Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 10th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Angry Celebrity Millennium - Construction Site Cruise not Modern Luxury!

Poor experience on Celebrity Millennium Western Caribbean [April 16, 2012]. Spent 5 day-cruise while ship is under construction prior to dry dock - never once warned or told when made the reservation or prior to finalizing our booking w/Celebrity. Poor handling by management from while on board to corporate. Not once received apology nor compensation for terrible cruise experience - corporate office offered $150.00 CAD future cruise credit toward purchase of next cruise [what make you think I would spend anymore money on this company - if our first poor experience was neither acknowledged nor compensated ... small offering to replace our 'botched' vacation?] See enclosed You Tube link for our memory of this cruise:

Celebrity Millennium Modern Luxury ??? - YouTube

I hope this'll help in choosing your future cruise company ...
Sponsored Links
Old June 11th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

I've heard similar stories. Now I always check to make sure my voyage isn't the last one before, or the next one after, a drydock. I just sailed on the Grand Princess and it was listed the last sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale for the season. I made sure she was headed to Europe and not to drydock.
Princess Emerald Princess (2010) min-suite
Carnival Conquest (2008)
Princess Grand Princess (2003)
Carnival Victory (2002)
Celebrity Century (1997) Century Suite
Carnival Fantasy (1997)
Carnival Ecstasy (1994) Grand Suite
NCL Sunward (1992) Marquee Suite
RCI Nordic Empress (1990)
RCI Song of America (1988)
Old June 11th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Banned
Captain

That is a disgrace...ship should have been put out of service and dry docked...the only remedy I would accept is at least a half refund....problem is that the cruise line really doesnt have to answer to anyone...and getting any type of refund is almost a impossible task.
Old June 11th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I can understand your frustration. The in-progress construction could be an annoyance and destroy the "luxury" feeling.

Was the pool closed the whole time? Were the stacks of lumber always there? Was the promenade always closed and under construction? Were any of the main venues closed? i.e. MDR, buffet, lounges, bars, pool, theater, cabins out of service.

I'm sorry you booked the cruise before the drydock and do believe that there should be some mention of it so people can be aware.

Your loss may be my gain. I sail the new "Solticized" Millennium in five months. I hope they still aren't doing construction.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 11th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Welcome Newcomer

reported to BBB - so far, no response from Celebrity - you're right ... once they got your money... very hard to get anything back from them
Old June 11th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Welcome Newcomer

The pool was opened through out - the yellow tape 'work in progress' was there from day 1 to 5; stacks of lumber were also there from day 1 - 5 ... by day 5 the stacks were not as high; the front half of the promenade deck was closed through out, used as construction storage/warehouse; the mid promenade was also closed off used as carpetting warehouse; various sections were sectioned off through out the cruise due crew working. Our in-room safe was not working - put our valuables in it, then the display light went off - could not get it open - battery was low. First day, it took almost 3 hrs to get it fixed [we had to wait in the cabin since valuables involved] - the second night, the display light went off again - ended up not using the safe through out the entire cruise, place our valuable in our suitcase under the bed. Concierge Class veranda was filthy from previous guests - not cleaned through out the entire cruise.
Old June 12th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Picture worth a 1000 words

I love your u Tube,it really told the story about your cruise. Needless to say,it wasn't great.
I did sail on the ship and had a great time,but that was 7 years ago.
At times we see,what we might think is a great price on a cruise and this is why. Thanks for the cruise report, I'll do more research before I book my next cruise.
On the bright side,thank god it wasn't a 14 day cruise.
Ed
Old June 12th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

I would not be a 'happy camper' either. Good Luck.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old June 12th, 2012, 10:27 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to richsea

Disgracefull!!!! You should get back much more than $150!!! I am a big Celebrity fan, but that is no way to treat a guest.
Just a thought; why would you wait in your room to guard valuables that were inside a safe that no one could open???
Old June 13th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Familiar Face

Oh no!!

I spent a lot of time on that ship as I worked in the spa...and it was so nice!

I knew it was going to construction soon...but didn't think they would sell a cruise to you like that. So sorry to see that. I watched the video.

I've worked on a few different ships and honestly...millenium was my favorite. I still love it but will be happy when it's finished with reconstruction.

I do think they should have comp'd your vacation.

Ships worked on:

Silver Seas Shadow
Celebrity Millennium
Caribbean Princess
Celebrity Summit

http://www.lepajessi.blogspot.com
http://www.youtube.com/lepajessi
http://www.lepajessi.com (Under Construction)
Old June 18th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Welcome Newcomer

They would not be able to fix the safe unless the guest is in the cabin - because of valuables involved [placed in the safe] - I guess for liability purposes; they don't want to be held accountable in case we are missing anything from the safe during our absence.