Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 6th, 2012, 01:30 AM
Jason Leppert

Default Behind the Qsine

Behind the Qsine
by Jason Leppert

A behind the scenes look at the creation and operation of Celebrity Cruises' Qsine specialty restaurant.

In 2010 with the launch of Celebrity Eclipse, a new concept in onboard dining emerged with the opening of Qsine. This specialty restaurant epitomizes fun by embracing its "uniquely unordinary" identity and eliminating all pretenses associated with fine dining without sacrificing culinary refinement.

The result has been so popular that the restaurant opened onboard the successive Silhouette and will be included on the upcoming Reflection. It has also since been added to the Millennium, Infinity, and Summit, and will most likely make its way onto the Constellation when she goes in for drydock next year.

In fact, while I was onboard the Celebrity Millennium, I had the opportunity to interview Predrag Pajovic the maitre d' of Qsine, as well as Celebrity's restaurant launch extraordinaire and Wayan Darmawan the executive chef of Qsine, as well as part of the opening team for Qsine originally on the Eclipse to get a sense for just how much went into the development of this restaurant and what it continues to take to run it successfully. Additionally, our culinary editor, Janice Wald Henderson, had previously reviewed Qsine as part of her report on Celebrity Eclipse's food.

Read more: Behind the Qsine

Have you had the pleasure of dining at Qsine or do you hope to in the future?
Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Qsine excellent but....

I had the pleasure of dining in Qsine aboard the Eclipse in December and LOVED IT! My only issue with it was that the server did not really assist us with explaining that everything came in the order you entered it on your ipad... I would have expected a bit more guidance or that they would serve the food in the most palatable progression.

This may see like a bit too much to ask but really, I would have expected that the kitchen has a natural 'order' to when they think menu items should be consumed... my example of this is that last thing we were served (which we ordered last on the ipad) was the ceviche trio... this was COMPLETELY lost after consuming the Indian sampler among the other 7 dishes we had... the ceviche was beautiful but it honestly did not taste very good after everything else we had. (maybe a palate cleanser would have solved this?)

The restaurant is so busy, I think that if the service staff would maybe give restaurant goers a few 'tips' the experience would have been better.

Food was good, the concept excellent but since it is full every night, there is little motivation for the Celebrity F & B dept to improve on the experience.
Old July 16th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I so enjoyed this venue on the Media sailing of the Eclipse. For me, I would eat here for lunches. I love the presentation,and the special table top pieces to showcase the foods.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 7th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I will have to remember that. My favorite part is the food. I gained 7 lbs on my last cruise. We ate at least 5 times a day.