Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 17th, 2012, 01:31 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Unhappy Celebrity Century BYOB

I have cruised four times now with Carnival and Norwegian. All four times I have successfully snuck alcohol on board. Usually in opaque shampoo or conditioner bottles. However, in reading the Celebrity alcohol policy they seem pretty hard core in not allowing people on board if they find alcohol.

With Carnival, someone in my party got caught and they just threw it out.

Anyone have any experience with this or am I overreacting?

Thanks!

url=http://www.cruiseclocks.com/][/url]
Read and post cruise reviews

Last edited by nala222; April 17th, 2012 at 01:53 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old April 17th, 2012, 04:18 AM
Captain

Celebrity allows 2 bottles of wine, not sure if it's per person or cabin. If they find other alcohol it will be kept and returned at the end of the cruise like when you buy on board.

NEVER have I heard of anyone not being allowed on board because of it. Maybe they insisted they wouldn't board without it and Celebrity said that's ok and told them to leave lol.
Old April 17th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Admiral

Does booze tast the same after being in a shampoo container?

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old April 17th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I have not heard, first hand, about anyone not being able to board after Celebrity found smuggled liquor in their luggage. They are well within their rights to do so but it is a bit counter productive.

I would believe that many people do try to smuggle booze on board the same as with all other cruise lines that restrict it.

BTW: On any cruise line, if you put liquor in another container, and try to smuggle it onboard you will not get it back. They will dump it out. If you have an open bottle of liquor (seal broken) and try to smuggle it onboard they will dump it out. If the liquor is in its original container with an unbroken seal you "may" get it back but don't count on it.

Celebrity does have in-cabin bar setup that can be ordered through Bon Voyage. You must call the Bon Voyage department to get a list of liquors and to order it. These items are not available online. The prices are quite high at around $100/bottle but with Celebrity you do get six mixers and a box of nuts.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 17th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Admiral

Celebrity allows two bottle of wine at debarkation per cabin. No bottle are allowed to be brought on at ports. No other liquor is allowed.

Would also like to point out that Celebrity is well aware of the manner in which you intend to try and smuggle the liquor on board..You can be denied boarding if caught.If they catch you with the liquor you will be sent to the "naughty" room where the situation will be explained to you.
Old April 17th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

How much money could a shampoo bottle filled with booze save someone? Is it worth the chance to be embarrassed, or, annoyed getting caught

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old April 17th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Welcome Newcomer

haha only IF you rinse it REALLY well and put it through the dish washer, top rack
Old April 17th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Captain

Tip I thought of last cruise: If your going b2b, buy a bottle on board/or your favorite port and they will tell you pick it up on the last day.

Then your have a bottle in your room for leg 2, 3, 4 etc.
Old April 18th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
How much money could a shampoo bottle filled with booze save someone? Is it worth the chance to be embarrassed, or, annoyed getting caught
It depends on the size of the bottle. One of those Costco "Jug O Shampoo" bottles could hold hundreds of dollars worth of booze.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 18th, 2012, 06:46 PM
First Mate

For the record NCL is the most stringent on sneaking booze on board with Carnival a close second Am giving this opinion with some 60 cruises on all lines and feel I know most all of the tricks thru the years starting with Mardi Graas when yoyu were allowed to bring on board as much as you wanted .Now that the money maker is in the bar we all know the results.
Old April 18th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Captain

On my next cruise the premium alcohol package is $864+15% tip= $993!

Edit: we only paid 1099/pp for the cruise itself lol
Old May 25th, 2012, 12:55 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
I

Celebrity does have in-cabin bar setup that can be ordered through Bon Voyage. You must call the Bon Voyage department to get a list of liquors and to order it. These items are not available online. The prices are quite high at around $100/bottle but with Celebrity you do get six mixers and a box of nuts.

Take care,
Mike
you can order them online. It's in the same area as the beverage packages.

Hawaii By land x 2
Paris and German Christmas Markets
Old June 2nd, 2012, 12:34 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Wink Suncream bottles detected on RCCL

Sailed on Royal Caribean out of Houston in 2010 and they 'found' a suncream bottle in our case - which, contained suncream - although they didn't check inside it ;} so our case was sent (along with hundreds of others) to the conference room in the lower decks and we had to go identify, open, collect it.

No apology.

On Celebrity you can takje 2 bottles per stateroom at embarkation PLUS according to an admin on Cruise Critic - if you go on an approved tour during the Wine Cruises, you can bring an additional 2 bottles on each time ;}

Celebrity Constellation - Sep 19th Wine Cruise ex Southampton - ANYONE ELSE ON THIS ?

PLEASE sign up for the FREE onboard Connections Party you just put in your res. number and date of cruise etc.

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/...critic/home.do