Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 13th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Bayonne, NJ Boarding

Last time we used the Bayonne departure it was necessary to be bussed to the ship. Then it was necessary to walk up three or four levels on a open scaffold type structure. That was about three years ago. Is it different now? We are leaving on Silhouette in Feb, have severe back issues and really worried. I realize you must be taken by bus to the ship after check in. But climbing steps in winter weather is not high on my list of fun things. Thanks for any info.
Sponsored Links
Old January 13th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Admiral

Default OMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jv252 View Post
Last time we used the Bayonne departure it was necessary to be bussed to the ship. Then it was necessary to walk up three or four levels on a open scaffold type structure. That was about three years ago. Is it different now? We are leaving on Silhouette in Feb, have severe back issues and really worried. I realize you must be taken by bus to the ship after check in. But climbing steps in winter weather is not high on my list of fun things. Thanks for any info.
I hope that is not so .I am cruising from there in March and I too have medical issues that would prevent me from doing that . How did people with wheelchairs board the ship ?
Old January 14th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Admiral

The situation has not changed, still need to be bussed...Not sure of the scaffold...
Old January 17th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Familiar Face

If memory serves me correct, you do not need to walk the scaffolding ramps; I believe you enter on a lower desk and can take an elevator up to whatever deck you desire.
At the very least, when you get to the pier to express you concerns, and I am sure there will be staff there to assist you.