Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 23rd, 2011, 03:43 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Blu

Is Blu for Aqua Class only or can all suites dine there?
Sponsored Links
Old October 23rd, 2011, 04:03 PM
Admiral

Well I had a look at the website & it isn't particularly clear but I think you can, so can children accompanied by an adult. Someone will know we have not been that high up!
Old October 23rd, 2011, 04:16 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Blu

Thanks I hope we can get to try it
Old October 23rd, 2011, 04:26 PM
Admiral

All the special restaurants on a Solstice class are superb, our favourite was Tuscan, Murano was wonderful but a bit stuffy/quiet, Qsine is odd you like it or you don't, the MDR was very good too.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 06:28 PM
First Mate

It is my understanding anyone can dine there however there is a small charge of $5.00.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 06:49 PM
Admiral

[QUOTE=big apple;1398189]It is my understanding anyone can dine there however there is a small charge of $5.00.[/QUOTE
I am fairly sure this is wrong, ''Bistro on 5'' is $5 cover but I am pretty sure Blu is for Aqua & above as their main dining venue.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 09:59 PM
Admiral

Blu is for Aqua class cabins only with the only exception being suites if space if available. Suites pay $5.00 PP and on some cruises it is available and others it is not. They also are very strict about only AQ cabins eating in Blu. If you are traveling with someone who does not have an AQ cabin they cannot eat in Blu with you unless they are in a suite. This is applicable at Breakfast also.

Any child who is staying in an AQ cabin can eat in Blu however this is unsual since AQ cabins are strictly limited to two people in a room. A child who is staying with their parents in a suite can also eat there.

Don
Old October 24th, 2011, 04:23 AM
Admiral

Default Question for Don ....

Hi Don, we found that the same rules applied, if other suites wanted to eat in Blu, they had to wait for an opportunity to do so. But the one thing that left us wondering, and never got round to asking is ...

Where do the guests in the more expensive suites eat? are they back in the MDR ?

Alan.
followed by: Queen Elizabeth December 2014

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam
Old October 24th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandajones View Post
Hi Don, we found that the same rules applied, if other suites wanted to eat in Blu, they had to wait for an opportunity to do so. But the one thing that left us wondering, and never got round to asking is ...

Where do the guests in the more expensive suites eat? are they back in the MDR ?

Alan.
Yes, suites designated dining room is the Main Dining Room. Blu replaces the Main Dining room for Aqua Class passengers.....

Just as a point since a couple of posters referred to Aqua Class as a suite. They are not suites and do not have a butler. Celebrity Reflection will have a new category of Aqua Class suites with more room and all the benefits of a suite including a Butler but that will only be on Reflection.

By the way, Blu is wonderful...The menu is totally different than the MDR and they have three everynight items.

Last edited by dkjretired; October 24th, 2011 at 08:29 AM.
Old October 24th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthed0g View Post
Well I had a look at the website & it isn't particularly clear but I think you can, so can children accompanied by an adult. Someone will know we have not been that high up!
John:

If you have a cruise booked, check for upgrades. I got an AQ upgrade from an inside cabin for $100pp. Grabbed that in a second.
Old October 24th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjretired View Post
John:

If you have a cruise booked, check for upgrades. I got an AQ upgrade from an inside cabin for $100pp. Grabbed that in a second.
Very nice!!

Hawaii By land x 2
Paris and German Christmas Markets
Old October 24th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjretired View Post
John:

We got an upgrade from a balcony to concierge, apart from quicker embarkation there was no difference. To be honest our Eclipse cruise was a short one & we tried ALL the restaurants, so Blu would have been wasted on us that time. You got a good deal there though.
Old October 24th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthed0g View Post
We got an upgrade from a balcony to concierge, apart from quicker embarkation there was no difference. To be honest our Eclipse cruise was a short one & we tried ALL the restaurants, so Blu would have been wasted on us that time. You got a good deal there though.
I agree with you about concierge, I find many of the benefits are non existent or can be had by everyone on the ship. The only real benefit to CC cabins is on the M class ships where the CC cabins are bigger and have larger verandas. On S class ships they are all the same size.

Don