Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 14th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Admiral

Default Celebrity Solstice Summer Europe Cruises Discounted

Our June Solstice cruise dropped about $250 a person. Now, it is because of a residence rate (GA) and also a senior rate.
The April and May rates are dropped for all.

For the June dates, I think it would be worth anyone checking because I doubt it is just one state that gets the discount, I am sure other states, and maybe your state of residence is one also.

I have now achieved-
ONE HUNDRED DAYS ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
139 days total

Booked: Celebrity Silhouette November 23, 2014
Sponsored Links
Old February 14th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg View Post
Our June Solstice cruise dropped about $250 a person. Now, it is because of a residence rate (GA) and also a senior rate.
The April and May rates are dropped for all.

For the June dates, I think it would be worth anyone checking because I doubt it is just one state that gets the discount, I am sure other states, and maybe your state of residence is one also.
Good for you, besides getting the rate dropped look for upgrades, sometimes you can get real good ones. I went from an inside to an AQ a couple of years ago for $100pp...
Old February 14th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjretired View Post
Good for you, besides getting the rate dropped look for upgrades, sometimes you can get real good ones. I went from an inside to an AQ a couple of years ago for $100pp...
Well that is what we did. Instead of a partially obstructed balcony (lifeboats below us) We have an aqua class.

My daughter and her friend have a balcony instead on an inside, and their balcony is NOT obstructed! we're happy!

I have now achieved-
139 days total

Old February 15th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Well that is what we did. Instead of a partially obstructed balcony (lifeboats below us) We have an aqua class.

My daughter and her friend have a balcony instead on an inside, and their balcony is NOT obstructed! we're happy!
If they are on the same cruise, try and get them to AQ, you realize of course that your daugher can't eat in Blu....If you intend to eat with them you will have to give up Blu and eat in the MDR.
Old February 15th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Admiral

Quote:
If they are on the same cruise, try and get them to AQ, you realize of course that your daugher can't eat in Blu....If you intend to eat with them you will have to give up Blu and eat in the MDR.
Well, their fare was $500 a person below ours, and I don't think they can afford more. In fact we are picking up the tab for our daughter's airfare, because we wanted her to come, then her friend decided to come also.(At least her friend has more income than her.) They are adults, both 27, so it will be okay. We are doing tours together, I am sure they will be glad NOT to hang with us every minute! Besides many of the tours are 9 hours-so I have a feeling we will be ordering room service some-while they still go to dinner and dancing afterward. Also, we do not have assigned dinning-so we can eat with them some.

If I had had my "druthers"-we would have got the aft balcony at the very back of the ship-it was the same price as the spa-but hubby thinks spa will be better.

I have now achieved-
139 days total

Old February 15th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Well, their fare was $500 a person below ours, and I don't think they can afford more. In fact we are picking up the tab for our daughter's airfare, because we wanted her to come, then her friend decided to come also.(At least her friend has more income than her.) They are adults, both 27, so it will be okay. We are doing tours together, I am sure they will be glad NOT to hang with us every minute! Besides many of the tours are 9 hours-so I have a feeling we will be ordering room service some-while they still go to dinner and dancing afterward. Also, we do not have assigned dinning-so we can eat with them some.

If I had had my "druthers"-we would have got the aft balcony at the very back of the ship-it was the same price as the spa-but hubby thinks spa will be better.
There is no assigned dining in Blu it is anytime dining. You realize that Blu replaces the dining room for AQ patrons and your eating in the MDR is not guaranteed. It is on a space available basis. Also, just for your knowledge, if you order room service it will be from the MDR and not Blu.
Old February 15th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Admiral

Quote:
There is no assigned dining in Blu it is anytime dining. You realize that Blu replaces the dining room for AQ patrons and your eating in the MDR is not guaranteed. It is on a space available basis. Also, just for your knowledge, if you order room service it will be from the MDR and not Blu.
I don't mind and as I said, my daughter and her friend will not mind not eating without us at all. I will be ordering room service when I am too exhausted to spend an hour plus at dinner. I could care less where the food is from-probably will be too tired to taste it anyway. We have 3 days in a roll that are 12 hour ports and 9 hour tours.

I guess that is why I would have been just as happy in our old room and an onboard credit. This is a port intensive cruise and I want to see the ports, as I do not know if I will ever see that port of Europe again. My health is not so great anymore.

I have now achieved-
139 days total

Old February 15th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Admiral

Quote:
I don't mind and as I said, my daughter and her friend will not mind not eating without us at all. I will be ordering room service when I am too exhausted to spend an hour plus at dinner. I could care less where the food is from-probably will be too tired to taste it anyway. We have 3 days in a roll that are 12 hour ports and 9 hour tours.

I guess that is why I would have been just as happy in our old room and an onboard credit. This is a port intensive cruise and I want to see the ports, as I do not know if I will ever see that port of Europe again. My health is not so great anymore.
Enjoy your cruise, best wishes...