Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Banned
Captain

Default Anticipation !!

I do realize that cruising is one of life's greater pleasure's However I found that booking and planning a cruise can be just as exciting.

I don't know if everyone would agree with me but I get a feeling of great excitement after I book a cruise. The anticipation of going can be heart pounding.

As the date nears thing's don't bother you as much. You just want to stand on a chair and yell out to all who will listen "Hey were going on a cruise"

My wife and I always book a pre cruise hotel for the night, this way we dont feel rushed. If we have to fly to the port we alway's fly the day before.

The next cruise we will book will be out of Liberty Park NJ. We will book a hotel the day before. We just love to wake up refreshed, take a nice shower and get a good breakfast. It's amazing how some people look after they have flown cross country and then rushed to the ship. Most of the people are ready to go to bed and here we are ready for the day to begin.

I can't stress how much more relaxed you will be by flying in the day before and staying in a hotel. You will be calm cool and relaxed, It's well worth the price..... Just our thoughts to pass along....
Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Captain

We ALWAYS get there at least one day ahead of time. If it's a place we've never been, we try to do two days (especially European trips). My next cruise leaves from Port Canavrel, 25 minutes away; sweet!
Inspiration -09/05
Mariner-05/06 & 10/09
Century-01/07
Crown-04/07
Liberty-11/07
Explorer-08/08
Insignia-11/08
Destiny-07/09
Oasis Inaugural Cruise-12/09
Monarch-03/10 & 07/10
Equinox-08/10
Freedom-02/2012
Mariner; RSS- 10/12
Jewel-12/12 b2b
Independence-12/13
Enchantment- 01/14

Legend of the Seas; 04/16/2014; Booked
Old February 11th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Oh, I so agree,and if you are researching new ports, it's like a geography lesson coming to life. Anticipation, posting questions, waiting for answers,and, having other Cruisemates getting exited for you, is fun!

Next month, we will be flying in 2 days before our Cruisemate's cruise on the Epic, and, those 2 days will be filled with fun shopping, dining with friends,and as well, walking refreshed onboard.

Your thoughts here, make for a welcome uplifting post...waiting for more!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; February 12th, 2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old February 11th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Welcome Newcomer

We love to get to the port at least 1 or 2 days before departing. It allows us to relax and enjoy without rushing as we are always hurried in our day-to-day life.

Have a great time!
Melissa
Old February 11th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Admiral

Melissa, welcome to Cruisemates....Hope to see you all around the boards.

Old February 11th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Banned
Captain

Well it has been 5 years since our last cruise.
The reason being because our Minature Schanuzer whom we love to death got Diabetes about 3 months before we were to set sail, yes we cancelled due to his condition.

We have just recently found a pet Nanny who is a wonderful person. She has been watching our Scamp from time to time, giving Scamp his insulin shot (2 per day) is no problem for her... She has stayed over night on a few occasions...We are pretty close to her now and we trust her with our Scamp.

She has a great schedule set for Scamp when we leave on our cruise, staying with him all night, walking him, feeding, playing and of course giving his insulin we trust her as if she was family.

She takes care of him in our house so Scamp does'nt leave his home, Considering we refuse to put him in a kennel, This is a GOD SEND because it now gives us the chance to go away without a worry.

Even though we have been to Bermuda twice before on the MV horizon and the MV Zenith, I will research the Summit and bermuda throughly.
Old February 12th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Captain

We fully agree, from the moment we start looking at a cruise, to shopping around to get the best deal, using our photo's as reminders if we've been to the port before, searching the web to find if we can DIY tour the ports, or if it's best to book ship tours etc.

We easily turn a 2 week cruise into a 2 month experience :-D

We've already been watching prices on a couple of Caribbean Princess cruises for August this year, and this morning sent of email enquiries to our preferred agents. Just 6 months and counting

Alan & Katrina

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+1), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura, Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam
Old February 12th, 2012, 06:18 AM
First Mate

I know EXACTLY what you mean!! I get so excited it is all I talk about, think about, and want to do! People at work tease me and call me the Cruise Girl because I talk about it to them frequently and am always searching in my free time (and reading/posting here!). Once all our plans are set, we are planning the next one!

I know how it is with the pups! Luckily our Bassett does well at her Grandma's house with our kids.

Have a great time!!

Golden Princess 9/8/2012
Carnival Elation 11/02/2009
Carnival Pride 04/24/2006
Carnival Pride 05/23/2004
Carnival Elation (I think) 1999
Old February 12th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Banned
Captain

I sure am glad to know that my wife and I are not alone in the anticipation factor.

What also really get's us excited is as the departure date get's closer, we start to lay out everything we are going to take with us on the cruise. Things like clothe's, shoe's, her handbags.

