Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Still on the fence about a drink package..just a few questions

I am still on the fence about buying a drink package...I found some prices on drinks and want to know from previous cruisers on Celebrity cruise lines is it correct Soda: $1.50
Domestic Beer: $3.50
Imported Beer: $4.25
Cocktail: $4.50
Glass of Wine: $2.50-3.00
Bottle of Wine: $18.00 and up
I have read that premium drinks can cost up to 12.00/each. The question I have is I enjoy coolers...mike's hard lemonade,,smirnoff ice etc....I like to add sprite..to these..no where mentions that the cruise ships offer coolers..if they do what are the prices of these and are they included in a drink package; are all cocktails included in the packages ie: ceasars...and what would be the price of a caesar without a package....

I think that's it...if anyone has anyone can add any additional information for me that would be great.

Thanks Shelley
Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Admiral

These things always look really expensive to me, we like a drink but don't see the advantage of buying these packages.
Old January 28th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to Iamboatman

I think you will find your prices are a bit lower than they are on Celebrity ships. Wine starts at something like $6 and beers at $4.50. I didn't see any bottles of wine for $18. You could buy a quarter bottle thing (335 ml) of a non-descript wine for $9.95.

Also, if you are wanting to mix and match the cost issue sort of goes away. I wasn't looking for it, but do not remember anything like Mike's being available.
Old February 26th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellie62 View Post
I am still on the fence about buying a drink package...I found some prices on drinks and want to know from previous cruisers on Celebrity cruise lines is it correct Soda: $1.50
Domestic Beer: $3.50
Imported Beer: $4.25
Cocktail: $4.50
Glass of Wine: $2.50-3.00
Bottle of Wine: $18.00 and up
I have read that premium drinks can cost up to 12.00/each. The question I have is I enjoy coolers...mike's hard lemonade,,smirnoff ice etc....I like to add sprite..to these..no where mentions that the cruise ships offer coolers..if they do what are the prices of these and are they included in a drink package; are all cocktails included in the packages ie: ceasars...and what would be the price of a caesar without a package....

I think that's it...if anyone has anyone can add any additional information for me that would be great.

Thanks Shelley
Hi Shelley...Celebrity offers several all-inclusive beverage packages. You would be fine with the Classic Beverage Package. On a 7 day cruise it is $390.00 per person and includes any beer, mixers and wine up to $8.00 per glass. The premium package is $490.00 per person for a 7 day cruise and includes any drink up to $12.00 per drink. If you drink regularly on a cruise then its well worth it!

JCRUISE-
Old August 27th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Drinks packages - tips - trips

Drinks
The celebrity drinks packages are confusing, I wonder why???
If you are unsure, wait until you are on board before booking a package. I waited a few days buying drinks and charging them to my room, I then asked at the desk about the details. If I had wanted to, I could have booked the package for the remaining days only.

I chose not to buy the drinks package, as I did not drink enough to warrant it.

Tips
Do not pay for the tips in advance. This is only for the room service and waiters not the drinks etc. On all drinks you pay an additional compulsory gratuity then a tip on top, if you wish to.

I paid for the tips in advance, then tipped the room service guy and the waiters 'again'.

Trips
My advice is, when its quiet go to the desk and tell them you want to visit the destination independently. They will give you enough info to use the public transport or taxis. This is much better fun than sitting on a coach.