CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   Bistro on Five (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/387855-bistro-five.html)

momofmeg February 21st, 2012 03:47 PM

Bistro on Five
 
WE have heard great things about this and understand it is open for lunch boarding day. There is a $5 service charge, but I think well worth it to beat the crowds/hassle up in the Lido.

Anyone ate there?

johnthed0g February 21st, 2012 03:56 PM

Yes great we ate there every day on our 5 night cruise...Creme brulee!!!

momofmeg February 22nd, 2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnthed0g (Post 1416706)
Yes great we ate there every day on our 5 night cruise...Creme brulee!!!

So you recommend! I may want to go back too-as our we have several 12 hour port days and long excursions-I have a feeling those days-I will not want to go and have a long dinner in dining room. It will be worth that $5 for me if the food is good!

KayAnnie February 22nd, 2012 04:50 PM

Ooh! I love creme brulee. So glad that it is always offered here!

johnthed0g February 22nd, 2012 05:31 PM

We used it lunchtime, I don't think Celebrity do an evening self serve buffet as such so it's an option but we LOVED Tuscan Grill.

dkjretired February 23rd, 2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnthed0g (Post 1416903)
We used it lunchtime, I don't think Celebrity do an evening self serve buffet as such so it's an option but we LOVED Tuscan Grill.

Celebrity does have an evening self serve buffet but it is not a full buffet as you would expect for lunch or breakfast. It is more gearing towards stations such as Pizza, sushi, and a few other things.

Don

johnthed0g February 23rd, 2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkjretired (Post 1417045)
Celebrity does have an evening self serve buffet but it is not a full buffet as you would expect for lunch or breakfast. It is more gearing towards stations such as Pizza, sushi, and a few other things.

Don

That's what I thought, just snacks really. I suppose they are trying to channel people towards the dining venues...especially the pay ones!

momofmeg February 23rd, 2012 11:58 AM

You know-most of the pay choices do not appeal to me-except for this. We will use it boarding day, and if we find it really good, we will use it for dinner at least once on the busy port days.

johnthed0g February 23rd, 2012 12:10 PM

They only do Crepes I think. Qsine is odd a sort of mezze thing really I liked it my wife was just confused. Murano was a bit too drawn out & posh, would have been better with another couple, Tuscan was wonderful!!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1