We also make a big deal out of going shopping for trail size items such as :
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Mouthwash
shampoo
lotions of all sorts....
Mints,Gum

All the items are put out on the guest bed and the luggage comes down from the attic to be aired out. This process usually starts about 2 months prior to the departure date. Sometimes if I want to be cheered up, I walk into the guest bedroom and look over all the item's. I take out all my paper work, I look over one of my favorite books...The "Complete guide to cruising and cruise ships" by Berlitz. Even though I know most of the cruise lines and ships, I just love to look over the ratings and the great things it has to say about Celebrity.
All these things I have mentioned just adds to the excitement of the wait. Hey like the old saying goes "All good thing's come to those that wait"

I also do something really off the wall...as we go through the process of embarkation (of course my excitement builds to a fever pitch) I keep in mind how much more time I have left before I enter a world of excitement, luxury, pampering, world class dining.. and right just before I step onto the ship I stop....Look back and see the world I am leaving...then I take a deep breath and as I am stepping onto the ship I say to myself...."Here is my first step to paradise for the next 7 day's"...I do that everytime..and you know what...I never get tired of it.

So I say to all lets raise our glass to the wonderful world of cruising...."It does'nt get any better then that".
Old February 12th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Admiral

Do you watch the Lauderdale webcam? Around four today, the parade of ships [6] should start, sailing out. It gets the salt water in your veins a flowin...

Port Everglades Webcam - A Fort Lauderdale Cruise Ship Web Cam

Old February 12th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Banned
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Do you watch the Lauderdale webcam? Around four today, the parade of ships [6] should start, sailing out. It gets the salt water in your veins a flowin...

WOW thank you so much for this info. I will be in front of my computer viewing this web cam.
Old February 12th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Familiar Face

I LOVE the planning stage. My next cruise isn't until November but I have already been doing plenty of research. @Trip I just found the webcam link in another forum today and I set an alarm in my phone for 4 to watch the ships sail away!
This will be our first cruise where we will fly in the day before and Iím super happy about it. My last cruise left from San Juan and our luggage got lost. It was on the next plane coming from where our layover was and the luggage made it to the boat but I learned my lesson!

Just typing this post Iím getting excited about my next wonderful vacation J just 265 more days!!

**Carnival Valor 12/2008**

**Carnival Victory 12/2010**

**Carnival Valor 11/2012**
;-)
Old February 12th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Admiral

Guys,when you watch the webcam today, set it for the full screen,and the Allure will be in your lap Nice to see all the signs and flags that people put out..the other day, one sign told their kids to behave! lol Enjoy!

Old February 12th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Banned
Captain

I watched two cruise ships on the web cam leaving Port Everglades...A Princess ship and a Celebrity ship.

It was fantastic when the sound came on and you heard the steel drum bands playing on the two ships. Then came the 3 loud bursts of the ship's horn...I sit here now in greater Anticipation of the next sailing on the Summit to Bermuda.
Old February 12th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to Marguerite
Cool

Oh, the anticipation is the absolute best! I usually plan our trips a year in advance but this yr. we did not have that long of a wait. Now, it is only 4 weeks away. I am sooooooo excited. We live in Ct. And are sailing on Celebrity Silouette for a 13 day cruise! Taking a Limo so we will be fresh and ready! I know what you mean about your beloved pet. My 82 yr. old mom would come from Ma. to watch her!! Now, our beloved Sneakers has passed so the added worry of who was to care for her is gone, but of course, we would rather still have her with us. In any case all enjoy your cruise
Marg
Old February 12th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to Marguerite

We have sailed on The Caribbean Princess 4 times and absolutely lve that ship!!
Marg
Old February 12th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Admiral

Default Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons16 View Post
I do realize that cruising is one of life's greater pleasure's However I found that booking and planning a cruise can be just as exciting.

I don't know if everyone would agree with me but I get a feeling of great excitement after I book a cruise. The anticipation of going can be heart pounding.

As the date nears thing's don't bother you as much. You just want to stand on a chair and yell out to all who will listen "Hey were going on a cruise"

My wife and I always book a pre cruise hotel for the night, this way we dont feel rushed. If we have to fly to the port we alway's fly the day before.

The next cruise we will book will be out of Liberty Park NJ. We will book a hotel the day before. We just love to wake up refreshed, take a nice shower and get a good breakfast. It's amazing how some people look after they have flown cross country and then rushed to the ship. Most of the people are ready to go to bed and here we are ready for the day to begin.

I can't stress how much more relaxed you will be by flying in the day before and staying in a hotel. You will be calm cool and relaxed, It's well worth the price..... Just our thoughts to pass along....
I suggest NOT booking a hotel in Bayonne .
Old February 13th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Banned
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry43 View Post
I suggest NOT booking a hotel in Bayonne .
I proberly will book a hotel right off of I 287 in Bround Brook. Very nice area. t I pass by the area lots of times. Plenty of nice Hotels... Like Embassy Suits, Hyatt to name a few....it's about 30 mins from Liberty park, NJ.
Old February 13th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

When you have not been on a cruise in years the anticipation is really amazing.

