Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2012, 11:08 AM
Admiral

Default NYC safe ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseBeauty View Post
I receive a large amount of email regarding Bermuda, as it is one of my favorite places. This thread was one of them. As I found the title quite odd, I decided to read the posts and now comment. I first watched the youtube video. Maybe you should watch it again, Im not trying to be mean at all. Anywhere you travel will have some crime (by the way folks, crime is down in NYC, dont diss on it, it doesn't make for an intelligent post.)

Do some research on any other island you are considering sailing to and come back and post your results. I respect that you have fought for our country and want to protect yourself, but if in fact that is your mindset, would you really put yourself in any bad area on your own on ANY island? I watched exactly half the video and I was done. Im sure there is crime in your backyard - or 4 miles away, down the road and it might not make your local news reporting. And, if not your immediate town, Im sure there is one "nearby" and you most likely know of townes that you would make sure to avoid. You should follow rules like that when travelling anywhere outside your own area.

BTW, did I mention how safe NYC is people?

Go, cruise, enjoy and live HAPPY. You only get one chance. And.........

SUMMIT ROCKS! It is a gorgeous, classy, hot ship! The ultimate in modern luxury! I hope you enjoy luxury.

Surely this is a facetious post re NYC being safe .
Old March 3rd, 2012, 02:09 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Well, you need to be happy any place you vacation.

I have been to Bermuda 7 times and eagerly anticipate my next visit. We like mixing with the locals, but know better than to land ourselves somewhere undesirable after dark. There is enough to do where SUMMIT docks that I couldn't fathom being any where that you could be in dangers way - really? Just how far are you walking from Kings Wharf...to the projects (that have been there forever) I want to guesstimate within 5-7 miles from...Nothing should take you to those areas after dark while visiting Bermuda on a celebrity or any cruise.

Bermuda is still one of the most beautiful places and the crime they're experiencing is no different than crime anywhere else. You will, if you seek, find there is crime on any island you might think of visiting. Dont think too hard, just go.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 02:15 PM
Banned
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseBeauty View Post
Well, you need to be happy any place you vacation.

I have been to Bermuda 7 times and eagerly anticipate my next visit. We like mixing with the locals, but know better than to land ourselves somewhere undesirable after dark. There is enough to do where SUMMIT docks that I couldn't fathom being any where that you could be in dangers way - really? Just how far are you walking from Kings Wharf...to the projects (that have been there forever) I want to guesstimate within 5-7 miles from...Nothing should take you to those areas after dark while visiting Bermuda on a celebrity or any cruise.

Bermuda is still one of the most beautiful places and the crime they're experiencing is no different than crime anywhere else. You will, if you seek, find there is crime on any island you might think of visiting. Dont think too hard, just go.
Why are you assuming my wife and I walked from Kings Warf...I never mentioned I walked from Kings Warf.

My wife and I use to walk all over Hamilton when we docked IN HAMILTON. You see the Zenith and Horizon docked right in the town of Hamilton.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 02:24 PM
Banned
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhill View Post
You seem to be a little obssed with crime and saftey.Sounds to me if you are so worried about it you should just stay home ! Everypost you have posted is about crime and violence! Me I tend not to spend my life worrying about every little thing I would rather enjoy life and take it as it comes.All tho I think I am smart enough to keep my self out of bad situations but I am not going to let it control my life.Have a good day and take care its a scary world out there filled with crime and horrors around every cornor
Stand up comedy is not one of your talents I see....I started this thread BECAUSE IMHO this was Paradise some years back...Where there was just about no violent crime to speak of...everything was beautiful...Clean streets, friendly people, Graffitti free, gang free and just about drug free...That is Paradise to me...and to see this happen to a place that I treasured is upsetting...

Its not that I am afraid to live life...ITs the fact that this little part of the world has changed for the worst...things have thrived here that once were never dreamed possible...

So lets not confuse the fact that i am upset over the fact that this island is not what it use to be and not that im afraid to go there. So yes I would visit Bermuda again but not in the same frame of mind...and I would need to use caution on where and when to go....Yes I wll still rent a scooter like I did all previous visits and yes I will visit all of Bermuda...but this time in a more cautionary frame of mind. OH I almost forgot...
Old March 4th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Captain

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons16 View Post
Stand up comedy is not one of your talents I see....I started this thread BECAUSE IMHO this was Paradise some years back...Where there was just about no violent crime to speak of...everything was beautiful...Clean streets, friendly people, Graffitti free, gang free and just about drug free...That is Paradise to me...and to see this happen to a place that I treasured is upsetting...

Its not that I am afraid to live life...ITs the fact that this little part of the world has changed for the worst...things have thrived here that once were never dreamed possible...

