Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 18th, 2011, 05:54 PM
First Mate

You are definitely not alone. I sailed on the Celebrity Century - 7 day cruise in a balcony suite. The waiter at dinner went out of his way on a nightly basis to be verbally abusive to me. I am not a picky person at all and never said an unkind word to him. The safe in the cabin was too small to fit all of our valuables so I stuffed my cell phone into the very bottom of a locked (very full) carry on bag. Came back one day after activities at port to find room cleaned and luggage broken into..cell phone gone. It was the only thing of value not locked up in the safe. That is pretty sad that if its not NAILED DOWN, it WILL get stolen. The wait staff seemed blase' overall (at best), my personal waiter at dinner every night was actually abusive to me each and every night..the girls at the spa did not want to be there (massage not worth the money). The one who did my massage informed me she was quitting and this was her last sail...I really enjoyed myself only OFFBOARD and away from the ship. I reported my experience and the theft to Celebrity and they completely blew me off. The port stops were great and thats about all that I can say that was good about this cruise.
Old October 18th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to fun2cruiz

Wow.... what an extreme opposite to my past =x= cruise experiences. I have never had a rude waiter or staff member as you mention, not anything ever stolen from our stateroom. I have always left out a couple $5 and $10 bills on the dressing area table in plain view, and they have never been touced on any cruise, with any cruiseline. Stateroom safes are small (regaqrdless of cruiseline) and not much to fit in but cruiselines do offer safe deposit boxes at the guest services desk and are complimentary to passengers who need more space to store valuables. We have always felt the safe met our needs to store anything of great value, but perhaos you had more valuable items than we carry with us !

Either way..... I hope what ever cruiseline you choose in the future, meets your needs and expectations.

"January"
Blizzard Flavored Treat & Cake Of The Month
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Old October 18th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Admiral

I never had a bad experience on Celebrity or any other cruiseline. But I will never take any abuse from a waiter or any other member of the crew.
I have also never worried about anything of value left in the cabin.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old October 19th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorklr45 View Post
You are definitely not alone. I sailed on the Celebrity Century - 7 day cruise in a balcony suite. The waiter at dinner went out of his way on a nightly basis to be verbally abusive to me. I am not a picky person at all and never said an unkind word to him. The safe in the cabin was too small to fit all of our valuables so I stuffed my cell phone into the very bottom of a locked (very full) carry on bag. Came back one day after activities at port to find room cleaned and luggage broken into..cell phone gone. It was the only thing of value not locked up in the safe. That is pretty sad that if its not NAILED DOWN, it WILL get stolen. The wait staff seemed blase' overall (at best), my personal waiter at dinner every night was actually abusive to me each and every night..the girls at the spa did not want to be there (massage not worth the money). The one who did my massage informed me she was quitting and this was her last sail...I really enjoyed myself only OFFBOARD and away from the ship. I reported my experience and the theft to Celebrity and they completely blew me off. The port stops were great and that's about all that I can say that was good about this cruise.
Well, I am sorry about your cellphone but you DO know you could have reported that waiter to the head waiter or matr'd and also changed tables? I think I would have changed after this happened a second time-I would give the guy the benefit of doubt once-but not over once.

The only thing I have ever had stolen on any cruise was a brooch on my formal gown. We were cruising RCI Sovereign of the Seas back in 99. However, we had flown to Miami that cruise and I had stupidly pinned the brooch on the gown before leaving and so it was in my hangup bag. Whether it was an airline employee or a cruiseship employee who stole this-who knows?

At least it was less than $30 and I learned a valuable lesson-never pack jewelry in luggage.

My cellphone I leave in my purse-which I put in the bottom of the closet, or on a shelf in the closet-as my wallet is in the safe. Never worried about my cellphone-but then it just a simple phone-not worth much.

My husband has brought his laptop and he leaves it in plain view-never was taken and we never feared it would be.

I have now achieved-
ONE HUNDRED DAYS ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
139 days total

Booked: Celebrity Silhouette November 23, 2014
Old October 19th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Admiral

Always used a TA . A TA works for you and not the cruise line.
Cruise Vacation Planners work for the cruise line not you.

The only problem we had was that we gave the TA my DW wrong given name and not the name she goes by.

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Old December 10th, 2011, 12:46 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulJude View Post
Are my partner and I the only ones who have had a hellious experience with Celebrity? Made reservations for the new Silouhette. Despite multiple calls....multiple corrections....15-20 minutes on hold for customer service, they repeatedly got our reservations wrong. Wrong name, email, etc. And when we finally got to customer service after about a hundred calls.....the response was "so we made a little mistake, so what". We were left feeling like the day of the cruise, we would show up at the dock and the would say "Sorry Paul, there's no reservation in that name". We cancelled right then and there. We'll stay with Seaborne and Regent.
I hace been on Royal Car, Celebrity and Princess.

Celebrity best cruiseline for me.
Old December 10th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Admiral

I am going to be on my first Celebrity cruise in March ,2012 .I've only heard wonderful things about this cruise line .
Old December 10th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Admiral

I think that Celebrity is great myself and we have enjoyed all our Celebrity cruises.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old December 10th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Admiral

I remember you telling me that ,Manuel .
Old December 25th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulJude View Post
Are my partner and I the only ones who have had a hellious experience with Celebrity? Made reservations for the new Silouhette. Despite multiple calls....multiple corrections....15-20 minutes on hold for customer service, they repeatedly got our reservations wrong. Wrong name, email, etc. And when we finally got to customer service after about a hundred calls.....the response was "so we made a little mistake, so what". We were left feeling like the day of the cruise, we would show up at the dock and the would say "Sorry Paul, there's no reservation in that name". We cancelled right then and there. We'll stay with Seaborne and Regent.
Sounds like post is advertising for Seaborne and Regent

Deb and I have had over 20 cruises (17 with Celebrity). We used a TA our first cruise and sat there as she called the cruise lines for a price. Before we cruised, the price went down on a Friday night but the TA was not available until Monday...price had gone back up Nothing wrong in using a TA but would rather manage my own reservations. I deal directly with a Captains Club Rep and have never had a problem. I always research the cruise before calling and have found prices to be the same as booking Celebrity direct. I have never waited more than a minute to speak to someone.

Regardless if you use a TA or do it yourself, nothing is better than a Caribbean cruise in the cold month of Jan Our best wishes to all for a wonderful Christmas and New Year.