Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 8th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Banned
Captain

Default Hello All

Hello to all my fellow cruisers,

My name is Mark my wife's name is Nancy. Although I am new to this forum I have been on 12 cruises. I started with Carnival then NCL and finally the last 4 with a line we both love Celebrity. We have cruised to almost every Island in the Carribean, the Panama Canal and Alaska. The one place that really sticks out is Bermuda, My wife and I fell in love with this Island. We have sailed to Bermuda with Celebrity twice before on the MV Horizon and the MV Zenith.

We have not been on a cruise since 2005 and my wife and I are now ready to book a cruise back to Bermuda out of Liberty park in NJ.

Back in 2005 the staff, service and food were 2nd to none for a large cruise line such as Celebrity. My question's to all the good people out there is

#1- Has the Service and or food go down in quality or is comparable to years back.

#2- We heard that the Summit was being refurbished in January, has anybody seen her since the dry dock and would you recommend this ship.

Just a note, My wife and I dont really care for the 91,000+ ton cruise ships

Last edited by buttons16; February 8th, 2012 at 02:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi, we did a B2B on the Summit in 2010, the first leg being a 7-night Bermuda. Loved it. Others complained about how unkept the ship was, but I likened it to having 2,000 people traipse through your home every day...kinda hard to keep it looking new, isn't it? For as old as she is and this was before her Solstice refurbishment, we enjoyed it. Sure there was a rust spot here or there, but it's a floating hotel.

The service on Summit was good to great. I don't think it was as excellent as the Constellation or Eclipse, but good and they treated us right. I posted a review on the Summit and our trip to Bermuda in CruiseMates...should be in the reader reviews section. Have lots of fun. I would definitely sail on her again, especially since she has been refurbished.

I think the food has only improved in the past 4-years with the change in Executive Chefs. There was a rough patch for a little. Food and dining is pretty subjective I think though, you're likely to get varying opinions. ; ) If you book in Aqua Class, you will have the benefit of dining in Blu which is the specialty restaurant / venue only for AC and Suite guests (although suite guests pay a $5 cover charge).
Old February 8th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Admiral

Default You must have read my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons16 View Post
Hello to all my fellow cruisers,

My name is Mark my wife's name is Nancy. Although I am new to this forum I have been on 12 cruises. I started with Carnival then NCL and finally the last 4 with a line we both love Celebrity. We have cruised to almost every Island in the Carribean, the Panama Canal and Alaska. The one place that really sticks out is Bermuda, My wife and I fell in love with this Island. We have sailed to Bermuda with Celebrity twice before on the MV Horizon and the MV Zenith.

We have not been on a cruise since 2005 and my wife and I are now ready to book a cruise back to Bermuda out of Liberty park in NJ.

Back in 2005 the staff, service and food were 2nd to none for a large cruise line such as Celebrity. My question's to all the good people out there is

#1- Has the Service and or food go down in quality or is comparable to years back.

#2- We heard that the Summit was being refurbished in January, has anybody seen her since the dry dock and would you recommend this ship.

Just a note, My wife and I dont really care for the 91,000+ ton cruise ships

My wife and I have been to almost every island in the Caribbean +Alaska and the Panama Canal .We too have been to Bermuda (2 times) and absolutely love it .
Old February 9th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Banned
Captain

Default Thank you both.

I am happy to hear that the food quality had gone up in the last couple of years. Also glad to hear that service and staff are of high quality for a main stream cruiseline. Yes sounds like I will book the Summit to Bermuda.