CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   ChoiceAir (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/382562-choiceair.html)

green_rd May 19th, 2011 10:49 AM

ChoiceAir

I am considering a repo cruise - Bayonne to San Juan - I have found decent air on the open market. I would like to see what kind of rates are available on ChoiceAir since it is open jaw, and would be willing to pay the extra $ to X for a deal.

The questions:
If I select ChoiceAir when booking do I have to pay the fee even if I don't end up booking air through X
Does ChoiceAir allow for extra days before and after your cruise.

richsea May 20th, 2011 02:52 PM

We used choice air for our Trans-Atlantic (just for the return flight) & flew back 2 days after the cruise ended. I'm pretty sure that you don't pay the fees until you book your flight. We did not choose Choice Air at the time of booking, but added it later. The air fares for our cruise were much cheaper through choice air than if we would have booked on our own. Our non stop American flight from Barcelona was $2600.00 each for a one way flight, & Choice Air was $507.00 each!

Mike M May 22nd, 2011 11:15 AM

Choice Air gives you the flexibility to add pre-cruise or post-cruise time to your vacation. You will not be charged until you actually book. Just remember that pricing is different for the different days you fly out or back. Tuesday's and Wednesday's are "usually" the lower priced days to fly.

Depending on the savings it can offset the hotel and other expenses incurred by changing your departure day. It also allows you more time to enjoy yourself. :D

Take care,
Mike

Dhill May 22nd, 2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green_rd (Post 1371823)
I am considering a repo cruise - Bayonne to San Juan - I have found decent air on the open market. I would like to see what kind of rates are available on ChoiceAir since it is open jaw, and would be willing to pay the extra $ to X for a deal.

The questions:
If I select ChoiceAir when booking do I have to pay the fee even if I don't end up booking air through X
Does ChoiceAir allow for extra days before and after your cruise.

Its been awhile but its time for the dumb question of the day and here we go What is open jaw?:???:

Mike M May 22nd, 2011 03:48 PM

Open Jaw is:

Leaving from one city, flying to another city and then returning from a third city.

i.e. I fly from my home in Minneapolis to Miami. Take a transatlantic cruise and then fly home, to Minneapolis, from London. MSP-MIA LON-MSP.

The name "Open Jaw" comes from the image you would get if you drew the airline portion of your trip on a map. <

Take care,
Mike

Manuel May 30th, 2011 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike M (Post 1372289)
Open Jaw is:

Leaving from one city, flying to another city and then returning from a third city.

Take care,
Mike

There is allways something to learn on these threads.

Thanks for the explanation. I did not know what open jaw was.

TM