Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Banned
Captain

Default things to do in Bermuda, mostly unknown

Here are some great tip's if you plan on visiting Bermuda, the most beautiful Island this side of the Mississippi. My wife and I did all of these things and LOVED them.

Visit the Bermuda house of Assembly located at 21 Parliament street in Hamilton.

The Parliament sessions are on the top floor and the supreme court is on the ground floor. Visitors are allowed M - F 9am - 12:30pm and 2pm - 5pm.
Live sessions of a public gallery are in session Friday's Nov - June 10am - closing.

You will witness at either of the sessions you choose men dressed in black robes and wearing powdered wig, you will feel like you were transported to jolly olde England. It will be a civilized viewing of the government at work.

Visit the little theatre also in Hamilton located at 12 church street. Hours of operation are M - F 9am - 10pm....Sat 9am - 10pm....Sun 12pm - 8pm and Holidays 1pm - 8pm...Talk about a tiny theatre..you will be very amused..give it a looksy.

Go to Devonshire...take middle road East out of Hamilton and by the Devonshire church is the Marsh Firefly reserve and Freer Cox Memorial, a santuary of Flora and Fauna run by the Audobon and BNT.

Go to a post office and mail a post card to your house...great keepsake item.

If you like the look of foreign currency, go to a ATM and withdraw $10 or $20 dollars, the pink money is beautiful.

These are just some little tip's that my wife and I had done during our last two visits to that little beautiful gem in the Atlantic. You can be sure on our next trip there, we will do everything all over again.
Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2012, 11:56 PM
Admiral

Bermuda is the most beautiful place I've ever been to . If you love it as much as I do my suggestion is to go to the Bermuda Mint and buy a souveneir .I did that last year . I bought a silver commemorative coin . On my next visit I will buy a gold one .
Old February 12th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Banned
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry43 View Post
Bermuda is the most beautiful place I've ever been to . If you love it as much as I do my suggestion is to go to the Bermuda Mint and buy a souveneir .I did that last year . I bought a silver commemorative coin . On my next visit I will buy a gold one .
Henry I must say that is a great tip and you can be sure I will look into that...and positively visit the Bermuda mint....

Thank you for a very informative tip.
Old February 12th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Captain

One of the things I most remember about Bermuda, besides the beautiful beaches, is renting a moped and touring the island. One day we did one side, parked the scooters outside the ship and headed out the next day in the other direction. We stumbled across a really nice tea shop which was fantastic. Very good scones, tea sandwiches and wonderfully soothing teas to try. I wish I could remember the name but we did see it advertised with not too much fanfare. Good luck.
Inspiration -09/05
Mariner-05/06 & 10/09
Century-01/07
Crown-04/07
Liberty-11/07
Explorer-08/08
Insignia-11/08
Destiny-07/09
Oasis Inaugural Cruise-12/09
Monarch-03/10 & 07/10
Equinox-08/10
Freedom-02/2012
Mariner; RSS- 10/12
Jewel-12/12 b2b
Independence-12/13
Enchantment- 01/14
Legend-TA- 04/14
Freedom OTS-10/14

Booked:Solstice Alaska; 09/15
Old February 12th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Admiral

Default The Mint

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons16 View Post
Henry I must say that is a great tip and you can be sure I will look into that...and positively visit the Bermuda mint....

Thank you for a very informative tip.
Its approximately 1/4 mile from the ship dock in Hamilton .