Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 26th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Eclipse Reviews

Maybe I am just not doing something right but does anyone know why the Eclipse isn't on the drop down menus for Meet on Board or why there are no reviews yet?
Old October 26th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Admiral

Maybe nobody has done a review or organised a meet?
Old October 26th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi, Dont be demoralised.May be somebody review the meet.

Thank you
Old October 26th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Here is the page for Meet on board the Eclipse. I was on the media cruise last November, and, I posted pictures in the gallery, and, did a mini review.

Meet on Board: Eclipse - CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

Eclipse Media Cruise

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/view.php?id=5332

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/view.php?id=5331

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; October 26th, 2011 at 06:01 PM.
Old October 26th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Admiral

I have done a short cruise on Eclipse if I can help just ask.
Old November 12th, 2011, 03:52 AM
Banned
Familiar Face

I`m guessing this would be more then enough to find what you are looking for...

Celebrity Eclipse Reviews - Celebrity Cruises
Old November 26th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

I just got off the cruise from hell on this vessel today. Had so many problems, starting from day 1.
Lost hub's suitcase which held his formal clothes and later found them in Security. They called us for him to come down to pick it up. Needless to say, a member of Guest Relations went down personally to retrieve it and deliver it to our cabin.
They overcharged us over $400 on our wine/champagne bill because of a computer glitch (but the charge was approved by both someliere--who was a sweet adorable young woman that I just loved! and the cellar master himself).
They submitted charges on our account without telling us first what they were for (I was looking at Cel's cookbook and said I liked it and would probably order it--staff member ordered it for me without telling me she was doing so--I inquired about the charge at Guest Relations and was told the charge was for this plus s&h).
WARNING, WARNING: EXTREMELY POORLY RUN PHOTO DEPT (but the photographers were very professional and pleasant--problem with software and they were deluged by orders, software breaking down, could not view photos in kiosks which went down often...At 1 am last night, there were over 100 people in a few lines waiting for their packages, photos all over the place, people on the floor looking through the photos, kiosks frequently going down...)
One shore excursion (Best of St Maarten) not great as we were told that there were too many of us cruise passengers at their resort for their liking and hub and I waited a long time before they took OUR food order and then delivered it only 30 min before we had to leave there...
Someone cancelled our reservations at T.Grille (we still want to know who did this and why) but was later reinstated (we ate there and prepaid every night)...
Word to the wise--be careful of photos, and don't pre-book spec restaurant reservations before time--we did, and found out on board, first night those not prebooking got 20% off, second nite--they got 30% off. We told them we thought we were being penalized by paying full fare for entire 7 nites and they compromised--gave us full refund (shipboard credit) and charged us 20% each nite (@$12 savings x 7).
Food in TG consistently inconsistent--some nights had a repeat of same dish which tasted and looked different from the prior occasion, but still delicious. Staff there awesome!!!!
Ship beautiful and well kept.
Issues with some staff members (many passengers voiced this complaint), and other staff members were great!
However, when we voiced our complaints to those higher up (Hotel Director, Concierge, Chief of Housekeeping, Cellar Master), most of all complaints resolved before end of cruise and they kept in touch with us periodically during the cruise to make sure everything ok. They comp'd us spa treatments, choc covered strawberries and champage in our cabin, a huge beautiful flower arrangement, a free CD of cruise events, and refunded a portion of shore excursion.
However, another MAJOR issue with another Guest Relations person late last night which proved to be the straw which broke the camel's back...
Have one more Xmas cruise on Millenium already paid for (including reserv at Olympic restaurant every night) but cancelled my BD cruise on Solstice. Will be sailing on HAL, NCL, Princess, and Seaborn from now on.
Hope you have better luck on your cruise.
PS We also had over 800 kids on board...
Old December 30th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2katz3fsh View Post
Word to the wise--be careful of photos, and don't pre-book spec restaurant reservations before time--we did, and found out on board, first night those not prebooking got 20% off, second nite--they got 30% off. We told them we thought we were being penalized by paying full fare for entire 7 nites and they compromised--gave us full refund (shipboard credit) and charged us 20% each nite (@$12 savings x 7). .
We're sailing Eclipse in about 6 weeks and pre-booked Qsine. Friends advised us to book in advance because reservations fill up pretty quickly. Was Qsine one of the restaurants that offers % off after boarding? How easy/difficult was it for you to get an OBC for the difference? I may just cancel once we board, and then re-book the reservation right away.
Old December 30th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

TravlGrl, we prepaid online for every night to indulge in Tuscan Grille. In the first daily program, they printed that anyone who wanted to go to specialty restaurant, they would get a 20% discount. We said nothing the first night. However, day 2 showed in the daily program that those wishing to go to specialty restaurants would get 30% off. (It did not say which restaurants, so I presume it meant all of them.) At that point, we questioned them and mentioned that since we prepaid for all 7 nights,we felt penalized by paying full amount. They reimbursed us full amount ($420) to our account, then charged us minus 20% nightly.
I do not know if Qsine filled up every night--it was smaller than TG, however. Some nights, ours was filled to capacity (we ate at 8:30 pm) when we went in or the tables were used as evidenced by empty wine glasses, no place settings, etc...
Some of the passengers we spoke with enjoyed it (edited to add that I am now speaking about Qsine and not TG) tremendously although they did say that after a while, the waiter would bring out what he wanted to bring out anyway, if they had ordered it or not. They said there was a great deal of food consumed and they were there for a prolonged period of time. However, having said that, they enjoyed it and had lots of fun there. I'm sure you will enjoy it!
PS Was on Millenium over Christmas and in no way, shape, or form, did we have any of the problems we've encountered on Eclipse. We were on Century in July and are Elite members. At the end of the cruise, we kept saying, "Well, there is the Eclipse, and then there is Celebrity." This was the Celebrity we knew and loved (Millenium x 2/Century x 2, Horizon x 2, and other ships when Celeb was Chandris).
Hope you have fun on your cruise!

Last edited by 2katz3fsh; December 30th, 2011 at 07:15 PM. Reason: added which ship I was referring to
Old December 30th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

I'm sorry, but I just reread my post #7 in this thread. I wrote the wrong amount. The $12/day were our gratuities (concierge cabin). The fee charged by TG was $30/nite x 2 people @7 nites = 420--this was the amount we prepaid on line before time and were reimbursed to our ship board account when we questioned them. We were then charged the usual rate of $30/nite x 2 people @7 nights with a 20% discount nightly. Make sense?