Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 21st, 2012, 12:11 AM
Jason Leppert

Default Celebrity Millennium: Solsticization Review

Celebrity Millennium: Solsticization Review
by Jason Leppert

An extensive look at and review of the completed Solsticization of the Celebrity Millennium.

With the recent revitalization of the Celebrity Millennium, Celebrity Cruises has nearly completed its impressive $140M Solsticization initiative the process of upgrading the Millennium-class ships with Solstice-class features. All that is left of the project (which I began to report on here before the Millennium was Solsticized) is to return to the Celebrity Constellation to add AquaClass staterooms and a Celebrity iLounge in May of 2013.

Earlier this year, I was able to tour the Celebrity Infinity for the day (see her remodeled spaces here), and I just returned from a sailing on the Celebrity Millennium in Alaska (see my Virtual Cruise and even more photos of the Millennium here). While onboard, I had the pleasure to chat with Sheldon Thompson, Celebrity Millennium's Hotel Director who was onboard while she was in drydock just over a month ago. So let me break it all down for you and provide a detailed Solsticization review of the Celebrity Millennium.

Read more: Celebrity Millennium: Solsticization Review

What do you think about the Solsticization of the Millennium-class ships?
Sponsored Links
Old June 21st, 2012, 04:46 AM
Captain

Personally my favorite things on the solstice ships are the lawn club and the glass blowing show.

I must have spent at least 5 hours watching them make vases, glasses, etc. Very cool and quite unique, unfortunately since the group that does it is from a non-profit venture you can't buy the items. They do an auction at the end for charity, only 3 pieces which makes them pretty expensive as a few people bid them up and up.
Old June 21st, 2012, 09:15 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I can't wait to experience the upgrades, next December, when we sail the Millennium to Asia.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 22nd, 2012, 01:45 PM
Jason Leppert

aerospace- I agree. The Lawn Club is such a treat. It's so relaxing there.

Mike- You're going to love it. She will make a great ship for Asia.