Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 30th, 2011, 10:52 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Question No Thalassotherapy Pool on S Class ships?

We've only sailed on the M Class ships and are thinking of booking a trip on one of the S Class ships but heard there isn't a Thalassotherapy pool on the Solstace class ships. Is this true? From reading the information on Celebrity's website they refer to "Solarium Pools" on all of the ships with no reference to them being a Thalassotherapy pool. When I talked with a Celebrity agent they said the Solarium pool is the Thalassotherapy pool but I see comments to the contrary on this site. Has anyone actually sailed on both the M Class and S Class ships? If so can you comment on this. We love the Thassotherapy pool on the M Class ships and this is one of the main reasons we have repeatedly chose Celebrity. We're booked in one of the new Aquaclass cabins on deck 11 of the Summit this February. We can't wait. We've always stayed in Concierage Class in the past. It sounds like having "Blu" as our assigned restaurant is worth the extra for Aquaclass.
Sponsored Links
Old October 31st, 2011, 05:54 AM
Admiral

If you mean the wonderful pool on "Connie" I can confirm I saw nothing like that on Eclipse, just an indoor pool in an attractive sunny, light solarium area but not the same sort as on Constellation. I retrograde step I feel.
Old October 31st, 2011, 08:08 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibvo View Post
We've only sailed on the M Class ships and are thinking of booking a trip on one of the S Class ships but heard there isn't a Thalassotherapy pool on the Solstace class ships. Is this true? From reading the information on Celebrity's website they refer to "Solarium Pools" on all of the ships with no reference to them being a Thalassotherapy pool. When I talked with a Celebrity agent they said the Solarium pool is the Thalassotherapy pool but I see comments to the contrary on this site. Has anyone actually sailed on both the M Class and S Class ships? If so can you comment on this. We love the Thassotherapy pool on the M Class ships and this is one of the main reasons we have repeatedly chose Celebrity. We're booked in one of the new Aquaclass cabins on deck 11 of the Summit this February. We can't wait. We've always stayed in Concierage Class in the past. It sounds like having "Blu" as our assigned restaurant is worth the extra for Aquaclass.
One of the main complaints about the S class ships is that they don't have a t pool. The Solarium is very nice however...
Old October 31st, 2011, 08:09 AM
First Mate

There are (as yet, he said wishfully) no T-pools on S-class ships.

We have sailed M-and S- class both, and can tell you that while there is as has been said, a Solarium pool, it is not the same as the T-pools. It is not heated, nor does it have the side bars that have the bubbles.

If you are sailing Summit in Aqua, you will have the best of both worlds, as Summit has the T-pool, and now Blu, which is really good.

Celebrity has "Solticized" the M-class ships. Perhaps it is now time to rethink the Solarium pool on the S class to make it a T-pool. As I said before, that would be the best of both worlds.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 31st, 2011, 12:15 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Yes - it is too bad. I never understand it when cruise lines decide to take away (not include) something popular on their previous ships.
Old November 11th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Admiral

I would be happy to pay an extra fee for those pools as I do when I sail HAL or NCL. What was Celebrity thinking not putting these on the newer ships? They could charge-as the other lines do.

Oh well we plan to cruise the Connie in early 2013 for a little 4 day. I will have it then.

I have now achieved-
ONE HUNDRED DAYS ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
139 days total

Booked: Celebrity Silhouette November 23, 2014
Old November 11th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Admiral

On Connie it was good because it was good, it was better because it was free!! Our favourite area on any ship we have been on, only thing was it was adults only as I recall & people didn't seem to think it applied to THEM.
Old November 11th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Familiar Face

Default Solarium pool

Can you swim laps in the Solarium pool?
Old November 11th, 2011, 12:03 PM
First Mate

A couple of answers......

It would be difficult to swim laps in the Solarium pool as it is not that large. Google some pictures of Solstice, and you will see.

As for adults only, when we were on Connie earlier this year, a couple with childern did go into the solarium area and start using both the T-pool as wel as the hot tubs.

Being the bad guy I am, I notified an officer, and they were spoken to and left. I have no qualms about doing that. Adults only means adults only. Celebrity could put up more visible signage to that effect aslo.

Read and post cruise reviews