to the western Caribbean and with travel changes everyday I need to know if I will need a Visa and inoculation records. I have a US passport that won't expire till 2014. We will be docking at
CHARLOTTE AMALIE, ST. THOMAS
BASSETERRE, ST. KITTS
BRIDGETOWN, BARBADOS
ROSEAU, DOMINICA
PHILIPSBURG, ST. MAARTEN

This will also be my first cruise with Celebrity, also first 10 day cruise. A lot of first here and I don't won't to leave anything to chance. I would appreciate it greatly if anyone can let me know about the Visa and inoculation records. Thanks in advance.

jacdenv24 January 5th, 2011 01:10 PM

We're Canadian and have done 13 Caribbean cruises. All we've ever needed was a passport. No visas, no inoculations. I'm assuming U.S. citizens would be the same but better check replies from them. Or, try Homeland security website?

sptrout January 5th, 2011 01:24 PM

A Passport is all you will need.

Rev22:17 January 5th, 2011 05:32 PM

Cruise-N-Arky,

Quote:

Originally Posted by You (Post 1339945)
This will be my first time traveling to the western Caribbean and with travel changes everyday I need to know if I will need a Visa and inoculation records. I have a US passport that won't expire till 2014. We will be docking at
CHARLOTTE AMALIE, ST. THOMAS
BASSETERRE, ST. KITTS
BRIDGETOWN, BARBADOS
ROSEAU, DOMINICA
PHILIPSBURG, ST. MAARTEN

This will also be my first cruise with Celebrity, also first 10 day cruise. A lot of first here and I don't won't to leave anything to chance. I would appreciate it greatly if anyone can let me know about the Visa and inoculation records. Thanks in advance.

The others are quite right. A passport is all that you need.

In twenty-seven vacation cruises visiting Europe (including the Ukraine), the Medeira Islands, the Caribbean, South America, Panama Canal, Costa Rica, the Mexican Riviera, Alaska, Hawai'i, and the South Pacific since 1997, I have needed a visa only once -- specifically, a Turkish "multiple entry" visa for a cruise that originated in Istanbul and included a port of call in Kusadasi in 1999. The government of Turkey has since relaxed its laws to exempt passengers on cruise ships from its visa requirements.

And I have never needed innoculation records for any vacation cruise.

Norm.

Snoozeman January 5th, 2011 05:47 PM

I believe you mean EASTERN Caribbean.

As others have said, your good with the passport.

Cruise-N-Arky January 5th, 2011 05:55 PM

Thanks to all of you. As you can tell I haven't traveled very much even though it's what I love doing. If I could I would travel all the time.

Mike M January 5th, 2011 07:54 PM

There aren't too many countries, that most cruisers travel to, that require a visa.

The most common cruise countries that require a visa are:

China, Brasil, Russia (if you don't go ashore with a registered guide service), Vietnam and Turkey.

There are probably a number of other countries but these are the ones that I remember having to obtain a visa for.

Take care,
Mike

RogelioWebster March 21st, 2011 09:42 AM

A visa is a document issued to a person, which gives him the permission to travel into a specific country and stay there for a set period of time. A visa is a form of permission for a non-citizen to travel to, enter, transit or remain in a particular country.

robh April 11th, 2011 11:57 PM

Inoculations

I'd recommend you still check with your local travel vaccination centre for the inoculation you might need.
In our case it was recommended we get Hep A and a Tetanus/Diphtheria shot. As the cruise ship is not in port for more than a day you normally need not worry but as soon as you venture into tropical areas or local food and water, it is good to be prepared
Hepatitis A - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some of the Islands per the World Health Centre still have Dengue fever due to stagnant water with mosquito's so you can obtain and put on a good tropical lotion when walking in shorts and short sleeve shirts much like sun screen.
Take at least sun screen of 30+ and wear a hat when walking for a few hours as the Caribbean sun is very different and enjoyable.

Both are good for several years
Anyhow, your call , just offering some advice to consider
Rob

Benjamin June 18th, 2013 02:17 AM

A charge is a papers released to a person which gives him the authorization to journey into a particular nation and remain there for a set time period a charge is a way of authorization for a non-citizen to journey to get into transportation or remain in a particular nation...

dkjretired June 21st, 2013 10:54 PM

Not really an issue here because he has a passport but on this cruise do not believe you actually need a passport. In most of the Caribbean if you are on a closed loop cruise you only need a birth certificate.

Don

AR August 8th, 2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkjretired (Post 1476894)
Not really an issue here because he has a passport but on this cruise do not believe you actually need a passport. In most of the Caribbean if you are on a closed loop cruise you only need a birth certificate.

Don

Every US citizen who travels outside the United States should carry a passport, even though it's still true that in a few special circumstances you might not need one.

The benefits are many. First and foremost, you don't have to consult your tarot cards every time you want to go somewhere to find out if you're legal. With a passport, as Mike and others have said, you're almost always good to go. Just check the State Department website to confirm that you don't need an advance visa, and you're all set.

Most important, having a passport might impel you to USE it to go someplace interesting besides the Caribbean. I'm just sayin'.