That is because there is no feeling like being at sea on a big, sturdy ship with all the legance and pampering.

Non-cruisers don't understand what a liberating feeling it is to be at sea on a cruise. Plus you get to see destinations there is very little chance you would see otherwise, but a cruise takes you there because they are places you may want to see, but would never make arrangements to fly to individually.

I especially think cruising a fantastic in Europe and I encourage more CruiseMates to get out and see the continent.

Old February 13th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Admiral

I agree Paul...it was a priviledge to be able to go to Europe last spring. My head was on swivel

Old February 13th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Banned
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
When you have not been on a cruise in years the anticipation is really amazing.

That is because there is no feeling like being at sea on a big, sturdy ship with all the legance and pampering.

Non-cruisers don't understand what a liberating feeling it is to be at sea on a cruise. Plus you get to see destinations there is very little chance you would see otherwise, but a cruise takes you there because they are places you may want to see, but would never make arrangements to fly to individually.

I especially think cruising a fantastic in Europe and I encourage more CruiseMates to get out and see the continent.
Thank you Paul,
You hit the nail on the head. The longer between cruises the greater the anticipation.

I would love to cruise parts of Europe...But I just can't seem to bypass Bermuda. Other then Alaska Bermuda is a real paradise, That little Isle has everything I want in a Island....

Beautiful pink sand beaches
Wonderful civilized people
beautiful pastel homes
clean streets
no fear in roaming around all night
a wonderful british presence
some of the best consistent wheather

What more can you ask for.
BTW I have been to Hawaii, Tahiti and Figi....give me Bermuda every time.
Old February 13th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

I agree with Marguerite! A car service or limo really means that your vacation starts at your front door. We use ExecuCar. It not that much more than paying to park for a week at DFW airport.
Princess Emerald Princess (2010) min-suite
Carnival Conquest (2008)
Princess Grand Princess (2003)
Carnival Victory (2002)
Celebrity Century (1997) Century Suite
Carnival Fantasy (1997)
Carnival Ecstasy (1994) Grand Suite
NCL Sunward (1992) Marquee Suite
RCI Nordic Empress (1990)
RCI Song of America (1988)
Old February 13th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

I am huge on planning and definitely get a rush from it. A new ship or cruise line is always most exciting.
Old February 13th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Admiral

Default NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons16 View Post
I proberly will book a hotel right off of I 287 in Bround Brook. Very nice area. t I pass by the area lots of times. Plenty of nice Hotels... Like Embassy Suits, Hyatt to name a few....it's about 30 mins from Liberty park, NJ.

You might want to check out a Marriott hotel .A friend of mine and his wife drove from Georgia to visit friends in PA and stayed in a Marriott because they were also meeting me and some friends in Brooklyn and Brooklyn only has one decent hotel.
Old February 14th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Admiral

Quote:
You might want to check out a Marriott hotel .A friend of mine and his wife drove from Georgia to visit friends in PA and stayed in a Marriott because they were also meeting me and some friends in Brooklyn and Brooklyn only has one decent hotel.
Excellent idea, I was a Police Officer in that area and you can't go wrong, just a short trip to the pier. Also, some excellent hotels near the Newark Airport...

Don
Old February 14th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post

THANK YOU!!! Have added this webcam to my favorites list!!!! I'm a first time cruiser and will be cruising to Alaska from Seattle for our 35th wedding anniversary, and I'm so excited. Love that I found this board. I didn't do as much comparing when I had my TA book our cruise like others but I hope I picked a good cruise line "Celebrity Infinity". We also decided to do a pre-trip just because we have never been to Seattle. Thank you everyone for answering all my silly questions!
Old February 14th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Banned
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjretired View Post
Excellent idea, I was a Police Officer in that area and you can't go wrong, just a short trip to the pier. Also, some excellent hotels near the Newark Airport...

Don
What would the name of this hotel be? also where is it located?
Old February 14th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Banned
Captain

Quote:
I won't be entering Brooklyn. I would be coming from Pennsylvania, over the Delaware Water gap and I can either drive on I80 or I78.....

Henry would the hotel you are talking about be a Marriott in New Jersey by the Pier...Would love to stay in a nice clean hotel near the pier. Please give some info on that...Thank you.
Old February 14th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Admiral

Grands, a big Cruisemate's welcome.....sounds like you have a wonderful adventure, on a great ship coming up...anything we can do for you just ask away

Old February 14th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Admiral

Default Police Officers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjretired View Post

Don
I am a retired Insurance Frauds Investigator . I worked with an undercover NJ police officer who I assume is now retired but SHE was the least likely person that anyone could ever assume was on the force . If you know whom I am referring to send me a PM .