CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   Dining question (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/387045-dining-question.html)

Lakers Fan January 13th, 2012 08:12 PM

Dining question
 
We are first time cruisers on Celebrity .The people we are traveling with are repeat cruisers and will be invited to the Welcome Aboard lunch . Is there any way that we can join them ?

dkjretired January 14th, 2012 11:47 AM

Never heard of a Welcome Aboard Lunch....They have some Captains Club functions but never heard of a lunch. You will not be able to join them in the CC functions. With that being said, some have reported that they were able to join the Captain Club once on board.

Don

kmm44 February 2nd, 2012 11:05 AM

Although X used to let passengers join CC on board their first cruise, my roommate on last summer's Constellation cruise was told she had to wait till after the cruise and join online.
I have always been able to bring a non-CC roommate to CC functions. Tomorrow 4 of us are leaving for SJ for a S. Carib. cruise on Summit. Whether I will be able to bring everyone remains to be seen. My own roommate has cruised X once, but didn't join CC, so maybe they'll let her join on board. I'll let you know.

johnthed0g February 2nd, 2012 11:32 AM

When I was on board they did check your ID

Trip February 2nd, 2012 01:48 PM

I've never heard of a welcome aboard lunch either...The crew has enough to do before the ship sails I would think

Lakers Fan February 2nd, 2012 02:21 PM

Trip
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1413265)
I've never heard of a welcome aboard lunch either...The crew has enough to do before the ship sails I would think


As a seasoned HAL cruiser I've been on several HAL Welcome Aboard lunches .

Trip February 2nd, 2012 02:26 PM

Well, I have been on hal 3 times,and not invited,I wonder what I did?:rolleyes:

Lakers Fan February 2nd, 2012 09:44 PM

Trip
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1413280)
Well, I have been on hal 3 times,and not invited,I wonder what I did?:rolleyes:


If I still have my invitation from my last cruise I will scan and e-mail it to you.

big apple February 2nd, 2012 10:25 PM

You are invited to lunch in the main dining room after your first cruise with Holland and you are also invited to champagne lunch on sea day after one voyage and this i might add is a cut back from the days of free drinks as a repeat cruiser.All of the following doing the same thing Carnival celebrity and Holland. Obviously the bottom line driving these cut backs which were nice perks in the past.

dkjretired February 3rd, 2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big apple (Post 1413342)
You are invited to lunch in the main dining room after your first cruise with Holland and you are also invited to champagne lunch on sea day after one voyage and this i might add is a cut back from the days of free drinks as a repeat cruiser.All of the following doing the same thing Carnival celebrity and Holland. Obviously the bottom line driving these cut backs which were nice perks in the past.

Celebrity has never had that type of dinner....

Lakers Fan February 3rd, 2012 09:12 AM

Thank you
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by big apple (Post 1413342)
You are invited to lunch in the main dining room after your first cruise with Holland and you are also invited to champagne lunch on sea day after one voyage and this i might add is a cut back from the days of free drinks as a repeat cruiser.All of the following doing the same thing Carnival celebrity and Holland. Obviously the bottom line driving these cut backs which were nice perks in the past.


I think Trip was implying that what I said was a figment of my imagination .

anniegb February 3rd, 2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry43 (Post 1413383)
I think Trip was implying that what I said was a figment of my imagination .

Henry

Strange that is not how I interpreted Trip's remarks at all :) - I read her remarks as she was trying to figure out why she had not been invited to a HAL lunch event - yes Henry even I knew they held these lunches.

Annie

Lakers Fan February 3rd, 2012 03:36 PM

If I am wrong then I appologize .

anniegb February 3rd, 2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry43 (Post 1413444)
If I am wrong then I appologize .

Henry

I am not saying you are wrong - just saying I read the remarks differently :)

Annie

momofmeg February 4th, 2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big apple (Post 1413342)
You are invited to lunch in the main dining room after your first cruise with Holland and you are also invited to champagne lunch on sea day after one voyage and this i might add is a cut back from the days of free drinks as a repeat cruiser.All of the following doing the same thing Carnival celebrity and Holland. Obviously the bottom line driving these cut backs which were nice perks in the past.

