Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 24th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default First timer on Celebrity Millenium

Has anyone sailed recently on the Millenium? I read that the ship underwent some renovations a few years ago, is that true? I also hear that it may undergo a major revamping again in 2012 or so.

Just hoping that the ship is as nice as it appears. We're in cabin 7176, has anyone been in that cabin?

Sorry for all the questions. We're getting excited about our cruise which is in May for our anniversary. We had a horrible experience with Princess a couple of years ago and after our 6th cruise with them.. I'm hoping to get hooked on Millie.

Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2011, 01:22 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to richsea

Millennium had a mnior rewfurb in I believe in May of '09, with new carpets & upgrades to some of her statromms, such as flat screen TVs in CC rooms, although we stayed in a 2B in November & had a flat screen TV, & is scheduled to be "Solsticized" in 2012.
It looks like you have on of the rooms with an oversized balcony, which is great.
Our past 3 cruises were on Millennium, & we think that she is in great shape. Yes, I would say that the ship is as nice as she appears. You'll find that she is large, without being too large, & is very easy to navigate.
Have a great cruise!
Old February 28th, 2011, 04:19 AM
Welcome Newcomer

I cruised to Alaska on Princess and the cruise and ship were great. And I have also cruised on the Millenium and it is a great ship also. So you really cannot go wrong with either or the ships or cruise lines; they are comparable in many ways.