Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 24th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Admiral

Default Alaska 2013 by Princess Cruisers

We are a couple in late 50's easy going. Have been to Alaska twice (HAL & Princess) . I would like to take my DW for her birthday in July to Alaska on the Millie . How would find Celebrity compared to Princess or HAL?

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Sponsored Links
Old June 24th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Captain

We've sailed HAL and Celebrity to Alaska but not Princess. Hard pressed to say one was better than the other. Both were great. I have one "problem" with Celebrity however when booking future cruises. They don't go to Glacier Bay. Although Hubbard glacier was beautiful, in future Alaskan cruises Glacier Bay will be a must for us. We've never sailed Princess but they do go to Glacier Bay so I would consider them in the future.
Old July 1st, 2012, 04:21 PM
Admiral

If you've been to Alaska twice already on HAL and Princess I'm thinking you've already been to Glacier Bay? If you have, then Millennium would be great. She's a lovely ship. Celebrity is a good product and very comparable to Princess and HAL.

Hawaii By land x 2
Paris and German Christmas Markets
Old July 1st, 2012, 04:25 PM
Banned
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackypup View Post
If you've been to Alaska twice already on HAL and Princess I'm thinking you've already been to Glacier Bay? If you have, then Millennium would be great. She's a lovely ship. Celebrity is a good product and very comparable to Princess and HAL.
Each person has their own opinion on what ship they like or dislike. What one person likes another may not.

Crystal in December.

Dressing in tux for formal nights