Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 3rd, 2012, 05:32 PM
Familiar Face

Default Back from Alaska

I just finished my first cruise. I loved it. We went to Alaska on the Celebrity Infinity. It was all so beautiful. In Juneau we did the Sea Planes over the glaciers, Skagway did train and salmon bake which was the most awesomest (if that's a word lol). At Ketchikan we didn't plan anything because we wanted to attend Church because this was our 35th anniversary. Holy Name Church had vans at the port to pick up anybody that wanted to attend Church. We talked to Fr. Scott before Mass and he made a special announcement after Mass acknowledging our anniversary. After Mass several members introducted themselves and one couple insisted on taking us around the town. That evening I had reserved the SS United States which this is the only thing I wouldn't do again. I couldn't tell the food there or service was any better than what we received in the main dinning room. William and Ada was the best servers and I sure miss them. lol My husband asked for a menu this morning. lol We enjoyed all the extra activities on the ship. We were selected to play the game "Newly Wed...Not so Newly Wed" game which was so much fun. Ian was a great Cruise Life director. We had champagne compliments of staff twice and wine once, which was not expected. On our anniversary they sent a cake to our room and made swan shapes out of towels with roses. Everyone went out of their way to make everything very special. The ocean was good to us most of the time but on our way back Wednesday was pretty rough. I'm still dizzy from that. I will cruise again but I'm afraid I did the best cruise first and anything now will be down hill.
Sponsored Links
Old June 3rd, 2012, 05:39 PM
Admiral

Sounds like a great time. Happy belated Anniversary!

Hawaii By land x 2
Paris and German Christmas Markets
Old June 3rd, 2012, 05:56 PM
Admiral

I'm happy for you. You had a great cruise and you celebrated your anniversary in style.

I have also cruised to Alaska with Celebrity and enjoyed as much as you you did.
I plan to do another Alaska cruise before too long.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old June 3rd, 2012, 06:17 PM
Banned
Captain

I am glad that special cruise turned out so well for you..Alaska is one of the nicest cruises I ever went on...
Old June 11th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grands3 View Post
I just finished my first cruise. I loved it. We went to Alaska on the Celebrity Infinity. It was all so beautiful. In Juneau we did the Sea Planes over the glaciers, Skagway did train and salmon bake which was the most awesomest (if that's a word lol). At Ketchikan we didn't plan anything because we wanted to attend Church because this was our 35th anniversary. Holy Name Church had vans at the port to pick up anybody that wanted to attend Church. We talked to Fr. Scott before Mass and he made a special announcement after Mass acknowledging our anniversary. After Mass several members introducted themselves and one couple insisted on taking us around the town. That evening I had reserved the SS United States which this is the only thing I wouldn't do again. I couldn't tell the food there or service was any better than what we received in the main dinning room. William and Ada was the best servers and I sure miss them. lol My husband asked for a menu this morning. lol We enjoyed all the extra activities on the ship. We were selected to play the game "Newly Wed...Not so Newly Wed" game which was so much fun. Ian was a great Cruise Life director. We had champagne compliments of staff twice and wine once, which was not expected. On our anniversary they sent a cake to our room and made swan shapes out of towels with roses. Everyone went out of their way to make everything very special. The ocean was good to us most of the time but on our way back Wednesday was pretty rough. I'm still dizzy from that. I will cruise again but I'm afraid I did the best cruise first and anything now will be down hill.
Alaska IS lovely but there are so many more places in the world I loved such as Bermuda, St Thomas, Martinique, Dover, England, cork Ireland,etc. and still many more places I am yet to cruise. We are about to go on our 20th and we still love cruising-and heck we have done only a few compared to many on these boards with 50 plus cruises under their belts.

I am glad you had such a wonderful time. Congrats on your first cruise.

I have now achieved-
ONE HUNDRED DAYS ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
139 days total

Booked: Celebrity Silhouette November 23, 2014