Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Smile Infinity dinning

We are sailing in Aug. and have a 6:00pm dinning time. Do we have to stick to this time and do we have to eat in the dinning room? If we don't eat in the dinning room will we be charged more? I am sorry for all the dumb questions but I have tried everywhere to find answers on my own with no avail.Is there a charge for the shows and someone said you have to buy drinks to be able to set in the lounges. Thanks Jackie 1st time to cruise.
Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Admiral

You don't HAVE to do anything but there are two sittings for dinner in the MDR (main dining room) if you don't want the early one ask to change, but if you miss your "slot" you can't just turn up, you may be able to but don't rely on being able to. The way it works on a ship is there is a self serve buffet running virtually 24hours from breakfast throughout the day, if you wish you can take all you meals here & this area is usually exempt from the evening dress code, are you awre of the dress traditions on cruises? You get charged to dine at what they call speciality restaurants,& then it is usually a cover charge, all the food in the self serve buffet is free. You pay for speciality coffees at coffee outlets, you pay for all drinks except those dispensed at meals. I am not familiar with all ships but as far as I know Celebrity don't charge for any shows or require booking. You don't need to buy a drink to sit anywhere but manners dictate that you don't take up a seat when someone does wish to buy something where seating is limited ..like a coffee shop.Have you tried the Celebrity website?
Old January 30th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Gram View Post
We are sailing in Aug. and have a 6:00pm dinning time. Do we have to stick to this time and do we have to eat in the dinning room? If we don't eat in the dinning room will we be charged more? I am sorry for all the dumb questions but I have tried everywhere to find answers on my own with no avail.Is there a charge for the shows and someone said you have to buy drinks to be able to set in the lounges. Thanks Jackie 1st time to cruise.
It sounds like you've received some bad information. If you have been allocated early seating dining (6:00pm) then you must eat in the main dining room at 6:00pm. However, you have other choices. You can eat at the buffet and there is no extra charge. You can eat at the S.S. United States, alternative restaurant, there is a $30pp charge but the food and service is 5 star.

If you would like to have more flexibility then I suggest you contact your travel agent and change to "Celebrity Select" dining. You still dine in the main dining room but you can go to dinner anytime between 6 and 9:30 pm.

There is no charge for the shows. All entertainment is included in your cruise fare. Also, you do not have to buy a drink to sit in the lounges and relax or enjoy the entertainment.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask and have a wonderful cruise.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 30th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Gram View Post
If you have a 6:00P,M dining time in the dining room and wish to eat in the dining room then you should show up as per the dress code around 6:00P.M. They usually close the doors about ten minutes after and it would be rude to come at any other time since they try and do all the courses at your table at the same time. If the time is not good then you could try for the 8:00P.M. dining or go for Select dining in which you basically eat at anytime the dining room is open.

A couple of corrections about the buffet need to be made, the buffet on Celebritys ships for dinner is not the same as you will get for breakfast or lunch where there is a full buffet. They have lots of food but in stations and not the same variety as the other buffet hours. Celebrity's buffets are not open any where near 24 hours. They will close between breakfast and lunch and between lunch and dinner and will close completely around 10P.M. They are not open over night.

There are other alternatives for dining, the specialty restaurants which have certain charges and also you may get the regular dining room menu delivered to your room during regular dining room hours by calling room service.

It sounds to me like you would be best served by Select dining. When you board the ship go the MDR and ask to be changed to Select. This way you can eat whenever you want.

Just one other point, you should try and eat in the MDR as that is where you will get your best cruise experience.

All the shows are free.
Old February 1st, 2012, 02:30 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Thank you so much.
Old February 9th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Familiar Face

Default Dress Code on Infinity

I read on another post about not breaking the dress code for formal dinning. Can somebody tell me what is formal? I've read the Celebrity's comments but then I've also read other's comments that differ. Before I pack I want to do the norm. Thank You

Infinity, Alaska Cruise, May
Old February 9th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Captain

One formal night I didn't feel like wearing a jacket, they gave me one. So yes dress code is enforced on celebrity...other lines are more lax in my experience.
Old February 10th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Familiar Face

Also a tie or just jacket/collared shirt? What do most women wear?
Old March 11th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hello Welcome to the most fantastic Trellis Dining Room I sailed with the Infinity for 28 days to South America Miami to Buenos Aires 12/5/2012-1/2/2011 we asked first day to have our table changed when we did not like it. You can have your self put on a wait list for the later dining time. If that does not work there is something called alternative dining on deck 5 of the restaurant where one makes a reservation to be there for an approximate time ane waits in line as a table opens up the table of 4 o 6 or so is seated this is very convenient for shore days and for when one does not feel like participating in the dress affair of the dining room there is the Ocean Grill on deck 10. The SS United is charging a service charge only...for service not for the food. This has a very different atsosphere of a 5 star restaurant and the Chef and the French trained wait staff time the presentation and service as to something one will be talking about for many years. I recomend calling for reservations right away or making them prior to boarding as the suites and other cabins alike have first pick for reservations upon embarkation. There is a 24 hour room servicemy the tv and delivered in minutes or by picking up the phone to guest relations as well as the Aqua Spa when open. The other option is to have lunch or dinner delivered to the room from the dining room from the menu when one does not feel like dressing to eat in the dining room. The staff wait staff your Maitre de are there to make your cruise enjoyable. Let your Cabin stweard know what soft drinks and waters or other drinkd you would like and they will stock them in the mini bar... there is a charge... but this is a vacation after all we are there to live a little and the extra charge trickles down to the cabin stewards and wait staff. Lets remember theyare from countries where they are working to make our vacations memorable for just a few dollars a day.
LUVS2KRUZ