Wasn't it a champagne BRUNCH? At least that is what we were invited to on HAL Zuiderdam 2 years ago, and HAL Westerdam in in 2008.

Lakers Fan February 4th, 2012 03:47 PM

A FULL MEAL ,not a brunch

big apple February 5th, 2012 05:45 PM

Not that great as you only had two main course items to choose from and you would think they could do something a little above this for repeaters. At least on the first day lunch you had a full menu

johnthed0g February 5th, 2012 06:21 PM

1st sea day on Eclipse we had a captains reception for "members" it was excellent, drinks flowed freely (unlike P&O), hot food available, live entertainment & the actual Captain greeting you in.

Trip February 5th, 2012 07:06 PM

Henry, I was not implying that at all... I accept your apology.....:)

Lakers Fan February 5th, 2012 09:50 PM

Okay ,Linda :)

waweng February 6th, 2012 04:30 AM

how much again for reserving for food like a buffet ?

Fern February 6th, 2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waweng (Post 1413826)
how much again for reserving for food like a buffet ?

Hi and welcome to Cruisemates :)! You don't haveto have reservations for the Buffet, it's included in the price of your cruise, as is the dining room for breakfast, lunch and dinner. There are "extra charge" resaurants available, but they aren't necessary.

Have a wonderful cruise,

momofmeg February 7th, 2012 11:17 AM

Ours was a full meal too-but they called it a brunch. You had choices like I know one was quiche because I had that- another was omelet,but there were meats, salads veggies,desert, etc. Brunches are full meals-they just offer choices from breakfast foods and lunch foods. and it was at 11 am.

big apple February 7th, 2012 11:39 AM

My comments were directed toward Holland as this was the original post.

dkjretired February 7th, 2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momofmeg (Post 1414050)
Ours was a full meal too-but they called it a brunch. You had choices like I know one was quiche because I had that- another was omelet,but there were meats, salads veggies,desert, etc. Brunches are full meals-they just offer choices from breakfast foods and lunch foods. and it was at 11 am.

Celebrity has a brunch usually 1 day during every cruise, very much like the old fancy midnight buffets. This is open to everyone not just CC members...

Mermen February 7th, 2012 12:08 PM

Never heard of a Welcome Aboard lunch on =X=, and have been on many cruises with them...There's the "Welcome Aboard Buffet" that most people hit as soon as they board...

I would bypass this anyway and head to Bistro on 5 for my own "Welcome Aboard"... Nice atmosphere, quiet and the most amazing sweet and savory crepes, salads and soups.

dkjretired February 7th, 2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mermen (Post 1414067)
Never heard of a Welcome Aboard lunch on =X=, and have been on many cruises with them...There's the "Welcome Aboard Buffet" that most people hit as soon as they board...

I would bypass this anyway and head to Bistro on 5 for my own "Welcome Aboard"... Nice atmosphere, quiet and the most amazing sweet and savory crepes, salads and soups.

Absolutely agree, another good option is the Aqua Spa Cafe when you get on board...

momofmeg February 7th, 2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkjretired (Post 1414063)
Celebrity has a brunch usually 1 day during every cruise, very much like the old fancy midnight buffets. This is open to everyone not just CC members...

We were talking about HAL and their past guest perks. I was referring to HAL-that on HAL we were invited to a brunch. This the OP's first Celebrity cruise but he has cruised HAL several times. I have only done 2 Celebrity cruises so far-this summer will be my third. As far as Celebrity, I do not remember being invited to anything special on our second cruise, but we did get a coupon booklet for being repeat cruisers. Since it was a 12 day cruise, we used that stuff the laundry bag for $20 coupon. That was great for underwear, tees and PJ's. We still had a couple of things cleaned and pressed, but that really kept the laundry bill down.

richsea February 7th, 2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big apple (Post 1414055)
My comments were directed toward Holland as this was the original post.

OK, I'm a little confused. If the original post was directed towards HA, why not ask the question on the HA board?:confused: What am I not getting??

Trip February 7th, 2012 06:34 PM

The thread did get off track...I understand your confusion..the OP, suggested that he had done the same on HAL, in answer to my post. That's when it turned...:)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1