Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 9th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default AQ class cabin choice question

Am about to pick AQ cabin my first Soltice class cruise. I am looking at the cabin diagram for Eclipse. Decision seems to be do we pick a forward cabin with easy access to spa and relaxation lounge and possibly subject ourselves to noise from the gym, Aqua Spa cafe kitchen and/or music bass coming from the Observation Lounge two floors above...Or do we pick a less convenient aft cabin which would be quieter because there are cabins above. (Midship is not an alternative in our view because of sun restriction from overhang and noice from pool area above.) I am also a little concerned about vibration towards the aft end of the ship I have experienced on M class ships, but do not know if that is true on S class. Any advice would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old June 9th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Quote:
Originally Posted by egee View Post
Am about to pick AQ cabin my first Soltice class cruise. I am looking at the cabin diagram for Eclipse. Decision seems to be do we pick a forward cabin with easy access to spa and relaxation lounge and possibly subject ourselves to noise from the gym, Aqua Spa cafe kitchen and/or music bass coming from the Observation Lounge two floors above...Or do we pick a less convenient aft cabin which would be quieter because there are cabins above. (Midship is not an alternative in our view because of sun restriction from overhang and noice from pool area above.) I am also a little concerned about vibration towards the aft end of the ship I have experienced on M class ships, but do not know if that is true on S class. Any advice would be appreciated.
Well... I think it depends on YOU. Personally outside noise does not bother me on ships, but I wear ear plugs. I think the ship is pretty well noise-isolated, but I would hate to say that and have you feel otherwise.

How comfortable are you walking a few extra feet? It sounds like you prefer the slightly farther away choice. I personally would feel the movement towards the front of the ship is the biggest factor and I would opt for mid-ships, but thats me.

I can tell you this - these ships do NOT have a vibration problem. They have pods that are very well designed and isolated.
Old June 9th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I tried to get my spa cabin # to help you,but this was the press trip,so it wasn't in my history, but, we felt no vibrations, nor heard no noise. I loved this ship. Here is the gallery, go peek
http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/view.php?id=5332

Ok, I found my cabin number 1596, midship...

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; June 9th, 2011 at 02:12 PM.
Old June 10th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Admiral

Since you are so concerned about the noise, I would go with one of the rooms that have rooms above them. There have been numerous complaints on the S class ships about noise above while staying in the AQ cabins.

Unless you intend to use the spa a great deal, being near the relaxation room to me is not a big deal since I found the room to be highly overated. It really is basically just a room with couches in it.
Old June 10th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I have never stayed in a Spa cabin. It might be nice to be close to the thelassotherapy pool, steam rooms, etc. But a few extra steps wouldn't bother me.

DKJ - glad to see you know about noise complaints there, though. I was not aware of that.
Old June 10th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Another thing about these cabins is..I was told that, every other cabin, has the couch and the bed placment reversed. We had the couch next to the closet,and it was really a pain to access the far end. If so, and,there were no bedside table on the closet side, I wonder if it would be any easier to get to that side of the closet.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 11th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
I have never stayed in a Spa cabin. It might be nice to be close to the thelassotherapy pool, steam rooms, etc. But a few extra steps wouldn't bother me.

DKJ - glad to see you know about noise complaints there, though. I was not aware of that.
Paul:

Most of the complaints are little things that can be annoying since the pool deck is directly above. Moving chairs and kitchen in AQua spa cafe seem to be the biggest problem although occasionally noise from entertainment at the pool pops up.

Good spots appear to be below the hair and nail salon since they don't open until later. I was near the main elevator bank and loved it, we walked a few feet to the elevator and than anywhere on the ship.

Two things with the verandas, first, many have such an overhang you will not get any sun no matter the time of day. Second, if you want to sit out there in the evening and read bring a light. A big mistake on the S class ships is no lights on the verandas.