Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 12th, 2012, 04:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Keep in mind, Royal Caribbean ships are all named, (name) and then, of the Sea...Celebrity aren't.

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 12th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry43 View Post
According to the internet they are Royal Caribbean .

As far as your sarcasm I will not reply to it .
I don't know what sarcasm you are talking about, all I said was I think your friends may be confused about which line they were on that had the welcome aboard lunch.

Horizon and Zenith are now assigned to Pullmantur cruises which is a branch of the corporation Royal Caribbean just as Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and Azamara cruises are. Century is currently still in the Celebrity fleet. Horizon and Zenith were Celebrity's first new builds...

Don
Old February 12th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Admiral

Quote:
To iterate or re-iterate .I will be on Celebrity next month .If there is not a Welcome Aboard Lunch I will post so here .

There are many more important things in this world than to debate this continuously .
Then why do you keep posting? and I am trying just to help you out as you seem to be a bit prickly reading into posts things not intended-and then you take a tone in your posts. I posted several of my posts back that you needed to check with your travel agent or Celebrity since none of us (even a veteran like Djretired) can help you.

BTW Linda Trip is the moderator.

BTW Celebrity is part of Royal Caribbean International Corporation. So is Azamara.

It is similar to HAL, Princess, and Cunard being part of Carnival Corporation . Separate and very different cruise lines owned by the same corporation that owns Carnival Cruiseline.

Another analogy is Sears and K-Mart-to very different stores but owned by the same corporation.

Or Taco Bell, Kentucky Fried Chicken, and Pizza Hut, all being owned by the same corporation.

I have now achieved-
ONE HUNDRED DAYS ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
139 days total

Booked: Celebrity Constellation November 24, 2014
Old February 12th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Admiral

Default My response

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg View Post
Then why do you keep posting? and I am trying just to help you out as you seem to be a bit prickly reading into posts things not intended-and then you take a tone in your posts. I posted several of my posts back that you needed to check with your travel agent or Celebrity since none of us (even a veteran like Djretired) can help you.

BTW Linda Trip is the moderator.

BTW Celebrity is part of Royal Caribbean International Corporation. So is Azamara.

It is similar to HAL, Princess, and Cunard being part of Carnival Corporation . Separate and very different cruise lines owned by the same corporation that owns Carnival Cruiseline.

Another analogy is Sears and K-Mart-to very different stores but owned by the same corporation.

Or Taco Bell, Kentucky Fried Chicken, and Pizza Hut, all being owned by the same corporation.
This reminds me of my days when I was on my college debating team.

1) Linda is one of the Moderators .I thought that Linda was implying something and said if I am wrong I apologize .

2)I am aware that Celebrity and RCI are the same corporation .However ,not being a seasoned cruiser I am not privy to the names of every ship .
Old February 13th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Admiral

I have a friend living in Texas who has cruised 10 times with Celebrity . I was e-mailing him earlier and a thought popped in my mind that I should ask him about the Welcome Aboard Lunch . He said that there is NOT a welcome aboard lunch but that returning cruisers who are ELITE get invited to a lunch on the last day of the cruise .
Old February 14th, 2012, 12:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
I have a friend living in Texas who has cruised 10 times with Celebrity . I was e-mailing him earlier and a thought popped in my mind that I should ask him about the Welcome Aboard Lunch . He said that there is NOT a welcome aboard lunch .

Gee Henry... I think that's what everyone here was telling you. Guess since you didn't believe them, you should have just emailed your friend in Texas, rather than even posting the question here
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 14th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Admiral

Default KMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki View Post
Gee Henry... I think that's what everyone here was telling you. Guess since you didn't believe them, you should have just emailed your friend in Texas, rather than even posting the question here

Kuki :

This morning I was speaking to a neighbor who told me that he was on a Celebrity ship lunch for Elite members .

I will just have to wait till I get on board .
Old February 15th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Kuki :

This morning I was speaking to a neighbor who told me that he was on a Celebrity ship lunch for Elite members .

I will just have to wait till I get on board .
Your neighbor was wrong.....
Old February 15th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Admiral

I'm not convinced yet ,sorry .
Old February 15th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Banned
Captain

Quote:
I'm not convinced yet ,sorry .
Try trusting some of us..You might be surprised at how accurate the info is.
Old February 15th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

The purpose of this board, is to help cruisers, and, to disperse information, offer opinions, from a wide range of cruisers, and chit chat about the given topic.

From newbies to experts, we have given help on the toipic...Don't know what more we can say...we tried,and tried some more.

Henry, walk onboard next month, & personally see that your friend remembered things slightly different, then what will be offerred to your group.

We are obviously not saying what you want to hear...should we lock the thread?

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 15th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Admiral

Default Linda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
The purpose of this board, is to help cruisers, and, to disperse information, offer opinions, from a wide range of cruisers, and chit chat about the given topic.

From newbies to experts, we have given help on the toipic...Don't know what more we can say...we tried,and tried some more.

Henry, walk onboard next month, & personally see that your friend remembered things slightly different, then what will be offerred to your group.

All I am saying is that I will find out for myself .On the Whitney Houston thread I posted something that was questioned ,thank goodness that Mike knew it was the emmis and posted that .
Old February 17th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post

Yes Linda, please.

I have now achieved-
ONE HUNDRED DAYS ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
139 days total

Booked: Celebrity Constellation November 24, 2014