CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   What not to forget? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/386396-what-not-forget.html)

Mamouchou December 6th, 2011 07:53 PM

What not to forget?

Hi, we will be on the Summit in a few months for the Southern Carribean cruise. It's our first. What would you never forget to bring on a cruise? What would you never do again? What is a must?

Thanks!

Trip December 6th, 2011 08:28 PM

Never forget to....Bring along a power strip for your electronics

Don't.... over plan your day.

Must... try the optional dining venues.

fun2cruiz December 6th, 2011 08:44 PM

Power strips can be useful "IF" you have a variety of items that need charging or using at the same time. Personally I have never found the need for them, but some bring so many electronic devices it is necessary with the limited # of outlets provided in staterooms.

* Don't forget proof of citizenship, i.e. valid passport or birth certificate and photo ID's.
* Don't forget to bring extra cash in small bills for additional gratuities you may or may not provide to staff, taxi drivers, porters, tour guides, etc.
* Don't forget 1-2 c.cards as back up for shopping and onboard expenses charged to your account.
* An over the door shoe holder works well for cosmetics and personal hygiene items and to free up limited storage and counter space in bathrooms or stateroom.
* Don't overpack..... most 1st timers pack 50% more clothing then they will actually use.

Enjoy all the ship has to offer and get out there and explore the exotic ports of call you will be visiting and don't forget to RELAX..... you are on vacation ! :)

Lakers Fan December 6th, 2011 08:57 PM

Never forget your passport .If your physical appearance has changed since your passport photo ,be sure to have up to date photo ID .

KDGodwin December 7th, 2011 03:50 AM

Sunscreen

My Husband and I forgot to bring sunscreen on our 8 day Mexican Riviera cruise for our Honeymoon. We didn't think to buy any on board either. After a full day on the beach in Cabo, we were burnt to a crisp! We couldn't touch each other the rest of the cruise!! lol!

Trip December 7th, 2011 10:04 AM

Make sure to pack a mini medicine cabinet. Whatever you forget, will be costly onboard, or, in port, if they even have anything close to what you would want.

I also bring a travel hair dryer, because sometimes, they don't work, or, are not enough wattage..holding the button down to continously dry, as many of them, is a pain.

Mike M December 7th, 2011 10:10 AM

Passport
Credit Card.
Medications.

All the rest of the "stuff" is optional.

Take care,
Mike

Mamouchou December 7th, 2011 12:36 PM

Thanks a lot to all of you!!

Do we need an adaptor for electricity? (I'm from Canada)...

fun2cruiz December 7th, 2011 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mamouchou (Post 1404695)
Thanks a lot to all of you!!

Do we need an adaptor for electricity? (I'm from Canada)...

Nope... same as in the US and onboard ships.

green_rd December 7th, 2011 01:50 PM

Sense of Adventure
Sense of Humor
Common Sense

Lakers Fan December 7th, 2011 02:36 PM

Bob

Quote:

Originally Posted by green_rd (Post 1404711)
Sense of Adventure
Sense of Humor
Common Sense

An absolute must

dkjretired December 8th, 2011 09:16 PM

Another absolute must is to come a day prior to your cruise and stay at a hotel. This is especially important if flying from a bad weather location but also makes your first day on the ship a lot nicer...

Mamouchou December 9th, 2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry43 (Post 1404725)
An absolute must

Noted! No problem... ;)

Mamouchou December 9th, 2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkjretired (Post 1404925)
Another absolute must is to come a day prior to your cruise and stay at a hotel. This is especially important if flying from a bad weather location but also makes your first day on the ship a lot nicer...

Thanks! We already reserved our flight a day before the cruise. :)

Dhill December 9th, 2011 07:39 PM

A good pair of walking shoes for your days in port.:)