Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 25th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Familiar Face

Default CLUB POINTS Honored? RCCI & Celebrity

We've taken several Royal C (6) cruises and several Celebrity (5)cruises...I think RCCI honors Celebrity points but Celebrity does not honor RCCI..

I've received upgrades on RCCI but never on Celebrity ...I can't get a straight answer from Celebrity..any help??? ...TKS

PS... Cruising on 1/28 on the Equinox 10 days can't wait
Sponsored Links
Old January 25th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Whatever highest level of the repeater's programs you achieve on one of the two, you are placed in the equivalent level of the other's repeater program.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 25th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Admiral

Kuki is correct, whatever the highest level is on one you will be given that level on the other. They do not combine points and you have to call the line to get a CC number or an RCI number and then have it applied to your reservation. Call the Captains Club number and give them your RCI number and you will immediately receive a Captains Club number.

Celebrity gives upgrades however they are only inside to inside or outside to outside. The CC upgrades do not apply to veranda, Concierege, Aqua Class or suites. Any other upgrade given is not a Captains Club upgrade.
Old January 27th, 2011, 06:16 AM
First Mate

Just so I understand, let me describe our current situation with Celebrity and RCCL crdits, and state what I think should happen:

We have sailed RCCL twice, and have 3 credits (one sailing was a junior suite);

We have sailed Celebrity more, and after our last voyage, are now at the Elite level;

If I call RCCL (or Celebrity?) and ask them to move us to the equivalent RCCL level, it would be Diamond, right? It does not matter that we already have 2 credits.

Am I correct?

Thanks in advance,

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 27th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Admiral

Yes, you will automatically be given the equivalent status, which I believe is Diamond. Just call and you will be given a number by them and apply it to your next reservation on RC. The two credits now in a sense becomes irrelevent.

Although you will be given the equivalent status, Royal Caribbean just announced a revamping of their program. Heres a link to the press release.

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.z...8604&highlight=
Old January 27th, 2011, 03:42 PM
First Mate

I am Diamond Plus with RCCL and am getting ready to do my first Azamara cruise in April. I will be at the Discoverer level with them, which is the highest since I am at the highest with RCC (the old highest anyway).
OASIS OF THE SEAS - 10/14/14
NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - 11/4/15
NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - 1/11/15
Old February 2nd, 2011, 03:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

I've never had to notify either line about new points. It's in the computer. After my 6/09 cruise X notified me that I had moved up to Elite and soon after, I received a notice that I had moved up to the equivalent level on RCCL too, even though my last cruise on RCCL was 6/06.
Old February 3rd, 2011, 07:06 PM
Admiral

Just so there is no confusion to the OP, you do have to give either cruise line your relevent number when booking. They will automatically give you the points but as the OP asked if you are not a member you have to initally set up your membership with the other line.