CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   Partially Obstructed Aqua Class - Solstice (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/384768-partially-obstructed-aqua-class-solstice.html)

Sid1962 September 4th, 2011 06:35 PM

Partially Obstructed Aqua Class - Solstice
 
We are considering an April 2012 cruise aboard Solstice, and saw that at the moment the only Aqua class room left was something labelled "partially obstructed..."

Does anyone know what the obstruction might be?

Thanks in advance,

dkjretired September 5th, 2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid1962 (Post 1390851)
We are considering an April 2012 cruise aboard Solstice, and saw that at the moment the only Aqua class room left was something labelled "partially obstructed..."

Does anyone know what the obstruction might be?

Thanks in advance,

Can't tell for certain unless you provide the room number. Most of the time the obstruction is a lifeboat or the Cleaning equipment..

Trip September 5th, 2011 11:15 AM

We had an Aqua Class cabin on the Eclipse..I would take a regular balcony over an obstructed Aqua Class, no matter how little it was obstructed.

Were you planning on really using all the spa options, connected with having that cabin?

dkjretired September 5th, 2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1390949)
We had an Aqua Class cabin on the Eclipse..I would take a regular balcony over an obstructed Aqua Class, no matter how little it was obstructed.

Were you planning on really using all the spa options, connected with having that cabin?

The main reason most people take AQ is not for the Spa Options but for Blu, its like eating in a Specialty restaurant every night. The Spa options if you actually have used them are very superficial.

Trip September 5th, 2011 02:27 PM

While we were Aqua Class, I was not assigned to dine in that gorgeous dining room on the media cruise. With so many great dining options,and dining in Blu, maybe a couple/few times during the cruise, would not warrant booking Aqua Class..I want to spread myself around;)

Sid1962 September 5th, 2011 05:27 PM

We do book AQ for Blu primarily. As well, the amenities are nice, and last time we booked it was less expensive than concierge.

Below is a list of the cabins that are "partially obstructed."


1559, 1563, 1564, 1565, 1566, 1567, 1568, 1570, 1571, 1572, 1574, 1578, 1580, 1584, 1586.



I should have also mentioned that the partially obstructed description is not from Celebity's site, but rather a TA site we have used before. I am betting that the site is incorrect, and may somehow be referring to the overhang.



I will check Celebrity and see.



Thanks for the replies. I will let you know what I find out.

Sid1962 September 5th, 2011 05:33 PM

Form Celebity's site:

Staterooms 1547, 1549, 1552 and 1554 have partially obstructed views.
Maybe the widow washing equipment?

kandajones September 6th, 2011 07:52 AM

We had an Aqua class room on Eclipse, and presuming that Solstice has the same set up, can only say that unless you get one of the rooms with the extended balcony (see the odd shaped ones at either end of the Aqua suites) then even a full view balcony looked disappointing. They are set so far back and under the bodywork of the ship, that the sun rarely hit those balconies.

I'll check our pics to see if any give you a visual of the outside.

Alan & Katrina

dkjretired September 6th, 2011 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid1962 (Post 1390998)
Form Celebity's site:


Staterooms 1547, 1549, 1552 and 1554 have partially obstructed views.



Maybe the widow washing equipment?

Sid:

I sent you a private message with some info....

kandajones September 6th, 2011 01:47 PM

Photos now posted
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kandajones (Post 1391073)
I'll check our pics to see if any give you a visual of the outside.

Hi again, I have uploaded 4 photo's that give good views of the Aqua balconies .... CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums - kandajones's Album: =X= Eclipse Aqua pics

They are the one's underneath the very wide overhand with the supporting poles (maybe that's what they mean by patially obstructed?)

Hope the pics help,

Alan.

stonecandy September 6th, 2011 01:56 PM

yes the life boats hang partially in front of your veranda. The same thing happened to us and we had to change levels and pay more.

kandajones September 6th, 2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonecandy (Post 1391113)
yes the life boats hang partially in front of your veranda. The same thing happened to us and we had to change levels and pay more.

Ahhh, I hadn't realised that Aqua Suites were on multiple decks, yes hanging lifeboats would make more sense ;)

Alan.

Sid1962 September 6th, 2011 06:06 PM

I do not think that Aqua cabins are other than on the Penthouse deck, the deck below the pool deck. Life boats are several decks below that.

As for the overhang, we love it. We can sit out in the rain or hot sun and be protected from the elements. We always try to get a cabin on the deck below the pool deck even on M class ships.

We are seriously thinking of a back to back in Aqua, so we shall see.

Thanks to all for your comments.

DKJ, I got your email and will follow up. Thanks,

dkjretired September 6th, 2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kandajones (Post 1391124)
Ahhh, I hadn't realised that Aqua Suites were on multiple decks, yes hanging lifeboats would make more sense ;)

Alan.

The Aqua Class cabins are all on one deck but the numbers run in the 1500s and 1600s. There will not be any Aqua Suites until Reflection comes out...

dkjretired September 6th, 2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid1962 (Post 1391144)
I do not think that Aqua cabins are other than on the Penthouse deck, the deck below the pool deck. Life boats are several decks below that.

As for the overhang, we love it. We can sit out in the rain or hot sun and be protected from the elements. We always try to get a cabin on the deck below the pool deck even on M class ships.

We are seriously thinking of a back to back in Aqua, so we shall see.

Thanks to all for your comments.

DKJ, I got your email and will follow up. Thanks,

Sid:

I had 1601, great cabin with huge veranda, no noise and right near the elevators, convienent to everything.

Whichever you choose, if you use it at night for reading, etc. bring a reading light, there are no lights on any of the verandas on the S class ships...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1