Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 5th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Familiar Face

Default Visa and Pasport?

This will be my first time traveling to the western Caribbean and with travel changes everyday I need to know if I will need a Visa and inoculation records. I have a US passport that won't expire till 2014. We will be docking at
CHARLOTTE AMALIE, ST. THOMAS
BASSETERRE, ST. KITTS
BRIDGETOWN, BARBADOS
ROSEAU, DOMINICA
PHILIPSBURG, ST. MAARTEN

This will also be my first cruise with Celebrity, also first 10 day cruise. A lot of first here and I don't won't to leave anything to chance. I would appreciate it greatly if anyone can let me know about the Visa and inoculation records. Thanks in advance.

Royal Caribbean Enchantment of The Seas -2004
Carnival - Fantasy 11-13-06
Carnival Conquest 10-05-08
Celebrity Equinox 4/01/2011

Read and post cruise reviews

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
We grow old because we stop playing.
NEVER BE THE FIRST TO GROW OLD !!!
LIFE IS A GIFT...UNWRAP IT
Sponsored Links
Old January 5th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Captain

We're Canadian and have done 13 Caribbean cruises. All we've ever needed was a passport. No visas, no inoculations. I'm assuming U.S. citizens would be the same but better check replies from them. Or, try Homeland security website?
Horizon 2000
Summit 2001
Sovereign of the Seas 2003
Noordam 2003
Zenith 2004
Mercury 2005
Princess Sun 2006
Princess Sea 2007
Constellation 2008
Mercury 2009
Constellation 2010

Celebrity Silhouette
Old January 5th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

A Passport is all you will need.
05/89 NCL, Seaward, 1990 Carnival, Topicale, 1991 Carnival, Festivale, 11/93 Wind Star, Wind Song, 01/95 Celebrity, Horizon, 01/96 Celebrity, Century, 01/00 Celebrity, Zenith, 01/01 Princess, Ocean Princess, 01/02 Princess, Ocean Princess, 01/03 Celebrity, Summit, 05/04 Princess, Diamond, 01/05 Celebrity, Galaxy, 01/07 Oceania, Regatta, 01/08 RCCL, Voyager of the Seas, 02/09 RCCL, Voyager of the Seas, 01/10 Celebrity, Solstice
Old January 5th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Admiral

Cruise-N-Arky,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You View Post
This will be my first time traveling to the western Caribbean and with travel changes everyday I need to know if I will need a Visa and inoculation records. I have a US passport that won't expire till 2014. We will be docking at
CHARLOTTE AMALIE, ST. THOMAS
BASSETERRE, ST. KITTS
BRIDGETOWN, BARBADOS
ROSEAU, DOMINICA
PHILIPSBURG, ST. MAARTEN

This will also be my first cruise with Celebrity, also first 10 day cruise. A lot of first here and I don't won't to leave anything to chance. I would appreciate it greatly if anyone can let me know about the Visa and inoculation records. Thanks in advance.
The others are quite right. A passport is all that you need.

In twenty-seven vacation cruises visiting Europe (including the Ukraine), the Medeira Islands, the Caribbean, South America, Panama Canal, Costa Rica, the Mexican Riviera, Alaska, Hawai'i, and the South Pacific since 1997, I have needed a visa only once -- specifically, a Turkish "multiple entry" visa for a cruise that originated in Istanbul and included a port of call in Kusadasi in 1999. The government of Turkey has since relaxed its laws to exempt passengers on cruise ships from its visa requirements.

And I have never needed innoculation records for any vacation cruise.

Norm.
Old January 5th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

I believe you mean EASTERN Caribbean.

As others have said, your good with the passport.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old January 5th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks to all of you. As you can tell I haven't traveled very much even though it's what I love doing. If I could I would travel all the time.

Royal Caribbean Enchantment of The Seas -2004
Carnival - Fantasy 11-13-06
Carnival Conquest 10-05-08
Celebrity Equinox 4/01/2011

Read and post cruise reviews

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
We grow old because we stop playing.
NEVER BE THE FIRST TO GROW OLD !!!
LIFE IS A GIFT...UNWRAP IT
Old January 5th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Administrator
Admiral

There aren't too many countries, that most cruisers travel to, that require a visa.

The most common cruise countries that require a visa are:

China, Brasil, Russia (if you don't go ashore with a registered guide service), Vietnam and Turkey.

There are probably a number of other countries but these are the ones that I remember having to obtain a visa for.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 21st, 2011, 10:42 AM
Welcome Newcomer

A visa is a document issued to a person, which gives him the permission to travel into a specific country and stay there for a set period of time. A visa is a form of permission for a non-citizen to travel to, enter, transit or remain in a particular country.

Last edited by Donna; March 21st, 2011 at 11:18 AM. Reason: removed link to travel agent site
Old April 12th, 2011, 12:57 AM
First Mate

Default Inoculations

I'd recommend you still check with your local travel vaccination centre for the inoculation you might need.
In our case it was recommended we get Hep A and a Tetanus/Diphtheria shot. As the cruise ship is not in port for more than a day you normally need not worry but as soon as you venture into tropical areas or local food and water, it is good to be prepared
Hepatitis A - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some of the Islands per the World Health Centre still have Dengue fever due to stagnant water with mosquito's so you can obtain and put on a good tropical lotion when walking in shorts and short sleeve shirts much like sun screen.
Take at least sun screen of 30+ and wear a hat when walking for a few hours as the Caribbean sun is very different and enjoyable.

Both are good for several years
Anyhow, your call , just offering some advice to consider
Rob
Web site: http://robbarcruises.wordpress.com/

Last edited by robh; April 12th, 2011 at 01:03 AM.
Old June 18th, 2013, 03:17 AM
Welcome Newcomer

A charge is a papers released to a person which gives him the authorization to journey into a particular nation and remain there for a set time period a charge is a way of authorization for a non-citizen to journey to get into transportation or remain in a particular nation...
Old June 21st, 2013, 11:54 PM
Admiral

Not really an issue here because he has a passport but on this cruise do not believe you actually need a passport. In most of the Caribbean if you are on a closed loop cruise you only need a birth certificate.

Don
Old August 8th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjretired View Post
Not really an issue here because he has a passport but on this cruise do not believe you actually need a passport. In most of the Caribbean if you are on a closed loop cruise you only need a birth certificate.

Don
Every US citizen who travels outside the United States should carry a passport, even though it's still true that in a few special circumstances you might not need one.

The benefits are many. First and foremost, you don't have to consult your tarot cards every time you want to go somewhere to find out if you're legal. With a passport, as Mike and others have said, you're almost always good to go. Just check the State Department website to confirm that you don't need an advance visa, and you're all set.

Most important, having a passport might impel you to USE it to go someplace interesting besides the Caribbean. I'm just sayin'.