CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   Just booked on the Silhouette! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/380521-just-booked-silhouette.html)

nicolinabaybay February 17th, 2011 11:19 AM

Just booked on the Silhouette!

We are excited to say that we booked our honeymoon cruise on the Celebrity silhouette leaving November 30th out of NJ.. :) This ship looks fantastic, cant wait to see the reviews when she finally sails!!:D

johnthed0g February 17th, 2011 11:30 AM

The Solstice class ships ARE fantastic!!

Trip February 17th, 2011 11:58 AM

I am very jealous!:rolleyes: I was on the Eclipse,and heard all about the great things coming for the Silouettes and Reflection...Good for you 2!

cruise47 February 17th, 2011 04:06 PM

Please enjoy your "Honeymoon" on this brand new ship.

The Solstice class ships are "outstanding" !!!!

Manuel February 17th, 2011 05:59 PM

Wow!!!! How exciting to spend your haneymoon on the beautiful Silhouette.

Congratulations.

TM

LosEsco25 February 17th, 2011 09:22 PM

Hey Guys/Girls

Im nicolinabaybay's other half.... can't wait to get on this boat!!

Trip February 17th, 2011 09:51 PM

Hello to you too! Have any questions, we are ready to help you..Congrats guys!!

LosEsco25 February 17th, 2011 09:53 PM

Hey Trip, When does this beauty first set sail? I want to see some actual pictures!!

Trip February 17th, 2011 10:02 PM

Silhouette will depart on her inaugural sailing July 23, 2011 with a 7-night cruise that will include Italy, Germany and Spain. Then, from August to mid-October 2011, she’ll continue with a series of unique 9 to 13-night Mediterranean and Holy Land cruises (round trip from Italy) which, depending on the sailing, will include several ports in Italy as well as Greece, Croatia, Egypt, Greece, Turkey, Jerusalem and / or Isra

Looks like the first US bases cruises will set sail from Cape Liberty on November 6th, those lucky ducks.

LosEsco25 February 18th, 2011 09:49 PM

What is the atmosphere on these type of boats?.... Older , Younger???

Trip February 18th, 2011 09:55 PM

Lou, I was on the media cruise in Miami for a couple of days last November, so I cannot gauge that ship. I have sailed Celebrity before and I think there is a nice blend of ages..This class attracts an upscale group, less kids maybe, and I think you both will enjoy investigating all it has to offer, which is alot!

LosEsco25 February 21st, 2011 10:42 PM

Hey Trip,

What do you know about the Beverage Packages on Celebrity Cruises??

Worth it?

Trip February 21st, 2011 10:46 PM

Lou, I have never purchased a beverage package on any of my cruises. I usually buy 2 bottles of wine for the week at dinner..When you board,there will be a table set up with the packages they offer.....a preview here:)

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beve...erage_packages

LosEsco25 February 21st, 2011 10:50 PM

Yah, wondering if a young couple like us should do something like this... i like the idea of not having to worry about a alcohol tab at the end...

Trip February 21st, 2011 10:57 PM

Lou, I added a post to my link above....

The beverage packages don't include cocktails,and, beer, so if that's what you enjoy, these packages is not for you.

LosEsco25 February 21st, 2011 11:01 PM

Hey Trip thanks for the Link... But i think they might include if im reading correctly

Classic Package

Upgrade your cruise experience and pay one price to enjoy all of the benefits of our Classic Non-Alcoholic package as well as all Beers up to $5 per serving and spirits, cocktails and wines by the glass up to $8 per serving.

Premium Package
For the ultimate in value and convenience, our premium package provides all the benefits of our Premium Non-Alcoholic Package. In addition, you can enjoy our entire selection of Beers as well as Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $12 per serving.

Trip February 21st, 2011 11:03 PM

Lou, thanks for reading further then I did...I would never want to steer you wrong...my bad....:oops:

LosEsco25 February 21st, 2011 11:08 PM

No worries my friend.... :D