So lets not confuse the fact that i am upset over the fact that this island is not what it use to be and not that im afraid to go there. So yes I would visit Bermuda again but not in the same frame of mind...and I would need to use caution on where and when to go....Yes I wll still rent a scooter like I did all previous visits and yes I will visit all of Bermuda...but this time in a more cautionary frame of mind. OH I almost forgot...
Sorry your little piece of paridise is ruined.The world is turning into a very dangerous and scary place! Crime in Mexico is running rampant Bermuda is totally out of control is there any place safe any more? I think I wont worry so much about it and enjoy my life .Have fun be safe and good luck.
Old March 4th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Admiral

There is no reason to be afraid. Things could happen right where you are.
I say be happy, enjoy life, eat, drink, dance, love and greet people with a smile.

Don't worry! Go places, and most of all,,,,, don't be afraid.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old March 4th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Sorry your little piece of paridise is ruined.The world is turning into a very dangerous and scary place! Crime in Mexico is running rampant Bermuda is totally out of control is there any place safe any more? I think I wont worry so much about it and enjoy my life .Have fun be safe and good luck.
The funny thing is their little part of Paradise is not ruined. I posted the link to the crime statistics and they are actually down....
Old March 4th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Banned
Captain

Quote:
I thank you for being SORRY. No apology is required.

Yes my little piece of paradise is not what it once was...ALAS.
Old March 4th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Banned
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
There is no reason to be afraid. Things could happen right where you are.
I say be happy, enjoy life, eat, drink, dance, love and greet people with a smile.

Don't worry! Go places, and most of all,,,,, don't be afraid.

TM
I really think you need to RE-READ the post right above your's...and you will see your post has nothing to do with what I said.
Old March 4th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Captain

Quote:
I thank you for being SORRY. No apology is required.

Yes my little piece of paradise is not what it once was...ALAS.
Old March 4th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Banned
Captain

Quote:
Not exactly sure why you are trying to be so sarcastic...if you want to vent your anger (which is extremely obvious) try breathing in and out deeply and counting to ten.. I hear it works for people with anger issues.
Old March 4th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Captain

Smile

Quote:
Not exactly sure why you are trying to be so sarcastic...if you want to vent your anger (which is extremely obvious) try breathing in and out deeply and counting to ten.. I hear it works for people with anger issues.
Sorry I will try and keep it under control.Did not mean to upset anyone . Take care and have a nice day. And be careful its a mean scary world out there.
Old March 4th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Banned
Captain

Quote:
Sorry I will try and keep it under control.Did not mean to upset anyone . Take care and have a nice day. And be careful its a mean scary world out there.
I thank you for your concern....and I did have a great day...about to book my cruise...BOO
Old March 4th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Captain

Smile

Quote:
I thank you for your concern....and I did have a great day...about to book my cruise...BOO
A cruise sounds like fun where are you going to Bermuda? If so please be careful I read somewhere its getting kind of tough down there.
Old March 4th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Admiral

Quote:
I really think you need to RE-READ the post right above your's...and you will see your post has nothing to do with what I said.

I am just expressing my opinion.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Old March 5th, 2012, 12:34 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to richsea

Quote:
So lets not confuse the fact that i am upset over the fact that this island is not what it use to be and not that im afraid to go there. So yes I would visit Bermuda again but not in the same frame of mind...
If this is so, then why did you have to name this thread: "Summit to Bermuda...NO WAY"??? Is Summit somehow to blame??

I think perhaps it's not the point that you're trying to make, but the way you're trying to make it that seems to turn so many off.

...and to Henry43, when was the last time you were in NYC??

Perhaps we should all just stay in our locked homes in order to feel safe.
Old March 5th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Banned
Captain

Quote:
A cruise sounds like fun where are you going to Bermuda? If so please be careful I read somewhere its getting kind of tough down there.
Wow...I will be careful...thank you for the advise. I guess Its not paradise, but just another Island.
Old March 5th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Banned
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by richsea View Post
If this is so, then why did you have to name this thread: "Summit to Bermuda...NO WAY"??? Is Summit somehow to blame??

I think perhaps it's not the point that you're trying to make, but the way you're trying to make it that seems to turn so many off.

Not really sure...But please point out the fact that I said "The Summit is to blame...I just can't find the quote, if you would be kind enough to point it out I will elaborate on it.
Old March 5th, 2012, 04:45 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to richsea

Quote:
Not really sure...But please point out the fact that I said "The Summit is to blame...I just can't find the quote, if you would be kind enough to point it out I will elaborate on it.
Well, first you headlined your original post "Summit to Bermuda...NO WAY", which to me means that you would not go to Bermuda on Summit, but in a later post you said that you would return to Bermuda, so I took it to understand that you would not go to Bermuda on Summit, but you would return to Bermuda. Again, perhaps if your headline was a little more tactful, readers could better understand exactly what you meant to say, & not have to....oh, never mind.
Old March 5th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Admiral

Default New York City

I was in NYC yesterday . I go there at least once a week .I will be there on Thursday .

I was a NYC resident for 60 years . I worked in Brooklyn ,Manhattan ,Staten Island ,Queens and the Bronx .

I went to school in Brooklyn ,Manhattan and the Bronx .
Old March 5th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by richsea View Post
You won't be safe! A tornado could come along and blow your house away.

Or armed intruders could break in.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011