Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2012, 08:33 AM
First Mate

Default Booking a GTY Cabin On Line

In looking at several posts about guaranteed cabins, I decided to see what the price differentials really were.

We have 2 cruises coming up, and have already booked our cabins, but nave not yet made the final payments.

So I went to the Celebrity site, followed the booking directions for these cruises, and did not see any guaranteed cabin choices. One of these is in 2014, so I am thinking they should be there.

Am I doing something wrong, and if so, can anyone help me correct it? Do I need to speak to a live agent rather than try on-line?

Thanks in advance,

Read and post cruise reviews
Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2012, 09:02 AM
Administrator
Admiral

No:

You aren't doing anything wrong. Guarantees are not available on every sailing and there are actually less of them then there were a few years ago.

They may be available later or they may be available for a certain time and then removed and later put back in.

The inventory management systems the cruise lines use are a mysterious and complex system that maximizes the number of bookings and revenue. How they actually work is something I don't believe many people know.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 2nd, 2012, 10:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I am not much of a gambler when it comes to my cabin. I book where I know I will be happy, with my set of requirements. Ending up under a lounge would not make me happy. Maybe less people requesting guarentees has changed the game. Sid, wishing you well, if you decide to roll the cabin dice.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 2nd, 2012, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I think the smart decision when booking a guarantee cabin catagory, is booking the catagory that you want. Also, making sure where all those cabins are located, so there will not be one that is not to your liking. Then, if you should happen to be upgraded, all the better.

Message Boards Moderator